Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Larian doesn't plan to release DLC/expansions for BGIII nor develop BGIV

I haven't played in a while. I was waiting for the adamantine scale armor clipping to get fixed, but it never did. I didn't want to mess with the achievement enabler mod as many people seemed to have issues with it working but I found out the script entender enables achievements so I did that and then installed a mod that adds an adamantine armor for every type of armor in the game so now I have an Adamantine Breastplate +1.

6e77bab15dc7160ae87214c5ff2efa9a.png

Once I get around to doing the new FFXIV patch, I'll be starting this back up. Part of me wants to restart again, lol, but I doubt I will (this is a lie).

Beat the game, the final choices for the main ending were kinda... meh, IMO.

Spoiler

1.) Give a lying manipulating fuck the netherstones making him potentially all-powerful

2.) Become a mindflayer so you can wield the netherstones properly (going against everything you've been trying to avoid in this entire game) and potentially be turned into a thrall by the Emperor because he's a dick

3.) Free Orpheus and either let him become a mindflayer or go back to where you become a mindflayer but without the potential of being the Emperor's bitch

:| 

Supposedly you can have one of your companions become a mindflayer instead, but it didn't give me the option. I would've chosen Gale as Mystra probably turns him back or something.

I chose letting Orpheus become a mindflayer because I sure AF wasn't gonna do it, then for my companions...

Spoiler

Karlach was my bae, so I chose to go with her to Avernus. Because of this it played a scene with the two of us going there and an army of demons coming for us with Karlach feeling better, lighting up a cigar, and saying "you ready?" as we both draw weapons and run towards the demons. However, it didn't show any of the other characters resolving anything; (before leaving with Karlach) Gale asked what to do with the crown, I told him to give it to Mystra - Astarion starting burning in the sun and ran off - Lae'Zel said she would go fight the evil queen-god - I told Orpheus not to kill himself and just watch his people from afar - Wyll is going to be the Blade of Avernus but I told him not to come with me and Karlach (he's a cockblock for even trying to go with us) - I have no idea what's going on with Shadowheart, Jaheira, Halsin, or Minsc (I didn't get Mithara), but when given the option for "what's next" I said that "a celebration sounds great" or whatever.

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Hide contents

1.) Give a lying manipulating fuck the netherstones making him potentially all-powerful

2.) Become a mindflayer so you can wield the netherstones properly (going against everything you've been trying to avoid in this entire game) and potentially be turned into a thrall by the Emperor because he's a dick

3.) Free Orpheus and either let him become a mindflayer or go back to where you become a mindflayer but without the potential of being the Emperor's bitch

:| 

Supposedly you can have one of your companions become a mindflayer instead, but it didn't give me the option. I would've chosen Gale as Mystra probably turns him back or something.

I chose letting Orpheus become a mindflayer because I sure AF wasn't gonna do it, then for my companions...

Hide contents

Karlach was my bae, so I chose to go with her to Avernus. Because of this is played a scene with the two of us going there and an army of demons coming for us with Karlach feeling better, lighting up a cigar, and saying "you ready?" as we both draw weapons and run towards the demons. However, it didn't show any of the other characters resolving anything; Gale asked what to do with the crown, I told him to give it to Mystra - Astarion starting burning in the sun and ran off - Lae'Zel said she would go fight the evil queen-god - I told Orpheus not to kill himself and just watch his people from afar - Wyll is going to be the Blade of Avernus but I told him not to come with me and Karlach (he's a cockblock for even trying to go with us) - I have no idea what's going on with Shadowheart, Jaheira, Halsin, or Minsc (I didn't get Mithara).

Spoiler

Pre patch, apparently Karlach just explodes on the dock

Sad Season 1 Episode 1 GIF by NBC

2 minutes ago, legend said:

Hide contents

Pre patch, apparently Karlach just explodes on the dock

Sad Season 1 Episode 1 GIF by NBC

MAYBE:

Spoiler

If you broke Wyll out of his contract and saved his dad (the duke) then he offers to take her to Avernus if he chose to become the Blade of Avernus instead of the next duke of Baldur's Gate, even pre-patches, but she can refuse and die still. Supposedly the only way to go with them pre-patch was if you became a mindflayer, but you couldn't go with her alone no matter what because reasons.

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

MAYBE:

Hide contents

If you broke Wyll out of his contract and saved his dad (the duke) then he offers to take her to Avernus if he chose to become the Blade of Avernus instead of the next duke of Baldur's Gate, even pre-patches, but she can refuse and die still. Supposedly the only way to go with them pre-patch was if you became a mindflayer, but you couldn't go with her alone no matter what because reasons.

Yeah that's a weird set of conditions!

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Updates, events, and news from the developers of Baldur's Gate 3.

Hello everyone,

Another hotfix is now live for Baldur’s Gate 3, taking care of multiple bugs, issues and crashes.

Wish your hirelings looked a little more… glamorous? Worry no longer! We’ve given it a kick, and the Magic Mirror will now allow your hirelings to change their appearance! The same restrictions apply as when you edit your Tav, but we hope this enables you to create the party of your dreams. Or, someone else’s nightmares. We can’t wait to see it.

