Capcom had to chose between Devil May Cry 5 and Dragon's Dogma 2... guess which one they chose

skillzdadirecta

BOO!

Speaking to Hideaki Itsuno, director of most of the Devil May Cry series and Dragon's Dogma, spoke to VG24/7 about how Devil May Cry 5 came to be.

"When the discussion came up for Devil May Cry 5, I went to Kenzo [Tsujimoto, founder of Capcom] and I said I want to make either Devil May Cry 5 or Dragon's Dogma 2 next," Itsuno told the outlet. "He said okay, do whatever you want. Do whichever you want. So I thought, alright, you know what? Let's do DMC5. So we did that."

It was ultimately Itsuno's choice of which of the two games he wanted to do and, judging by Devil May Cry 5, he's really going for it. But it does seem to indicate that Dragon's Dogma is on Itsuno's mind and Capcom is alright with him going forward on a sequel, even if it will be quite a while down the line.

2 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

I'd definitely be down for DD2 ^ he's right, no way were they going to go with it over the DMC franchise. 

2 hours ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

That was an easy choice 

1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

There really is no choice here from a business perspective.

I get all that but I can still...

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Anyone else thinking DMC5 is shaping up to look kinda generic and shitty? I haven't seen all that much from it that has made me excited. Even the music seems bad. 

and, judging by Devil May Cry 5, he's really going for it

This quote doesn't resonate with me at all, but I guess maybe it's just made a bad first impression on me? It seems to lack the soul, charm or style of DmC so far.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That came out??? Any word on how it is?

It came out in 2015 but only in asian markets. No clue how good it is as it is asia only and I haven't bothered looking much up about it since I can't play it. I mean, I could play it but it isn't worth the trouble.