Saints fans sue NFL over call that helped send Rams to Super Bowl

I understand the rage but in this situation, as with most tragedies, you can't unfortunately point to one single event and unravel the tragedy from there. 

Besides, the rule they're trying to sue him under wouldn't cover a missed-but-significant call. That rule is talking more like Senegal vs Poland in last year's World Cup where they let the injured player return to the field while the goalie was out of the box and with nobody between them. THAT was some bullshit.

Just now, GeneticBlueprint said:

I blame the Saints for passing on a clear run-out-the-clock and kick a field goal situation.

Yep. Playing to leave your opponent time to respond is playing to lose. It's the opposite of the reason why first possession wins in NFL OT are such garbage. 

4 hours ago, Anathema- said:

I understand the rage but in this situation, as with most tragedies, you can't unfortunately point to one single event and unravel the tragedy from there. 

Besides, the rule they're trying to sue him under wouldn't cover a missed-but-significant call. That rule is talking more like Senegal vs Poland in last year's World Cup where they let the injured player return to the field while the goalie was out of the box and with nobody between them. THAT was some bullshit.

How is it not a missed but significant call? The play could have scored a touchdown, or at the least put them close to the goal line so they could run the clock *and* have a realistic shot at a touchdown. I think suing is silly but I don’t see how it isn’t a very significant missed call. 

You also need to take into account how blatant the foul was. That was the most obvious PI I’ve ever seen. Dude got clocked. 

30 minutes ago, johnny said:

How is it not a missed but significant call? The play could have scored a touchdown, or at the least put them close to the goal line so they could run the clock *and* have a realistic shot at a touchdown. I think suing is silly but I don’t see how it isn’t a very significant missed call. 

You also need to take into account how blatant the foul was. That was the most obvious PI I’ve ever seen. Dude got clocked. 

It is missed-but-significant but my point was this standard alone wouldn't be enough to obligate Goodell under the rule they want him to enforce. Missing a call, even an obvious one, is technically part of the game.