Animal Crossing: New Horizons (20 March 2020) OT - Island Getaway

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Well, I guess it’s about time for me to get back into the game. 

I was just thinking of exactly that after watching the Direct. They've added pretty much everything I would have liked other than being able to build these shops, restaurants, and school on my own Island.

Cliffs notes

• The Roost
  •  Invite characters with Amiibo
  •  Drink with real people
  • Kapp'n Boat tours
  •  Harv's Island - Will have shops from all people who visit island normally
  •  Katrina
  •  Group stretching (Can use motion controls or button controls)
  •  Island ordinances
  •  More home exterior options
  •  More storage expansions up to 5,000
  •  New nook miles stuff
  •  Cooking DIY (Including vegetable growing)
  • Ceiling decor / Accent walls
  •  Can have 10 bridges and inclines now
  •  More fences
  •  Camera app improved
  •  Can wear patterns
  •  New Hairstyles
  •  New Reactions
  •  Island Life 101
  •  Outside storage shed
  •  Outside ABD
  •  12 more K.K. Slider songs
  •  Gyroids
  •  New shop items
  •  Permanent ladders
  •  Tight room navigation
  •  Residents will visit or invite you over
  •  Can go to work
  • Happy Home Paradise paid DLC, make vacation homes for characters. $24.99 (Included with Nintendo Online Expansion Pack)

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

My thoughts are, they finally included everything they left out of the 3DS version (except the campsite). There are some QOL things.

Not super interested in the DLC but I wish you could use the editor in the DLC in the main game.

From the end of the dlc trailer it sounds like eventually when you “beat” the dlc then you’d get access to the editor in the main game, at least that’s how I took “your local residents might even ask you to remodel their homes”.

This all looks really good, I’ll probably do a year of expansion pass to play the dlc and combined with the free update and it being the holiday season coming up it’s a great time to go back in.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

From the end of the dlc trailer it sounds like eventually when you “beat” the dlc then you’d get access to the editor in the main game, at least that’s how I took “your local residents might even ask you to remodel their homes”.

I mean stuff like creating paths and moving things around outside. Painting a path looks a lot easier than putting it down one at a time controlling your character.

Honestly it still feels like a bit of a hollow update.. traveling to get to shops, sure fine. The lack of the furniture series is still the biggest spot of deficiency in the game..

In addition having added Gyroids I would have expected them to expand room size to facilitate populating them into the homes..

• 3 weeks later...

It keeps erroring out with a communication error and no other detail every time trying to transfer my island to my oled. :/ It sees the island to receive but then just says communication error right away. Tried switching profiles in different ways per some stuff I read online and rebooting of course but fucking nothing. :/ why can’t i just download my save from the cloud on the. re system instead of this fucking shit

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

It keeps erroring out with a communication error and no other detail every time trying to transfer my island to my oled. :/ It sees the island to receive but then just says communication error right away. Tried switching profiles in different ways per some stuff I read online and rebooting of course but fucking nothing. :/ why can’t i just download my save from the cloud on the. re system instead of this fucking shit

Why? You wanna know why? Because NINTENDO. 

Excited Ultimate Warrior GIF by WWE

6 hours ago, Biggie said:

and its the only game it seems that you can't just download your save from the cloud.  I re-started and yea its alot of work.

Yeah 100 hours+ in I just couldn’t do it and eventually found a way to transfer it!!! So happy. My solution ended up being, weirdly, putting both switches on my phones hotspot instead of my usual wifi and then the transfer just worked. Something about needing to have them on 2.4ghz band? Makes no fucking sense but it worked and the island is BEAUTIFUL on the oled!

• Like 1