New Zealand police respond to 'active shooter' situation in Christchurch

8 minutes ago, Bacon said:

No. Anyway, here is something better.

I already said I don't know why it was posted. 

I think I am perhaps too white to rock that fresh jam.

Also I posted Queeblo to break the tension and because "retract my Logans" is an incredible line.

5 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

lol, not reading all of that, but I did skip to the end

The New York Times actually quoted a sensible-sounding ex-Shapiro fan, who said he realized over time that Shapiro was just concerned with convincing other people he was right, rather than actually being right. 

That sounds like someone I know. 

• Haha 1

You’re not a man if you think you’re a man…. As far as the actual psychological issues at play, it used to be called gender identity disorder; now they call it gender dysphoria. The idea that sex or gender is malleable is not true. I’m not denying your humanity if you are a transgender person; I am saying that you are not the sex which you claim to be. f you’re going to dictate to me that I’m supposed to pretend, I’m supposed to pretend that men are women and women are men, no. My answer is no. I’m not going to modify basic biology because it threatens your subjective sense of what you are.”

”The argument made by the left is that this simple story doesn’t account for something important: in the real world, we don’t form our understanding of whether someone is a man or a woman by their chromosomes. Instead, we form it by how they look and act. What people mean when they say that “gender is a social construct” is not that “chromosomes are a social construct” but that in practice, gender isn’t reducible to chromosomes. In the two pictures above, the person on the left is actually a transgender man and the person on the right is actually a transgender woman. It would seem strange to call the person on the left a “woman” and the person on the right a “man,” because the fact that we associate gender with “masculinity” and “femininity” rather than just “chromosomes” means those words don’t seem to fit those people very well.

lmao!!  This is amazing 

7 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

There are significant sections of that article that have absolutely nothing to do with "religious indoctrination" at all.

You’re right, I apologize, I should be a little more clear.  The religious right ideology... 

without this he is not a stupid person. 

2 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

You’re right, I apologize, I should be a little more clear.  The religious right ideology... 

without this he is not a stupid person. 

Again, there are large sections of the article where Shapiro illustrates his "brilliance" that have nothing to do with religion in any form whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Again, there are large sections of the article where Shapiro illustrates his "brilliance" that have nothing to do with religion in any form whatsoever.

Just to be clear, I disagree with most of Shapiros views, but I’m not just going to write him off as someone who lacks intelligence.  

That article is also shit.  Not because he dislikes Shapiro (as I do as well) but rather for examples as I posted prior.  

Shapiro is smart and he plays to his audience, which is part of why he is smart. Nobody will pay $100 a year to listen to somebody wonk it out, but they will pay  for a smarmy blowhard to tel them why they already believe.