Epic Games acquires Psyonix (Rocket League)

Epic buys Rocket League developer Psyonix, will stop selling the game on Steam

“The PC version of Rocket League will come to the Epic Games store in late 2019. In the meantime, it will continue to be available for purchase on Steam; thereafter it will continue to be supported on Steam for all existing purchasers,” reads a press release issued to media at the time of deal’s announcement.

20 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Game is getting review bombed pretty hard.

1247 negative reviews just today!

Games been out what, 4/5 years.... 

As much as people complain about the Gaming Media, some gamers themselves are just as idiotic.

And they were bought out by Epic right?  Not just a store exclusivity deal?  Did all the studios Microsoft recently bought up get review bombed?  

I continue to find the Epic hate puzzling and silly. I also don't see how this is a particularly valuable acquisition. I feel like Rocket League is an evergreen niche title. It doesn't really need a sequel as much as it just needs to keep adding little things to keep the existing audience. After so many years I doubt it's growing much.

I assume a sequel is inevitable, or Psyonix just has another game coming, otherwise it doesn't seem like Epic is buying much here.