LG C9 OLED owners, I got Gsync working!

Rbk_3

Gsync update has secretly been available for weeks in the Nvidia 440.52 beta driver, no update to the TV required

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windows-10-pro-insider-nvidia-driver-440-52.428574/#post-5711780

440.52 can be found here. This is Nvidia general update to enable VRR over HDMI.  Unpack the folder and find setup.exe. You will have to enable Gsync in Nvidia Control Panel as the display isn't officially validated yet. That TV update should come out shortly.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

@Rbk_3 it works but it also messes up my color hue, warmth, etc. Did you have this issue as well?

It automatically puts it in Auto Low Latency Mode like the Xbox does now. It probably changed your TV presets to a different mode? Mine looks fine

32 minutes ago, HalfJoey said:

How does it look and feel? Other than color issues, does it feel as smooth as GSync on a computer monitor? Does it feel like the future of living room gaming?

I didn't get a lot of play time with it but I tried GTA at 1440/120 and it felt butter smooth. 

I was able to OC it to 4K 66hz so I am hoping that will allow me to lock my framerate to 60hz and not have to worry about going out of Gsync in 4k but I haven't played around with it yet 

2 hours ago, Rbk_3 said:

It automatically puts it in Auto Low Latency Mode like the Xbox does now. It probably changed your TV presets to a different mode? Mine looks fine

I didn't get a lot of play time with it but I tried GTA at 1440/120 and it felt butter smooth. 

I was able to OC it to 4K 66hz so I am hoping that will allow me to lock my framerate to 60hz and not have to worry about going out of Gsync in 4k but I haven't played around with it yet 

I thought VRR should stay enabled into the low 40fps range?

2 minutes ago, Rbk_3 said:

I am talking about going out of Gsync the other way. 4k over HDMI 2.0 only goes 40-60. 

I guess I’m misunderstanding what you’re talking about then. Why would you set your refresh rate to 66hz then? Set the refresh rate to 60hz and enable VSync (as you’re supposed to with GSync) and your fps won’t exceed 60fps to put you out of the “GSync range”. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I guess I’m misunderstanding what you’re talking about then. Why would you set your refresh rate to 66hz then? Set the refresh rate to 60hz and enable VSync (as you’re supposed to with GSync) and your fps won’t exceed 60fps to put you out of the “GSync range”. 

Yes it will. You’re supposed to set your frame rate 2-3 FPS below your monitors max or it will sometimes go into vsync. This TV can’t go over 60hz on 4k out of the box so I am going to hopefully OC it to at least 63 if the gsync range will go that high so I can lock 4k to 60 FPS and not worry about it going out of gsync range into vsync 

https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/5/

31 minutes ago, Rbk_3 said:

Yes it will. You’re supposed to set your frame rate 2-3 FPS below your monitors max or it will sometimes go into vsync. This TV can’t go over 60hz on 4k out of the box so I am going to hopefully OC it to at least 63 if the gsync range will go that high so I can lock 4k to 60 FPS and not worry about it going out of gsync range into vsync 

https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/5/

I think you may be overestimating how much input lag VSync causes :p 

7 minutes ago, Rbk_3 said:

Enough to matter.

If you’re playing competitively (when 40 ms will matter), isn’t it generally recommended to disable all frame syncing techniques (VRR and VSync)? Also, I’m a bit confused by that graph, as it doesn’t show the input lag created by VSync or GSync singly and not before the ceiling.

12 hours ago, morph89 said:

How well does 1440 scale on the C9? Does text read well?

Also, does HDR work at 120Hz?

Looks good to me, but I am about 7- 8’ from a 55”. It looks better than 1080p does. It’s really no different than games on consoles that use non native resolutions like 1800p

Here is a pic of GTA 1080p vs 1440p I took to give you a bit of an idea. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Really, it is no different than the calling of 720p on a 1080p screen. The resolutions are just doubled up. 

I am really excited to try Modern Warfare at 1440/120 tonight 

13 hours ago, morph89 said:

Have been getting the itch as well, but might wait for Black Friday if any deals pop up. 

You can probably find a retailer that is willing to honour Black Friday pricing. I know a bunch of people in Canada have at smaller retailers.