The Newer Dumbass Thread

Stickey

2 minutes ago, kittykat said:

So make your own thread and talk about it there instead of un-deleting mine multiple times. What is actually wrong with you? You can’t respect that a member wants to take their own thread down? That’s fucked up. 

For stupid reasons.  Get over yourself 

Just now, kittykat said:

So make your own thread and talk about it there instead of un-deleting mine multiple times. What is actually wrong with you? You can’t respect that a member wants to take their own thread down? That’s fucked up. 

Any hope of fairness or consistency was lost when the board was sold to him. It's always been known it would be that way. There are benefits to that but this is one of the downsides. People can always just not post here if they don't like it.

58 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Nooooo...it's an inherently subjective fact in my understanding of reality because I simply cannot have an objective fact based on my own perception.

There is a difference between saying "I don't have direct access to objective truth outside myself" and "there is no objective truth." I'm quite confident that both Rev and Boyle agree with the former, as do I. We're all epistemic skeptics.

But you cannot say "no objective truth exists," because you've introduced a logical contradiction by making an assertion.

42 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I’m no kind of philosopher at all, but what Wade is saying seems pretty consistent with what my understanding of solipsism is.

Not really. Rev pointed out a difference, and typically more extreme solipsism is the position that only yourself exists. But that still involves some set of objective truths. Namely: "I exist."

From Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism

Solipsism (/ˈsɒlɪpsɪzəm/ (About this soundlisten); from Latin solus, meaning 'alone', and ipse, meaning 'self')[1] is the philosophical idea that only one's own mind is sure to exist