Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) OT - Going Dark

so as I mentioned, I’m not a huge BR fan....but I actually really enjoyed the 4ish matches I played tonight. 

my very first match I was paired with 2 other dudes that communicated and it was really fun. Like some of the most fun I’ve had in this game in 200+ hrs. Literally no one communicates in the core game. I managed to get 4 kills before we got lit up.

then the next few matches, zero communication. Wonky drop zones that the leader kept changing. I think literally almost all the other matches was 2 people in a party. They managed to stick together and I spent most of the time fighting to try to get to them..and they kept moving away.  So I basically played solo and still had a good time. Picked up a bounty contract and managed to take out the target. 

I think the unique touches like contracts, killstreaks and the gulag really make it stand out. I like how it’s minimal inventory management and you can regen health. I also really like that with the armor, the TTK makes for some good gunfights. The core game sorely lacks this. It comes down to who saw who first and who has the lower ping. 

overall, I can see me spending a good amount of time in this mode. The game feel fresh again. I just wish i would’ve messaged those first 2 dudes and friended them. 😕

Played 7 games last night, and won 1.  

Lots to like, but definitely hope they tweak some things.

1- I feel the audio mix is terrible.  Gunshots all sound like they are happening directly besides you, even if they are a good distance away.  Everything was so damn loud that it makes hearing footsteps very difficult.  I am going to change my sound settings though as the one I had selected might have contributed to this being worse than it should be.

2 - Being able to buy your Loadouts for $6,000 is too cheap.  Currently you can basically fully kit your team in a few minutes.   Everyone basically selects high powered, huge scoped Snipers, so the game then just turns into fully kitted teams chilling on height sniping at everyone else.  End game is largely just everyone sniping at each other.  I think they nee to up the price big time , and then also make it so it only provides one player a load out, not the entire team.  

3 - For stat tracking purposes, I hate how it gives the person killing a knocked player the kill.  PUBG had a good system, where if you kill a teammates knock, your teammate gets the kill.  If you steal another teams knock, you get the kill. 

Those are the 3 big ones that clearly stood out to me.  Otherwise its a ton of fun, and look forward to putting more time into it.

3 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Played the BR practice mode just to see how it is.. I don't generally care for BR. I found me a nice semi-auto rifle with iron sights and went on a 13-kill streak and won the round.

I'm good until the next one comes out lol.

You mean the practice mode where you fight against NPCs?  Lol

I gave warzone a try since it's free.  It's basically an Apex legends rip off.  I do like it due to the low ttk.  It doesn't make it impossible to be in a gun fight against a larger team and have frequently won 2v1 engagements.

16 hours ago, eggydoo said:

You mean the practice mode where you fight against NPCs?  Lol

I gave warzone a try since it's free.  It's basically an Apex legends rip off.  I do like it due to the low ttk.  It doesn't make it impossible to be in a gun fight against a larger team and have frequently won 2v1 engagements.

I think they were real people... if not they behaved pretty realistically. I think it was basically "unranked" mode.

3 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I think they were real people... if not they behaved pretty realistically. I think it was basically "unranked" mode.

Did you get a weapon blueprint for doing it, not have teammates, and the victory movie not list an in-memoriam of other players, because if so that's with bots. 

3 minutes ago, Brick said:

Did you get a weapon blueprint for doing it, not have teammates, and the victory movie not list an in-memoriam of other players, because if so that's with bots. 

Hmm.. I didn't have any teammates, I thought it was classic BR. Maybe they were bots. Oh well. I fuckin' owned 'em anyway. Stupid bots.

23 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Played the BR practice mode just to see how it is.. I don't generally care for BR. I found me a nice semi-auto rifle with iron sights and went on a 13-kill streak and won the round.

I'm good until the next one comes out lol.

They were bots bud. But it was still fun to play. 

On 3/12/2020 at 11:00 AM, JPDunks4 said:

Played 7 games last night, and won 1.  

Lots to like, but definitely hope they tweak some things.

1- I feel the audio mix is terrible.  Gunshots all sound like they are happening directly besides you, even if they are a good distance away.  Everything was so damn loud that it makes hearing footsteps very difficult.  I am going to change my sound settings though as the one I had selected might have contributed to this being worse than it should be.

2 - Being able to buy your Loadouts for $6,000 is too cheap.  Currently you can basically fully kit your team in a few minutes.   Everyone basically selects high powered, huge scoped Snipers, so the game then just turns into fully kitted teams chilling on height sniping at everyone else.  End game is largely just everyone sniping at each other.  I think they nee to up the price big time , and then also make it so it only provides one player a load out, not the entire team.  

3 - For stat tracking purposes, I hate how it gives the person killing a knocked player the kill.  PUBG had a good system, where if you kill a teammates knock, your teammate gets the kill.  If you steal another teams knock, you get the kill. 

Those are the 3 big ones that clearly stood out to me.  Otherwise its a ton of fun, and look forward to putting more time into it.

1. The audio mix in the main game is just terrible overall and it’s the same in warzone. 

2. agree 100%. High level players are fully geared within 2-3 minutes of the start of the match. All your ideas make sense and i would even like to add that either the option to buy the load out is greyed out until there’s only X amount of players left (maybe 25?) or you can only do it once per team per match. 

3. they confirmed in the next update (which will be soon) this is going to be fixed. 

I actually played a few matches yesterday. I finally convinced my buddy to download it and i was showing him the ropes. we teamed up with a rando....and we actually did really good! Had my best match yet - we took 2nd. It was just me left in the final circle and it was 1v3. I downed one and was about to down a 2nd and ran out of bullets..lol. I ran out and tried to throw my c4 at them and it fucking came up short! another 10' and it would've gotten them all. I think I ended with like 10 kills too. it's so much better playing with people who communicate and formulate a plan. 

also - what is everyone's loadout for warzone? I've been switching around and I find the SCAR with some recoil and ADS attachments is pretty good. For some reason, Im finding the M4 to not perform as well as in the core game - even though everyone seems to be running it. 

I do know that having a silencer and extended mag is key for this game.  

My loadout is pretty meta  

Main loadout: 

Primary: HDR with mono suppressor, longest barrel, tac laser, thermal scope, stock with ADS

Secondary - 357 - (I take this loadout if i downed someone or found a good AR/SMG. then just swap the pistol with the long gun - this allows me to run ghost as my 2nd perk)

Heartbeat sensor

proximity mine

Perks: cold blooded, ghost, amped

alternate loadout (if i didn't find a good primary to use)

Primary: alternating between M4,Scar, P90, Grau - cant figure out what gun works best - all with as many recoil attachments, supressor and extended mag

Secondary - AX50 - mono suppressor, long barrel, tac laser, ADS stock, fully loaded

heartbeat sensor

proximity mine

perks: cold blooded, overkill, amped

The AUG with the 5.56 conversion rounds is actually one of the best guns for Warzone because it deals insane DPS. 

I had a weird issue last night though that I want to chalk up to server lag because I was at full health with three armour plates, and yet someone killed me in a quarter of a second with an MP5. That doesn't seem right. I had to time to react. 

1 hour ago, Brick said:

The AUG with the 5.56 conversion rounds is actually one of the best guns for Warzone because it deals insane DPS. 

I had a weird issue last night though that I want to chalk up to server lag because I was at full health with three armour plates, and yet someone killed me in a quarter of a second with an MP5. That doesn't seem right. I had to time to react. 

I love the aug, so ill have to give it a shot