Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree (06/21) - Information Thread, update (06/20): significant content update (bug fixes, balance changes, etc.) for the base game to release with expansion

24 minutes ago, best3444 said:

There's a video about the top 10 things you should do first in the game. I'd love to watch it but I don't want to spoil anything too. Maybe I'll watch it later tomorrow after I put in a few hours. 

I played the network test, so I have a pretty good idea. I can't wait to dig in. But you should definitely wait to see it all firsthand!

• True 1

7 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I have zero stuttering and a solid 60 in 4K, the game is butter on my PC! I'm Samurai'ing my way across the land felling birds, goat things, and rataroos with great abandon! :sun: 

I wonder what particular part of your configuration is bypassing the stutter! I definitely get what I’ve read described with the random stutters especially first entering a new area. GPU at 70% and cpu at like 15% usage so I don’t think it’s anything power related. Windows 11 also?

Also I hope the RT update is for lighting, because it’s soooo flat inside dungeons. Especially after the DS remake.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I wonder what particular part of your configuration is bypassing the stutter! I definitely get what I’ve read described with the random stutters especially first entering a new area. GPU at 70% and cpu at like 15% usage so I don’t think it’s anything power related. Windows 11 also?

Also I hope the RT update is for lighting, because it’s soooo flat inside dungeons. Especially after the DS remake.

Not sure, usually if there is a bug, I get it! I am somehow just lucky on this one. My main game SSD is a 4Tb PCIe4.0 NVME. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Not sure, usually if there is a bug, I get it! I am somehow just lucky on this one. My main game SSD is a 4Tb PCIe4.0 NVME. 

Based.

Mine is 1TB. How much RAM do you have? I have 16GB on one stick. I had 32GB but I dunno my PC hasnt been booting with 2 sticks. Maybe a bad DIMM. I wanted to wait for Zen 5 but if it becomes an issue before then I might just jump on Zen 4.

Just now, Zaku3 said:

Based.

Mine is 1TB. How much RAM do you have? I have 16GB on one stick. I had 32GB but I dunno my PC hasnt been booting with 2 sticks. Maybe a bad DIMM. I wanted to wait for Zen 5 but if it becomes an issue before then I might just jump on Zen 4.

I have 32Gb (2x16Gb kit) of Dominator DDR5 at 5200Mhz

Actually if I’m calculating this right for a 3080 1800p/120fps should be perfect when someone mods a fps unlock. I’ll probably actually try to get into this after I’m playing Horizon so hopefully by then that’ll exist along with a fix for the stutters.

33 minutes ago, stepee said:

Actually if I’m calculating this right for a 3080 1800p/120fps should be perfect when someone mods a fps unlock. I’ll probably actually try to get into this after I’m playing Horizon so hopefully by then that’ll exist along with a fix for the stutters.

I think the lock is an engine limitation.

Also are we supposed to kill the boss knight we run into. He kinda pwns me I ran away. Also halberd use is getting pwned by my weight. If I have the shield on I have roll. 

24 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

I think the lock is an engine limitation.

Also are we supposed to kill the boss knight we run into. He kinda pwns me I ran away. Also halberd use is getting pwned by my weight. If I have the shield on I have roll. 

Haven’t they unlocked it on their other games though or does that cause problems?

Played for about two hours and the initial impression is more positive than usual for this type of game. I ended up at a catacombs, thinking it was the main path, and beating the boss there, so that was cool. I got enough ruins to upgrade my strength twice. I never got to a point where I could do anything permanent in Demon Souls and played that a lot more, so this is a step up already. Also already got the mount and had some story thrown at me. It does seem more welcoming at least.

Im also still not sure if these games actually control well. Oh also the hdr seems borked with gsync on. It’s doing that thing where it shifts the brightness when you pan the camera unless I turn gsync or hdr of, I forgot what particular thing causes that but I’ll see how things look in a week or so when I return.