Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) OT - Going Dark

12 minutes ago, Brick said:

So you can get a team nuke in Ground War if your team holds all five flags for 30 seconds. Interesting. That will hopefully get more people to capture flags so they don't get mercy nuked lol. 

I really wanted to love ground war but I hate it. The sound is obnoxious. They tried to outdo BF and they over did it. And it’s a complete reversal from all the other modes where you’re literally listening for footsteps and it’s pretty quiet. 

im finding TDM, Domination and HQ to be fun with crossplay off. 

I haven't noticed too much with the matchmaking.  Not too many blowouts, but a few.

Also, tried hardcore last night with some pretty good success. The tension was higher and I was definitely on my toes more.  The normal mode is nowhere near hardcore and hardcore feels like hardcore.

The best thing they did for this mode was get rid of those ridiculous cycle respawns.  It would be a 15 second timer and when you died, you might respawn in 4 seconds or 14.  Hated that shit.  Now it's just the same as the normal mode with instant respawns.

Call of Claymore: Modern Campfare

The biggest complaint, even from some of the big COD shills, is that you can't run and gun, you can't rush. Unless you're playing against morons, which is rare with it's skill based matchmaking, the maps are so badly designed that you have to camp and treat every match like a sweaty esport tournament.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

Call of Claymore: Modern Campfare

The biggest complaint, even from some of the big COD shills, is that you can't run and gun, you can't rush. Unless you're playing against morons, which is rare with it's skill based matchmaking, the maps are so badly designed that you have to camp and treat every match like a sweaty esport tournament.

Yup. It’s slow and frustrating which in turn makes it boring. 

Such a shame bc the guns, customization, graphics and sound (sans footsteps and callouts) are all amazing. 

• Haha 1

COD in years past has been run & gun non-stop wall riding and sliding. People cried and complained. 

COD this year is realistic with slower game pace and bullets that kill you like well, bullets. 🤷‍♀️

People crying and complaining. 

GIT GUD. 

Pro Tip: this might not be your type of franchise. 

• Guillotine 2

I'm REALLY ready for the next consoles to come out. PS4 is pissing me off with its update process. They always download fast but then it will say "copying" for like 20min. In this case though it says I cant update the game because I'm low on storage. I have 96GB free and the Modern Warfare update is like 2.4GB.  I checked the size of Modern Warfare and it's 119GB so I guess I have to have that much space free to install an update?

8 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I'm REALLY ready for the next consoles to come out. PS4 is pissing me off with its update process. They always download fast but then it will say "copying" for like 20min. In this case though it says I cant update the game because I'm low on storage. I have 96GB free and the Modern Warfare update is like 2.4GB.  I checked the size of Modern Warfare and it's 119GB so I guess I have to have that much space free to install an update?

Yes. it's always been like that for PS4. 

Yeah anyone whose complaining you can’t just sprint around the map can GTFO. There’s plenty of shooters where you just run around till you find someone then jump up and down in circles like an idiot. This brings COD back to the way it used to be. And the complaining about camping is so overblown. Watch the damn kill cam. If the dude goes back into his corner then go find him and kill him. 

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

This is exactly how you discourage people from camping. ^^^^

I mean you don't even need to have a kill cam to know when someone is camping. If you keep running into the same room and dying to the same person thats on you at that point.

9 hours ago, Hurricane Game said:

I  love the slower pace mostly because I love games like rainbow 6, socom, battlefield. The camping doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Clearly you haven’t played much battlefield recently. There’s going to be camping in every shooter sure, but this is nothing like recent battlefields. As for the OG pc-only games , i can’t speak for them. 

7 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Yeah anyone whose complaining you can’t just sprint around the map can GTFO. There’s plenty of shooters where you just run around till you find someone then jump up and down in circles like an idiot. This brings COD back to the way it used to be. And the complaining about camping is so overblown. Watch the damn kill cam. If the dude goes back into his corner then go find him and kill him. 

I’m not a huge COD player, but IMO the pinnacle of the franchise was MW1-3. And this is NOTHING like that. There is a difference between that stupidity of jumping around and trying to shotgun each other (fortnite) and offering an ability to play aggressively and be rewarded for it. This game does NONE of it. 

6 hours ago, Biggie said:

This is exactly how you discourage people from camping. ^^^^

absolute nonsense. When the entire fucking team and your own teammates are sitting in a single-entry room with a claymore covering the door...that does nothing for you. 

this game isn’t tactical. This game isn’t strategic. Theres nothing rewarding about the gameplay. This game caters to people sitting in a room and waiting for someone to peek/walk/run by and with the instant TTK it just gives shitty players the ability to get kills. 

13 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Clearly you haven’t played much battlefield recently. There’s going to be camping in every shooter sure, but this is nothing like recent battlefields. As for the OG pc-only games , i can’t speak for them. 

I’m not a huge COD player, but IMO the pinnacle of the franchise was MW1-3. And this is NOTHING like that. There is a difference between that stupidity of jumping around and trying to shotgun each other (fortnite) and offering an ability to play aggressively and be rewarded for it. This game does NONE of it. 

absolute nonsense. When the entire fucking team and your own teammates are sitting in a single-entry room with a claymore covering the door...that does nothing for you. 

this game isn’t tactical. This game isn’t strategic. Theres nothing rewarding about the gameplay. This game caters to people sitting in a room and waiting for someone to peek/walk/run by and with the instant TTK it just gives shitty players the ability to get kills. 

I finish top 3 most games and I don’t play like that 🤷‍♀️

If you don’t believe me go check D1P discord. I’ve got some games posted there. 