In addition, you can now change your name through the Magic Mirror. We’ll be using this to add Cool in front of every one of our characters, but you do you.

Once again, thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3, and for taking the time to report these issues to us.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Hotfix #9 has been released (PC name can be changed with the Magic Mirror)

There's no correlation between these articles at all :p

WWW.THEGAMER.COM

Asha Jennings-Grant breaks down goes into acting as intimacy coordinator for one of the year's biggest games.

“We honour the narrative, we’re being truthful, and we’re working safely and comfortably,” Asha Jennings-Grant tells me when recalling her experience as intimacy coordinator on Baldur’s Gate 3, a role which is the first of its kind in the medium. In a game boasting plenty of sex scenes, nudity, and romantic relationships, Larian wanted to make sure its RPG was coming across as mature and nuanced, but it also wanted to allow the actors, developers, and creatives involved to feel safe throughout the process.

For years now, Grant has worked as a movement director in the realms of film, television, stage, and performance capture. Baldur’s Gate 3 was her first foray into the world of video games. It was a strange and daunting assignment she spent years with; focusing on the romantic side of things with Shadowheart and Lae’zel alongside general guidance across movement of characters and parts of the world. It’s one of the vital roles in production that many fans likely take for granted, failing to realise what it means to take advantage of real world spaces where nothing exists, but for actors, everything and more must come to life.

WWW.THEGAMER.COM

The latest Baldur's Gate 3 hotfix strips down characters during romance scenes, as a bug made them far too modest.

Baldur's Gate 3 had a heartbreaking bug until today - the romance scenes weren't naughty enough. For some reason, the game was ignoring players who had toggled nudity to be on in the settings, giving us more modest sex scenes than we were promised. Now, this has been fixed, as the latest hotfix strips everyone down to nothing, just as intended.

No longer will everyone awkwardly dry hump until we get a fade to black. No, now the scenes look like actual stuff is happening, a nice little treat for those of us down bad for our campmates. Of course, you can still toggle the nudity off, if that's not your thing. But those of us who want to see the whole thing now can, as the scenes should work as intended.

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

There better be some go in to Avernus and kill Zariel/Save Karlach DLC

just got to Act 3. this game just keeps getting better and better. 

ive been keeping track of my playtime

act 1 - steam 40 - save file 27:30

act 2 - steam 70 - save file 48:45

not sure why its such a huge discrepancy. I know ive walked away a few times, but not 22hrs worth. 

An extremely dedicated Baldur's Gate 3 sound designer learned blacksmithing in real life in order to forge metal foot guards to create realistic "metal clank" noises for Larian's acclaimed RPG.

Sound designer Glenn Gullskjegg Goa recently uploaded a video titled "Baldur's Gate 3: Sabaton armor for recording session," in which a person clad in metal armor - at least from the ankles down - can be seen clanking around in various stepping and dancing motions.

"In Baldur's Gate 3, when you wear shoes with metal on them, we wanted them to have a unique sound layer of metal clanks," reads the caption. "I made some sabatons in the forge (I learned blacksmithing) and recorded an hour session of walking on various surfaces with them loosely on."

• Hype 1

Act III is such crazy contrast to the rest of the game (at least so far). In typical storytelling as you progress, the world tends to get bleaker and darker...but in this game, you go from the gloom, creepiness and desperation of act II into this brightly lit city full of life and people going about their business. but you can still feel the heaviness of what's coming. it's really amazing world building. 

I'm not very far in yet. I'm heading to

Spoiler

Gortash's coronation

I've stayed mostly in the starting area trying to complete whatever side quests have popped up and basically talked to everyone that was clickable. 

I would say my only complaint in act 3 so far is it suffers the same gaming cliche many RPGs have. Here you are in an urgent mission, but they throw these silly side quests at you that really have nothing to do with the main story. I know they are skippable, but I want to see everything in this playthrough bc there's no way I can do a 2nd...just too many games to play (although wouldn't mind trying some multiplayer). 

I never felt that way about act 1 and 2. the side quests felt like they had meaning and tied into the larger story being told. 

Either way, the game is amazing. it's one of those games I can't stop thinking about even when I'm not playing or haven't even played in a few days. 

• Halal 1
  • Hype 1

2 hours ago, atom631 said:

Act III is such crazy contrast to the rest of the game (at least so far). In typical storytelling as you progress, the world tends to get bleaker and darker...but in this game, you go from the gloom, creepiness and desperation of act II into this brightly lit city full of life and people going about their business. but you can still feel the heaviness of what's coming. it's really amazing world building. 

I'm not very far in yet. I'm heading to

Reveal hidden contents

I've stayed mostly in the starting area trying to complete whatever side quests have popped up and basically talked to everyone that was clickable. 

I would say my only complaint in act 3 so far is it suffers the same gaming cliche many RPGs have. Here you are in an urgent mission, but they throw these silly side quests at you that really have nothing to do with the main story. I know they are skippable, but I want to see everything in this playthrough bc there's no way I can do a 2nd...just too many games to play (although wouldn't mind trying some multiplayer). 

