Alabama Senate passes nation’s most restrictive abortion ban, which makes no exceptions for victims of rape and incest

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

They do realize that supporting abortions in the event of rape or incest doesn’t make abortions mandatory for every pregnancy as a result of rape or incest, right? It’s a choice. Not a one size fits all solution. 

What she's saying is that the emotional support people around her wanted her to get an abortion. Instead of pushing one way or the other how about just helping her in her time of need? Pressuring her into getting the abortion isn't the answer.

3 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

What she's saying is that the emotional support people around her wanted her to get an abortion. Instead of pushing one way or the other how about just helping her in her time of need? Pressuring her into getting the abortion isn't the answer.

She shouldn’t be pressured, but that doesn’t mean she shouldn’t have the option either. If she’s getting pressured to have an abortion by her “emotional support people” then they are failing her. They should be there for her with what ever her decision is. Supporting her without judgment or ulterior motives.  

It’s not her place to decide how anyone else should cope or heal after such an incident either. 

8 hours ago, Man of Culture said:

That's why it's important to be selective in the US and only marry a waifu with a steady corporate job that endows her (or him) with great family health benefits. Outside of that, getting good health coverage is more difficult than it should be. I'm lucky that the group plan my wife is on is not only really good, but exceptionally cheap as well. I get to hear insurance horror stories all the time from my family members who have to find and pay for their own insurance. Absolute nightmare.

We get health, vision and dental along with a health savings account ($6,900) and a $1,000 deductible for $600 per month.

My father spends nearly triple that just for health and dental. He doesn't have a an HSA or Vision and he has a $5,000 deductible. Pays nearly $2,500 a month.....

This is why I support universal healthcare. Yeah taxes will have to go up, but I already spend about $600 a month as well on my health insurance to have a $3000 deductible. Shit due to economies of scale im sure I’d pay less in a healthcare tax than I do to have private insurance I still can’t even afford to actually use.