Path of Exile/Path of Exile 2 OT - update: PoE II Druid/Warrior/Huntress Gamescom 2023 gameplay

osxmatt

I hope they're developing a console version alongside it this time, now that they know it'll work.

Here's to hoping for better balancing though; i played through the original campaign without too much effort then got absolutely annihilated in the endgame. At least tell me my build is shit before i put in a good 50 hours or so :p

On 11/18/2019 at 8:44 PM, SFLUFAN said:

LOL Diablo(IV)wned LOL

Seriously, this looks soooooo much better than the Diablo IV gameplay reveal.

Yes, yes - I know Diablo IV is like a decade away from release, but still...

Diablo IV just looks like an expansion pack to III at this point. I'm more excited for this though I never played the original. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Path of Exile/Path of Exile 2 OT - update: "Second Trailer" and "Gameplay Walkthrough 2" (20 minutes)
  • 2 years later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Path of Exile/Path of Exile 2 OT - update: Path of Exile 2 - Official Ngamakanu Teaser Trailer
On 11/18/2019 at 9:44 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

LOL Diablo(IV)wned LOL

Seriously, this looks soooooo much better than the Diablo IV gameplay reveal.

Yes, yes - I know Diablo IV is like a decade away from release, but still...

Well, here we are.

• Sicko Sherman 1

It's interesting looking at how PoE 2 has changed since the original trailers. It feels like both it an Diablo 4 had significant convergent evolution on a slower, darker, meatier style, which I personally like.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Path of Exile/Path of Exile 2 OT - update: Path of Exile 2 - Gameplay Trailer (PC Gaming Show 2023)
  • 1 month later...
tsEeaaJKT4vmzuUsG7RMfH-1200-80.png
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Grinding Gear Games has scrapped plans to overwrite Path of Exile 1 with its sequel.

When Path of Exile 2 was announced four years ago, it was going to expand on and overtake Path of Exile 1. The original action RPG's campaign was still going to be playable, but PoE's transformation into Path of Exile 2 would add in a new campaign and alter the endgame—sort of like how Overwatch 2 replaced Overwatch. Well, plans change.

That's definitely some shocking news!

Path of Exile 2, shown off in detail today at ExileCon, also has meta gems, but they're part of a revamped skill system that throws away item links in lieu of skill gems that you socket into… more gems.

Gemception, if you will.

PoE 2's meta gems are capable of all sorts of nonsense. The spell totem meta, for example, can be used to equip multiple skills into your totems that will cast intelligently. For example, they could be arranged so that you immobilize enemies first, then curse them to debuff, and finally hit them with a huge damage spell. The cast on shock meta gem can be used to link multiple attack skills, resulting in a huge cacophony of destruction once you've once you've zapped some mobs a few times.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Path of Exile/Path of Exile 2 OT - update: lots of information from ExileCon 2023 posted including new gameplay videos
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Path of Exile/Path of Exile 2 OT - update: PoE II Druid/Warrior/Huntress Gamescom 2023 gameplay