Also I don’t like Battlefield. I’m sure it’s a great game but I completely suck at it therefore I stopped playing it. Might be what needs to happen with you and CoD. 

4 hours ago, atom631 said:

I’ve experienced none of this. What aggressive play was rewarded in MW 1/2? Unless you’re referring to those assholes who ran around knifing everyone?

Campaign spoilers

Spoiler

There is a theory going around that "Alex" will be the new Ghost. At first I didn't quite believe it, but the more I think about it, maybe. Basically he faked his death at the end of the game (you never see him die) so that he'd be free from the CIA without getting charged for going AWOL, changed his name to Simon Riley, and keeps his identity a secret by always wearing a mask (possibly because he also got burned). I'm not sure I completely buy into this theory, but might be an interesting option if this is how they reimagine Ghost. They could just cast Chad Michael Collins (voice actor for "Alex") to voice Ghost, and then never explain it to have some fun, similar to how Craig Fairbrass voiced Gaz and then Ghost in the originals. There are parts of this theory that seem like stretching, like how "Alex" telling the joke about the CIA going to sleep his a hint, because he's going under cover later. No, it's just a shitty joke, and him not realizing that he told it in English is not a hint because the original Ghost was English, and maybe "Alex" will put on a fake English accent, it's just him getting his languages mixed up because he probably knows a bunch and uses English and Arabic interchangeably with Farah. Plus I'm not sure how Laswell wouldn't find out about him. Sure maybe Simon Riley never keeps a picture of himself on file, but surely if this guy is in the military he had to show his face at some point, and someone would have recognized him as a CIA operative, yes? 

The developers did say that they made the multiplayer for noobs. They said in an interview that the short TTK is to help new players feel like they have a chance and that the maps were designed so that players could feel safe and can take their time.

Safe spaces for noobs: The Game. 

I can understand why COD players don't like Battlefield.

5 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

The developers did say that they made the multiplayer for noobs. They said in an interview that the short TTK is to help new players feel like they have a chance and that the maps were designed so that players could feel safe and can take their time.

Safe spaces for noobs: The Game. 

I can understand why COD players don't like Battlefield.

If this is true then why do all of you suck at playing online? :lol:

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

If this is true then why do all of you suck at playing online? :lol:

who sucks? from what i can tell, im about average (and I maybe play 1-2 matches a day at this point at least until its fixed).  seems most 2-3K/D  players are hovering around 1KD, which is right where Im at. Ive had some top 3 matches and ive been at the bottom a lot (SBMM blows).  I just refuse to conform to a specific play style in order to "win". All play styles should be viable. 

I complain a lot about Battlefield V too, but Im still playing it (new maps are amazing BTW ). You can be critical about a games design while still being interested in it and wanting to enjoy it...and ultimately wanting it to be better. 

Dr. Disrespect sums up the feelings of the majority of the community.

Biggest issues with the game are the claymores and op Shotguns.  I have always hated Claymores in these games.  I've always refused to use them.  It feels like at this point, everyone playing has said, if u cant beat em, join em, and now everyone is using claymores.  Needs to be a timer on them where you don't automatically spawn with one, and it needs to recharge or something.  

I don't hate the maps, but def dont love them either.  It's also a game that is far more fun with friends where you can communicate and make call outs.  Playing solo is meh.

19 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Biggest issues with the game are the claymores and op Shotguns.  I have always hated Claymores in these games.  I've always refused to use them.  It feels like at this point, everyone playing has said, if u cant beat em, join em, and now everyone is using claymores.  Needs to be a timer on them where you don't automatically spawn with one, and it needs to recharge or something.  

I don't hate the maps, but def dont love them either.  It's also a game that is far more fun with friends where you can communicate and make call outs.  Playing solo is meh.

The meta is the following: 

perks: overkill, ghost, amped

field skill: dead silence

Guns: M4 (w/ only attachments that increase ADS)  and 725 (w/ whatever, doesnt matter)

2 claymores

1 stun or flash

this is a huge problem. there is no balance. the loud footsteps, callouts and really fast TTK arent helping either. 

Just now, ALIEN-gunner said:

What's really bizarre is that when you set a claymore your character says "dropping a claymore" loud enough that enemy players can hear you say it to help them find you.

not just claymores - literally anything you say can be heard. 

contact, enemy at the cave entrance, reloading, throwing frag.... its all audible by the enemy. its completely insane. 

1 minute ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

Game really is a noob hand holding experience.

it has a lot of potential to be great though. the ranking up and leveling the guns is great. the graphics and animation is great. movement feels pretty good. the sound outside of the footsteps and callouts is great. 

they just need to nerf the M4 and 725. nerf claymores. tone down the footsteps and stop the callouts from being heard by the enemies. they also need to balance a few maps where every game leads to spawntrapping (picadilly and that village map with the haystacks). 

and get rid of SBMM and make it by ping. 

• Like 1

Definitely an improvement. 

the 725 is still OP. But  I’m seeing a lot more variants in guns being used. No more 90% M4. I’m really liking the kilo. 

the faster movement feels good too. 

just get rid of SBMM and this game will be doing great. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

What's the issue with sbmm?

SBMM prioritizes your skill over ping when MM. it always pits you with people 1 level ahead of your ability so you rarely get a chance to perform really well. 

add to it the fast TTK and the fact it wiill put you in matches with high ping, it makes doing well even harder. 

most PVP games MM based on ping, and there is a separate competitive mode that MM based on skill.