Looking for a new game to start burying myself in

brucoe

I mostly play pc games, although I do have an Xbox One S (which I never play anything because I've just never got used to the controller...yeah, I know lots of people like it. Just never got used to it).

I've been playing Star Trek Online, Eve Online, and I tried Elite: Dangerous, but just never got that far into it.

Basically, I have a brand new computer with everything top of the line and really want to start exploring some top of the line graphics games that people really enjoy and recommend.

Been trying to play the Division 2, but man that game is horribly keyboard mapped. "Jump over the barrier!" Um, my fingers aren't even closely designed to stretch that far or anywhere near naturally like that. Yeah, I can remap, but wow, it's like every keyboard option is horribly AND randomly designed.

Friendly reminder: Vanquish and Bayonneta are on PC now

Also, if you happen to be looking forward to the next Vampire TM: Bloodlines, the original game is very janky but can be modded to be playable enough, Vampyr is a nice little story-driven Vampire RPG, and I recently learned that it takes very little effort to get Blood Omen 2 running perfectly on Steam.  All of these games are pretty immersive and have tons of atmosphere.

If you haven't played Cuphead yet, april 18th is the perfect day to start since there will be a massive update that adds new features including playable mugman for single-player, improvements and tweaks and fully animated cutscenes!

18 hours ago, brucoe said:

Been trying to play the Division 2, but man that game is horribly keyboard mapped. "Jump over the barrier!" Um, my fingers aren't even closely designed to stretch that far or anywhere near naturally like that. Yeah, I can remap, but wow, it's like every keyboard option is horribly AND randomly designed.

Controller?

4 hours ago, Hurdyb1 said:

I don't know if it's on PC but I'm assuming it is but I've been playing Mass Effect Andromeda non stop for some weeks now. I've been loving just getting lost in that world of that game.

It is. EA has this thing called Origin that has all EA games on it. Well except for Madden, which is coming next year supposedly. :p

15 hours ago, Hurdyb1 said:

I don't know if it's on PC but I'm assuming it is but I've been playing Mass Effect Andromeda non stop for some weeks now. I've been loving just getting lost in that world of that game.

I can't buy anything on EA because they screwed up my account back when I was playing Star Wars The Old Republic. When I stopped playing, someone broke into the EA servers, compromised a bunch of accounts, and no matter what I do, i can't get them to fix my account. I've been trying for years, and while I can access my account to play what I already own, unless I buy something through a game card, I can't add anything to my account. I've pretty much vowed to never buy anything from EA again.

11 minutes ago, brucoe said:

I can't buy anything on EA because they screwed up my account back when I was playing Star Wars The Old Republic. When I stopped playing, someone broke into the EA servers, compromised a bunch of accounts, and no matter what I do, i can't get them to fix my account. I've been trying for years, and while I can access my account to play what I already own, unless I buy something through a game card, I can't add anything to my account. I've pretty much vowed to never buy anything from EA again.

Origin account and a TOR account are separate things though. I know because my TOR account is CreamyChicken or something like that. :p

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Origin account and a TOR account are separate things though. I know because my TOR account is CreamyChicken or something like that. :p

They combined them a while back when it comes to charging for them. On the surface, it doesn't look that way, but when I was trying to get my TOR account fixed, the only way to do it was to go through EA's Origin, which is where the whole thing was forked. The customer service people keep apologizing but say there's nothing they can do because Origin actually controls the financial side of TOR. The TOR people were really as helpful as they could be, but the Origin side of the house just couldn't fix anything but it was literally the only place where anything was authorized to be fixed.

14 hours ago, brucoe said:

Aw damn. Sorry to hear. I always thought that Origin thing was dumb on their part.

20 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Ah, well shitty. Though supposedly they have better customer support than steam.

I had trouble adding a friend on Origin. I wrote them, it wasn't fixed, then one day it was fixed. So maybe it was randomly fixed for you. :p

Tried a bunch of times. Finally just gave up. It's something broken on their end with billing, and each time they say it should be no problem, and then I get a generic response of "Can we help you with anything else" with the problem not addressed.