New Zealand police respond to 'active shooter' situation in Christchurch

23 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

The video is horrific. Do not watch it. Do not share it. He live-streamed it. On a GoPro. 

I would expect 50+ dead. The 28 year old shooter also posted a manifesto and video blogs online prior to the shooting. 

Yeah. I did not follow this advice. I'd like a do-over please. 

For all the normal things we can say in the wake of these things, the thing I'm most surprised by is in regards to the video. It truly looks like an FPS. Like something out of Call of Duty or something. 

The guy that did it was peppering his actions with edgy attempts at humor too. As he walked in to the mosque, you could hear "The British Grenadiers" in the background. 

This dude was fucking sick. And this same sickness is allowed to gestate and spread in places like 4chan, 8chan (where he did it), twitter, and other places. He shared a bunch of garbage about declining white birth rates all over the world on his twitter...

And this same racist bullshit it being spread by a not insignificant number of world leaders, including our own. 

4 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Yeah. I did not follow this advice. I'd like a do-over please. 

For all the normal things we can say in the wake of these things, the thing I'm most surprised by is in regards to the video. It truly looks like an FPS. Like something out of Call of Duty or something. 

The guy that did it was peppering his actions with edgy attempts at humor too. As he walked in to the mosque, you could hear "The British Grenadiers" in the background. 

This dude was fucking sick. And this same sickness is allowed to gestate and spread in places like 4chan, 8chan (where he did it), twitter, and other places. He shared a bunch of garbage about declining white birth rates all over the world on his twitter...

And this same racist bullshit it being spread by a not insignificant number of world leaders, including our own. 

“You also had some very fine people on both sides”

• Guillotine 1

I saw the video. It wasn't even the shooting that bothered me the most. It was the first 6 or so minutes of him driving to the Mosque, and the brief moment you see his face. He pulls into an alley lot, turns around and parks at the front of the alley. Right before he stops to get out of the vehicle, people start to walk in front of it but stop as they see the killer and his vehicle moving towards them. The killer stops and waves them across, and a person waves back in thanks.

I don't mean to imply that the rest of the video didn't bother me, but I muted after the first shot was heard. It is fucked.

39 minutes ago, CayceG said:

It truly looks like an FPS. Like something out of Call of Duty or something.  

I really don't want to bring video games into it, but yeah. Especially when you look at all the markings on the guns. Shit is like weapon skins.