Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) OT - Going Dark

CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE POST-LAUNCH APPROACH TO NEW CONTENT

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is almost here. From the moment this project began three years ago, the energy has been extraordinary. 

We’ve set our sights on not only creating the best game possible this year, but also on breaking down walls and bringing the community together. Starting with Modern Warfare, we will be:

·      Introducing crossplay to unite the community across platforms for the first time.

·      Removing Season Pass and a la carte DLC multiplayer map packs to ensure everyone can play together.

·      Delivering free post-launch multiplayer maps and modes for all players.

·      Releasing post-launch multiplayer maps and modes simultaneously on all platforms.

We are excited about what these changes will bring to Call of Duty players. That said, we also recognize there is one more topic that many fans are interested to learn more about.

Today, let’s address the basics for the in-game economy coming in Modern Warfare.

·      We are introducing a new Battle Pass system, not a loot box system.

·      All functional content that has an impact on game balance, such as base weapons and attachments, can be unlocked simply by playing the game.

·      The new Battle Pass system will allow players to see the content that they are earning or buying.  Battle Passes will launch timed to new, post-launch live seasons, so you can unlock cool new Modern Warfare-themed content that matches each season.

·      With the new Battle Pass system, players will be able to earn COD Points by playing the game. 

·      There will be both a Free Stream and a Premium Stream of content in the Battle Pass System in Modern Warfare. New base weapons will be earned through gameplay, simply by playing Modern Warfare. Functional attachments for base weapons can be unlocked through gameplay as well just like in the game’s Beta.

·      The Battle Pass and the In-Game Store will feature a variety of cosmetic content that does not impact game balance.

3 minutes ago, nublood said:

Game comes out tomorrow and reviews are like a ghost town. They must really have those embargos on lockdown. lol

never a good sign...but it could be due to the controversy of the campaign. they probably dont want the negative press and pre-order cancellations

Spoiler

this might be common knowledge by now - but apparently you play as a child and kill soliders at one point. there is also a section where white phosphorous is used. another section where kids are getting killed. 

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

where are the reviews? curious how good the campaign is. 

Online multiplayer is all you need bruh. Nobody buys COD for the stellar campaign 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie

You need to shut the fuck up and send those panties 

3 minutes ago, Rbk_3 said:

People still read game reviews? 

I am pumped for tonight. 

This ^

Game Information

Game Title: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 

Platforms:

• PlayStation 4 (Oct 25, 2019)
  • Xbox One (Oct 25, 2019)
  • PC (Oct 25, 2019)

Developers: Infinity Ward, Beenox

Publisher: Activision

Review Aggregator

OpenCritic - 84 average - 100% recommended

Critic Reviews

Digital Chumps - 9.2 / 10

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare puts the franchise back where it needs to be. You get a wonderful campaign, team-oriented spec ops, and a variety of multiplayer options that cater to those who love large and small scale warfare.

Everyeye.it - Italian - 9 / 10

After many hours spent on game servers, and net of a Netcode that will have to be refined over the months, we can say with certainty that the competitive online Call of Duty Modern Warfare does not it is only the backbone of the entire production, but also one of the most complete multiplayer experiences of recent times.

Hardcore Gamer - 4.5 / 5

The classic Call of Duty: Modern Warfare trilogy remains one of the best trilogies in gaming history.

Hobby Consolas - Spanish - 90 / 100

Modern Warfare is one of the best war FPS of this generation thanks to a thrilling (yet controversial) campaign, great multiplayer in both coop and competitive modes, and a new game engine.

PlayStation LifeStyle - 9 / 10

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare sets a benchmark for the future of games.

Game Informer - 8.8 / 10

Leveling up guns is ridiculously fun, and the breadth of modes keeps this experience from feeling repetitive. This is a game you can sink tons of time into

AusGamers - 8.5 / 10

For Modern Warfare though, it feels a bit more grounded in reality, seemingly having drawn inspiration from films like <b>Sicario</b>, <b>The Hurt Locker</b>, <b>American Sniper</b>, and <b>Zero Dark Thirty</b>.

COGconnected - 82 / 100

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare does everything fans of the franchise could ever want.

Daily Dot - 4 / 5 stars

I never quite expected to like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare as much as I did, but here we are with a game that can mostly stand on its own merits.

Daily Star - 4 / 5 stars

Call of Duty Modern Warfare is a tight shooter that hits most of the parts you expect from a AAA shooter, but some of its obsessions leave a bitter taste in the mouth.

Gameblog - French - 8 / 10

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is not just a reboot. The solo game is great, his multiplayer mode, with Gunfight, solid and efficient. The game lacks a bit of depth (more hours for the campaign in particular) to constitute the perfect picture. But not to the point of not being an indispensable part of your collection for this end of the year.

GamesRadar+ - 4 / 5 stars

Modern Warfare is fast and frenetic, setting a new benchmark for fidelity and high-pressure FPS action

PC Gamer - 80 / 100

Modern Warfare evolves the series for the better, but it could be so much more.

PCGamesN - 8 / 10

While not every multiplayer addition is as good as it could be, Modern Warfare's campaign sets a new gold standard for the series that will be hard for sequels to match.Jordan Forward

Windows Central - 4 / 5 stars

Modern Warfare is an excellent addition to the Call of Duty franchise. The story felt like a serialized TV show, and most of the multiplayer action is fun. There are few places where the game falls, but not enough for me not to recommend it.

GameSpot - 7 / 10

2019's Modern Warfare both draws from the original and lays a good foundation for the rest of the series, despite some thematic issues and co-op pitfalls.

