Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Larian doesn't plan to release DLC/expansions for BGIII nor develop BGIV

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Interesting thing about co-op. Can you invite random people to help you out in a battle?

Also, I never knew BG was known that way with sex. The funny thing was she was the one that made the move which was funny. 

It's up to 4-player coop. People can drop into your game and you can assign them control of companions. Or if you start a coop campaign together, you all can create your own custom characters.

57 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm kinda stuck. AND I ran out of supplies to camp and fully heal. The mountain pass is too difficult because I'm level 4 and the enemies blocking my way are level 6 and destroy my party. I will have to look at a guide. 

I can't go to moonrise towers either. Now I'm really lost. This is where my inexperience for this genre comes through. To the rest of you I'm pretty sure you never got stuck like this. I really want to continue this game but I litteraly don't know what to do. 

24 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I can't go to moonrise towers either. Now I'm really lost. This is where my inexperience for this genre comes through. To the rest of you I'm pretty sure you never got stuck like this. I really want to continue this game but I litteraly don't know what to do. 

how much have you explored in the first map?  have you been talking to people and getting any side quests?  Things like that wont be obvious so you really need to immerse yourself into the world to find things.  you really should be 6-7 before leaving the first main map of the game so you must be missing a lot of things like that

7 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

how much have you explored in the first map?  have you been talking to people and getting any side quests?  Things like that wont be obvious so you really need to immerse yourself into the world to find things.  you really should be 6-7 before leaving the first main map of the game so you must be missing a lot of things like that

I think best killed a lot of the side quests as well.

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure he killed Karlach, and he caused the Grove to lock down and there is so much potential EXP there along with recruiting Wyll which I have no idea if he did.

I'm not sure at all how he made it thru the underdark and grymforge without hitting level 5 tho.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

I think best killed a lot of the side quests as well.

Hide contents

I'm pretty sure he killed Karlach, and he caused the Grove to lock down and there is so much potential EXP there along with recruiting Wyll which I have no idea if he did.

I'm not sure at all how he made it thru the underdark and grymforge without hitting level 5 tho.

I completely explored the Underdark and Grymforge. Yes, I fucked up and the Grove is completely sealed off for me and Haslin. 

I did reach the hag just now but she took my eyeball out and disappeared. I went behind the fireplace where she keeps her victims but nothing is happening. I tried opening the sealed door but nothing. 

Any advice?

@Firewithin I speak to everyone on every map. I have no where to go. :(

54 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Time to restart!

• True 1

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I completely explored the Underdark and Grymforge. Yes, I fucked up and the Grove is completely sealed off for me and Haslin. 

I did reach the hag just now but she took my eyeball out and disappeared. I went behind the fireplace where she keeps her victims but nothing is happening. I tried opening the sealed door but nothing. 

Any advise?

@Firewithin I speak to everyone on every map. I have no where to go. :(

Yes, learn to spell. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

• Sicko Sherman 1

Any advise?

My advice would have been to not take the eye lol. It is not a good eye to have.

There is a wall you can talk to in the room with the victims.

Spoiler

It is a false wall that you can walk thru.

Everything you need to know should be here

I'm making terrible decisions in this game. I'm half tempted to start over like biggie said. The grove has so much to offer and I didn't realize I could litteraly make it disappear. Also I'm only rockin with 2 allies. You can have more whee I stand, correct?

@Bacon what do you think?

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm making terrible decisions in this game. I'm half tempted to start over like biggie said. The grove has so much to offer and I didn't realize I could litteraly make it disappear. 

@Bacon what do you think?

I restarted 3 times before I beat it so... As long as you aren't deterred from completing the game, restart IMO.

If you are planning on playing this game many times, then ride out your poor choices lol. But I'm assuming you want to experience the maximum amount of content on your first go. I'm not about playing a game more than once, generally, so I want to make the most out of what is likely my only play-thru. If you aren't planning multiple play-thrus, then restart.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I restarted 3 times before I beat it so... As long as you aren't deterred from completing the game, restart IMO.

If you are planning on playing this game many times, then ride out your poor choices lol. But I'm assuming you want to experience the maximum amount of content on your first go. I'm not about playing a game more than once, generally, so I want to make the most out of what is likely my only play-thru. If you aren't planning multiple play-thrus, then restart.

Yes, I'm like you in that I never replay games so I will start over and make this the very best playthrough.

How many allies should I have before entering act 2?

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Best never replays games, except for RDR2 and TLOU, he only restarts games multiple times. :p

Pretty accurate. 

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Also, save scum. I had over two thousand saves when I beat the game. I made sure I came out with the results I wanted from dialogue. Fuck fate.

On PS5 you can only have a small amount of saves before you run out of space. They force you to delete files. Which is lame af. 

Pretty accurate. 

On PS5 you can only have a small amount of saves before you run out of space. They force you to delete files. Which is lame af. 

Well, didnt have 2k save files, I just saved that many times. My "hard saves" were uncapped, but quick saves were limited to 30. I quick saved so often that keeping that feature on was a boon to my SSD.

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

I'm kinda stuck. AND I ran out of supplies to camp and fully heal. The mountain pass is too difficult because I'm level 4 and the enemies blocking my way are level 6 and destroy my party. I will have to look at a guide. 

You shouldn't leave for the mountain pass until lvl 6-7.

There is a ton of supplies for camping. You just need to loot more. 

If all else fails just steal a bunch of shit in the grove and sell it for food. 

1 minute ago, Air_Delivery said:

He nuked the grove so that ain’t an option

1 minute ago, Air_Delivery said:

I appreciate the post but you missed that the grove is sealed off to me. I loot my brains out. I'm gunna start over and make better decisions. 

50 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I appreciate the post but you missed that the grove is sealed off to me. I loot my brains out. I'm gunna start over and make better decisions. 

Wait until I get it. It’s not like you’ll have to go back to work after Christmas. 

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Wait until I get it. It’s not like you’ll have to go back to work after Christmas. 

Well this game is an extremely slow burn. I can restart tomorrow and just take my time making better decisions. When you get it we will still be in the same area. 

• Hugs 1