Halo Infinite Will Feature Four-Player Splitscreen And Reach Inspired Customization System

Pikachu

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-infinite-will-feature-four-player-splitscreen/1100-6464059/?utm_source=reddit.com

During a livestream, 343 Studios announced more details for Halo Infinite, the upcoming sixth mainline entry in Microsoft's first-party series. Based on what was announced, it seems like Halo Infinite is still a long way off.

343 Studios is working on a new engine for Halo Infinite, which could push the game's release date to after 2019. We can expect four-player splitscreen in Halo Infinite as 343 is testing the feature in the new engine right now. During the stream, 343 Studios also announced the armor customization in Infinite will be inspired by the system seen in Reach. Also, players who reach level 152 in Halo 5: Guardians will receive a special reward in Infinite. The studio did not announce what that reward might be.

The stream did reveal a few details for Halo 5 as well. 343 Studios announced the team did not have much left to add to the game in terms of armor and emblem customization. Although it was not explicitly expressed, it was implied that post-launch development on Halo 5 is winding down as more of the team refocuses on Infinite's development. For more of the announcements during the stream, check out Reddit user murwo's post.

343 Studios has teased that Halo Infinite features the coolest design that Master Chief has ever had. The developer hasn't revealed many details about the game other than that. It hasn't even been decided whether Halo Infinite will strive for a Teen rating like Halo 5 or return to the franchise's Mature rating like in the past.

Halo Infinite is currently in development for Xbox One and PC, but it has no definitive release date.

Some more info:

• Back in Black: Black Undersuits will be in the game
  • Flighting Programs (this is one weird-ass name for "Early Access"): These opt-in flights will start small and slowly expand out until release
  • PC: Flighting may come a little bit later for PC players, but we're treating it as a first-class citizen
  • SR 152: Players who hit SR 152 in Halo 5: Guardians will receive a token of appreciation in Halo Infinite
  • Pro Team: We're in the process of starting an internal Pro Team for Halo Infinite

I'll still buy this day 1 because I'm an idiot, but I'm still waiting to hear anything of substance. Like is sprint will be in the game or how it will be balanced this time around, same thing with armor abilities.

If 343i can actually make weapons that don't have ridiculous amounts of bullet magnetism/auto aim. Who is going to be the writer of Halo Infinite.

All of the below is good news, its just small adjustments that I'm not really that overly concerned with. Though I wonder how KBM is going to be handled. If Halo will support it or if the comp scene enforces the use of controllers or if controllers will just have a built in advantage over KBM as what has happened in previous titles (H2V)

10 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Some more info:

• Back in Black: Black Undersuits will be in the game
  • Flighting Programs (this is one weird-ass name for "Early Access"): These opt-in flights will start small and slowly expand out until release 
  • PC: Flighting may come a little bit later for PC players, but we're treating it as a first-class citizen
  • SR 152: Players who hit SR 152 in Halo 5: Guardians will receive a token of appreciation in Halo Infinite
  • Pro Team: We're in the process of starting an internal Pro Team for Halo Infinite