GamingTrend - Unscored

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare hearkens back to the series roots, once again putting gritty themes and realism on the forefront.

4 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I might pick it up. I hate that i want a CoD, especially after that exclusivity bs but i've been wanting a solid mp game after passing on BFV.

I just fear that i'll be over it after a month.

My current hesitation. 

18 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I might pick it up. I hate that i want a CoD, especially after that exclusivity bs but i've been wanting a solid mp game after passing on BFV.

I think the cross-play will help. Max was playing it last night on the PC vs console people.

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

My current hesitation. 

Treat Yo Self 👍🏻

So the large scale BF-ish mode isn’t available yet? I can’t find it anywhere and bought it just to play that mode. 

I did play a bunch of games via quick play. I just don’t understand the love for this MP. I think I play every COD and say the same thing, but I still do it. It’s so campy. It literally comes down to who saw who first bc the guns all have good range and very low recoil. And the absolutely ridiculous TTK makes it just a quick tap and it’s over. Doesn’t even really give the other player a chance to react. IMO it completely lowers the skill ceiling bc there are no gunfights. Because of that, the games devolve into people camping in a corner listening for footsteps. Then add the gimmicky kill streak perks and now you’re getting spotted or killed by things you can even really deal with. Little maps, no descruction, no vehicles. I dunno. I’ll take Buggy as fuck BFV over this anyway. 

however, it is beautiful and the Progression and gun upgrade/mod mechanic alone will keep me playing. They did nail that. Overall though, my biggest takeaway is that I hope DICE learns from this and goes back to a modern setting a la BF4. Or just give me a remastered BF4 and I’ll be happy. 

I plan to fire up the campaign over the weekend. 

55 minutes ago, atom631 said:

So the large scale BF-ish mode isn’t available yet? I can’t find it anywhere and bought it just to play that mode. 

I did play a bunch of games via quick play. I just don’t understand the love for this MP. I think I play every COD and say the same thing, but I still do it. It’s so campy. It literally comes down to who saw who first bc the guns all have good range and very low recoil. And the absolutely ridiculous TTK makes it just a quick tap and it’s over. Doesn’t even really give the other player a chance to react. IMO it completely lowers the skill ceiling bc there are no gunfights. Because of that, the games devolve into people camping in a corner listening for footsteps. Then add the gimmicky kill streak perks and now you’re getting spotted or killed by things you can even really deal with. Little maps, no descruction, no vehicles. I dunno. I’ll take Buggy as fuck BFV over this anyway. 

however, it is beautiful and the Progression and gun upgrade/mod mechanic alone will keep me playing. They did nail that. Overall though, my biggest takeaway is that I hope DICE learns from this and goes back to a modern setting a la BF4. Or just give me a remastered BF4 and I’ll be happy. 

I plan to fire up the campaign over the weekend. 

Sigh... why'd you have to go and mention Battlefield 4? I'm sad now. :(

3 hours ago, HGLatinBoy said:

Yeah I'm only interested in the campaign. I really want to get this but my computer ran the beta at 40ish FPS AND the newest Nvidia Drivers have not been good for my PC with random restarts. 

I'll wait I guess until @Mr.Vic20 sends me his RTX 2080ti when he's done with it

Nvidia has to actually make a new card so there is a path forward! 2019 has been terrible for PC hardware Progress on the high end. Come on 2020! 

34 minutes ago, HGLatinBoy said:

i just realized i meant 3080ti from our previous conversation :p and you're right its been too long this year you should've been eyeballing a 3080 by now it also means i wait another 2-3 years :(

Hang in there man, I'm guessing we'll see a new GPU around the launch of Cyberpunk 2077.

so ground war released last night. And it’s just a terrible take on BF. In a complete reverse of the other modes, you can’t even hear footsteps at all. This mode is literally people camping in doorways and rooftop or prone in shadows and just waiting for someone to run by. there is zero way to play aggressive in this game with the TTK as fast as it is and the camping. 

and I can’t figure out the sniping at all. I know there is bullet drop, but it doesn’t make sense bc I have several people dead to rights with a headshot and it didn’t even register as a body shot. Then I get insta killed by the dude using an M4 and iron sights from over 150m :lol:

seriously this is trash. I’m happy to hear the campaign is decent. I’ll play through that and be done with this. 

24 minutes ago, atom631 said:

so ground war released last night. And it’s just a terrible take on BF. In a complete reverse of the other modes, you can’t even hear footsteps at all. This mode is literally people camping in doorways and rooftop or prone in shadows and just waiting for someone to run by. there is zero way to play aggressive in this game with the TTK as fast as it is and the camping. 

and I can’t figure out the sniping at all. I know there is bullet drop, but it doesn’t make sense bc I have several people dead to rights with a headshot and it didn’t even register as a body shot. Then I get insta killed by the dude using an M4 and iron sights from over 150m :lol:

seriously this is trash. I’m happy to hear the campaign is decent. I’ll play through that and be done with this. 

Being a long time BF player, i hated Ground War when I tried it.  It seems to primarily be for people that like racking up kill streaks sniping.  If you like close combat aggressive gameplay, it's horrid.  

It's just non stop kill streaks, vehicle spam, ect.  Nothing feels tactical at all.  

That being said, I love the regular MP so far.  I have it on both PC and Xbox.  Went on a nice 10 game win streak last night, it's been fun.  I like the unlocks for guns, lots of ways to tweak your builds.  Looking forward to spending more time with it.

22 minutes ago, atom631 said:

I ve been in your shoes. Your in stage 2 or 3 of the Kubler - Ross model. The Battlefield series is dead and nothing can replace it. We can get thru this together.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1