$100,000 in rare games stolen

Rodimus

https://techraptor.net/content/trade-n-games-100000-stolen-rare-games-theft

Game Store with a well documents collection was robbed. The games where in a massive safe. I found it interesting that in the beginning the safe cost more than the game but in the last 10 years the games became worth much more. This was a group effort in the theft. I just hope this doesn't give many others the idea that any game collection is worth what he had. Also these games seem so rare I don't know how they can sell them all off without getting attention.

The people who stole the stuff are going to get caught easily when they try to flip the stuff. I really doubt they put much thought into how they will sell them.

This sadly is also the issue with posting about your collections online. You put a target on yourself. :( 

2 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Yeah this is pretty unusual. Some of the game stores around me (mostly GameStop) have been robbed or attempted robbery (at gun point) but all the criminals were after was cash. Not games.

Just last year around Christmas, some idiot robbed a local GameStop at gun point with a fake gun. Even tied the employees up. He got caught because he went back to the same GS in the same clothes as a customer. 

• Haha 3

On 8/23/2019 at 7:20 PM, SFLUFAN said:

These aren't going on the open market - these are going into the private collection of a wealthy collector.

This is like any number of art heists over the years where the paintings just seem to vanish into thin air.

Next plot for an Oceans movie?

On 8/23/2019 at 8:20 PM, SFLUFAN said:

These aren't going on the open market - these are going into the private collection of a wealthy collector.

This is like any number of art heists over the years where the paintings just seem to vanish into thin air.

Agreed. My immediate thought was that this is the videogame equivalent of the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum heist.

On 8/28/2019 at 3:46 AM, Reputator said:

How the hell did they steal a safe weighing hundreds of pounds in less than 5 minutes? I couldn't even load a couch into a truck that fast.

This job was planned and they seemed to be well staffed in the job to get in and out so fast.

On 8/28/2019 at 5:46 AM, Reputator said:

How the hell did they steal a safe weighing hundreds of pounds in less than 5 minutes? I couldn't even load a couch into a truck that fast.

Man, people steal harleys in far less time with just a few guys to pick it up quick and throw it into a van. Whoever did this was obviously prepared.