New Zealand police respond to 'active shooter' situation in Christchurch

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Shapiro is smart and he plays to his audience, which is part of why he is smart. Nobody will pay $100 a year to listen to somebody wonk it out, but they will pay  for a smarmy blowhard to tel them why they already believe.

Exactly! 

To say otherwise is truly ignorant. 

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Reading through this, I'm really not shocked that a certain optical media based user recommended him once or twice

Well, he does meet two significant qualifications for that former "optical media based" user's adoration.

Edit: make that at least three significant qualifications.

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Reading through this, I'm really not shocked that a certain optical media based user recommended him once or twice

What made me laugh is when he yelled at Shapiro on twitter for not being partisan enough :lol:

34 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

It’s been so long I almost forgot he ever posted here.  

I never took him seriously as he was more disingenuous than Ben. 

Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong. Wall of text why you're wrong.

You forgot the part where you ask DVD a specific direct open ended question ("describe in your own words what you think is happening") and then he pivots to talking points about something tangentially related.

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

You forgot the part where you ask DVD a specific direct open ended question ("describe in your own words what you think is happening") and then he pivots to talking points about something tangentially related.

You actually read his walls of text? :lol:

7 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Again, there are large sections of the article where Shapiro illustrates his "brilliance" that have nothing to do with religion in any form whatsoever.

Yup. 

The level of desperation to find a conservative intellectual is always amusing, though.

7 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I consider Thomas Sowell to be the only one worth paying attention to.

I'll check him out some time. I appreciate the Shapiro link. When I got to this part:

I’ll admit that I was not immediately dazzled by the force of Shapiro’s intellect. I started with his controversial recent Berkeley speech. Toward the beginning, he addressed Antifa protesters, whom he called “communist pieces of garbage”: “You guys are so stupid… you can all go to hell, you pathetic, lying, stupid jackasses.” According to the Times, there is a wide gulf between Trump/Yiannopoulos-style vulgar conservatism and Shapiro-style Logical conservatism, but I just am not sure that I see in “Go to hell, you communist piece of garbage” the kind of “polemical brilliance” that Shapiro is reputed to demonstrate. The rest of the speech, when it got beyond making Botox jokes about Nancy Pelosi, was strong on insults (“pusillanimous cowards,” “hard-Left morons,” “uncivilized barbarians”) and light on actual argumentation and substantive factual claims. Shapiro did say that the alt-right are full of “bullshit” and that the left overstates the threat posed by Shapiro’s speeches. (Both true.) The main thrust of the speech, though, is that America is the greatest country in the world, that there are no real injustices facing black people, women, and poor people, and that if you don’t do well economically here it’s entirely your fault. 

I lol'd at "pusillanimous cowards." I remember learing that adjective while studying for the SATs like a true intellectual. :daydream: I always thought pusillanimous meant you were a coward. Shapiro strikes me as the flight attendants George Carlin complained about who say "boarding process."

6 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

Generation Identity?

The identitarian movement or identitarianism is a European and North American far-right and white nationalist movement that originated in France. The identitarians began as a youth movement, with their name derived from the French Nouvelle Droite Génération Identitaire, and the anti-Zionist and National Bolshevik Unité Radicale. Although initially the youth wing of the anti-immigration and nativist Bloc Identitaire, it has taken on its own identity and is largely classified as a separate entity altogether.