I never felt that way about act 1 and 2. the side quests felt like they had meaning and tied into the larger story being told. 

Either way, the game is amazing. it's one of those games I can't stop thinking about even when I'm not playing or haven't even played in a few days. 

FWIW, there are also still big side questions that tie into the main story. In particular, the companion quests often tie in quite strongly, as do some of the others.

• Halal 1

12 hours ago, atom631 said:

I don’t know, the side quests in this game are infinitely better than 99% of other RPGs. I think most others would have the side quests be like…

- gather 10 mugworts for Auntie Ethel
- defeat 5 cursed shadows to aid the Harpers
- collect 5 flute fragments to wake Art Cullagh
- Rolan slipped and the flying scrolls are going rogue. Help Rolan keep his job by catching all the flying scrolls! (4/79 completed)

• Haha 1
  • True 1

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I don’t know, the side quests in this game are infinitely better than 99% of other RPGs. I think most others would have the side quests be like…

- Rolan slipped and the flying scrolls are going rogue. Help Rolan keep his job by catching all the flying scrolls! (4/79 completed)

I wasn't sure whether to respond to this with the laugh emoji or cry emoji.

On 10/2/2023 at 11:36 AM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Gamespot is the only major gaming site that has yet to publish its review for the game and the reason is that the assigned reviewer encountered health issues during the process.  So the Gamespot EIC opted to give them time to get into better shape before completing the review.

And it has arrived.

WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

Baldur's Gate 3 is a sprawling, dense RPG backed by fantastic characters, an excellent combat system, and an impressive co-op mode.

Near the end of Baldur's Gate 3, a character says, "Too much freedom can be frightening." It's a powerful line within the context of the story, but it also speaks to Baldur's Gate 3 on a deeper level. The freedom that it offers is unprecedented, and it takes a little while to really see the scope of what that means for the game. At times, the sheer number of choices and consequences can be overwhelming. But before long, it becomes apparent that Baldur's Gate 3 allows players to be the authors of their own destinies in a way no other game has before. It's that freedom and reactivity paired with its excellent presentation and fantastic characters that really set Baldur's Gate 3 apart, and it's why after 200 hours I'm still coming back to it. Too much freedom can be frightening, but Larian trusts its players to make the most of it, for better or for worse.

• Hype 1

Act I may be the best section of any game ever released. It is so perfectly designed to introduce you to the world, but also allow you to make meaningful choices that affect the game immediately, but also long-term. You can just replay Act I five times and not experience much of the same story, if you choose to make different choices/actions (unless you are trying to experience all of it).

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Act I may be the best section of any game ever released. It is so perfectly designed to introduce you to the world, but also allow you to make meaningful choices that affect the game immediately, but also long-term. You can just replay Act I five times and not experience much of the same story, if you choose to make different choices/actions (unless you are trying to experience all of it).

So much this. I played about 10/15 hours 3 times before finally settling on a character I liked. I was blown away by how different almost every single encounter played out. This is the first massive RPG that I genuinely think I’ll play a second time. I’m 40+ hours in on my current play through and only now about to move to Act 2. Loving every second.  

I think it's probably the first RPG I will have played multiple times *because of* the different choices and such since Dragon Age: Origins. I think I played through DA:O 4-5 times total. I doubt I will do that with Baldur's Gate 3, since it's soooooooo much longer, but I'll play through it at least twice, I think.

I did play through games like Skyrim multiple times, but not necessarily because of different choices. I just liked walking around that world so much that I kept going back to play it. I've played through the Mass Effect trilogy multiple times, but the choices don't really matter all that much in the grand scheme of things. Unless you intentionally try to get your squad killed or whatever.

• Halal 1

I'm playing a Sword Bards/Thief/Fighter my second time through and lol they are so broken.

Dual hand Xbows + Haste + Bloodlust potion + Action surge + mobile slashing flourish I can literally attack 20 times in one turn.

Not to mention having decent spells/face of the party and is as good as a pure rogue at trap disarm/lockpicking/stealth.

• Shocked 1

On 10/10/2023 at 4:57 AM, Spork3245 said:

im not saying this isnt true. I guess when there literally isnt anything else to complain about (except maybe the path finding for your companions at times), that I am just nitpicking at this point. 

in act 3 i had to help the mail courier find his lost mail. that is the type of quest you mention above. 

two other quests in mind are finding dribbles the clown and solving the murder in the church. unless somehow they will tie into the main quest that i cant comprehend yet, they felt like filler in a game that absolutely didnt need, nor has it had any up this point. 

11 hours ago, atom631 said:

in act 3 i had to help the mail courier find his lost mail. that is the type of quest you mention above. 

I’ll guess that you didn’t open the mail or have Gale in your party when you found it :p (Also, worth noting it’s a single bag of mail, not a bunch of letters scattered about the map)

11 hours ago, atom631 said:

two other quests in mind are finding dribbles the clown and solving the murder in the church. unless somehow they will tie into the main quest

They do. :p