Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC) OT

Commissar SFLUFAN

10 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

312-D1439-5-B11-46-AB-8-F40-9-F9-F10-FE0

When someone posts about a game with notorious performance issues where you can't find a single example of it running anywhere near acceptable, this is exactly the PC I imagine from the guy typing "It's fiiiiiine." Motherfucker just happy his integrated GPU didn't crash the game.

• Haha 2

On 11/6/2019 at 8:06 PM, Spork3245 said:

Less “fog” on PC keeping stuff sharper in the distance, as well as more strands of fur/hair on animals/people. Otherwise, I’m not seeing much difference. :confused: 

Upon viewing with a 1440p monitor everything in the PC version looks sharper than the X1X.  Textures are certainly less muddy.  I would bet that the X1X is probably using some crappy post-processing Anti-Aliasing filter which might be reducing texture quality, but since you can't change that setting on consoles the PC still comes out with a win.  To me the difference between the PC and X1X in terms of sharpness is comparable to the difference between the X and the Pro.  Snow deformation also seems to use more tessellation on PC.

But I couldn't quite make out any differences in terms of (close up) model quality (that couldn't be explained by texture sharpness), and likewise lighting and shadows seemed similar.

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

TLDR

Xboxone and PC at 60 fps have almost a 1/2 second delay due to animations

FPS mode still has the delay even though you cant see the animation

The game in FPS mode would require over 200 fps to get the delay down to reasonable

Fuck you there's no such thing as input delay! I'm a raging, lifelong alcoholic and so my dramatically slowed reflexes meant the game felt totally normal to me. It's very normal for a human to not notice over half a second of something not responding! I take at least 5 seconds to hit the brakes at a red light!

5 hours ago, SimpleG said:

TLDR

Xboxone and PC at 60 fps have almost a 1/2 second delay due to animations

FPS mode still has the delay even though you cant see the animation

The game in FPS mode would require over 200 fps to get the delay down to reasonable

1/2 second? Yeah, I'll wait till that's fixed. I could see that causing me a lot of frustration...

On 11/14/2019 at 6:46 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

From what I understand Rockstar launcher doesn’t offer refunds. Pretty nice feature to have when your launcher doesn’t launch your games.

#ItsJustALauncher 🤷🏼‍♀️

B-b-b-b-b-but-the poncho

spacer.png

On 11/17/2019 at 2:24 PM, Xbob42 said:

Fuck you there's no such thing as input delay! I'm a raging, lifelong alcoholic and so my dramatically slowed reflexes meant the game felt totally normal to me. It's very normal for a human to not notice over half a second of something not responding! I take at least 5 seconds to hit the brakes at a red light!

@TomCat

• 2 weeks later...