Top 10 Greatest RPG Characters Of All Time

Another one of my top something list posts :p This is her personal list and I don't agree with it but it's worth discussing.

10. Garrus Vakarian - Mass Effect

9. Ichiban Kasuga - Yakuza Like a Dragon

8. Geralt -The Witcher

7. Kim Kitsuragi -Disco Elysium

6. Morrigan - Dragon Age

5. Cloud - Final Fantasy VII (?!)

4. Kassandra - Assasain's Creed Odyssey

3. Astarion - Baldur's Gate 3

2. Makoto Nijima -Persona 5

1.  Johnny Silverhand - Cyberpunk 2077 (?????!!!)

I get this is her personal list but... man. Also she limited herself to one character per franchise. Even with that, I would not have picked Cloud from FFVII (Sephiroth or Tifa) or ANYONE from Cyberpunk 2077. Maybe my mind will change once I finish Phantom Liberty. I'll have to think about my own list. 

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Can’t take any list seriously that does not have Snake or Link on it. 

I won’t get into the whole Zelda action rpg debate from the 90s but you think do you think portable ops makes Snake count as a dog character or something?!

As far the list Johnny Silverhand was one of the things I actually liked least about CP77 so ehhhh 

5 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Can’t take any list seriously that does not have Snake or Link on it. 

Snake was in an RPG? And I don't know about Link... not much to his character. Great games though.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

As far the list Johnny Silverhand was one of the things I actually liked least about CP77 so ehhhh 

Yeah but was he a number one rpg character of all time?

• Halal 1

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Snake was in an RPG? And I don't know about Link... not much to his character. Great games though.

Yeah but was he a number one rpg character of all time?

Im saying it’s an insane choice because he’s like the worst rpg character in his own game :P

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Im saying it’s an insane choice because he’s like the worst rpg character in his own game :P

Oh i misread your post as he's the one thing you liked MOST :p She claims that he becomes more likeable especially if you played Phantom Liberty, but I haven't played that yet so I don't know. he definitely didn't grow on me in the base game... like at all.

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Oh i misread your post as he's the one thing you liked MOST :p She claims that he becomes more likeable especially if you played Phantom Liberty, but I haven't played that yet so I don't know. he definitely didn't grow on me in the base game... like at all.

I do think he’s a bit more likeable in PL. But I think part of that is just because there is less of him. Songbird, the character they introduce in PL is much better.

• Halal 1

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

I do think he’s a bit more likeable in PL. But I think part of that is just because there is less of him. Songbird, the character they introduce in PL is much better.

Yeah I like Johnny a lot more in PL, particularly at the end of the story he has some growth. But Songbird is the best character in it, flaws and all. I really like the PL ending, at the least the way it played out for my choices.

The line between what constitutes an RPG and what's not an RPG has become so blurred that it's probably no longer a meaningful distinction.

For example, I have a hard time seeing the nu-God of War games as anything other tham RPGs, so Kartos might as well be in the discussion.

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The line between what constitutes an RPG and what's not an RPG has become so blurred that it's probably no longer meaningful.

For example, I have a hard time seeing the nu-God of War games as anything other tham RPGs, so Kartos might as well be in the discussion.

While there is some element of truth to this, MGS ain’t it :P

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

I tried to give The Witcher 3 many chances and I can't for the life of me stand Geralt. His voice goes right through me and his "personality" is God awful. I know that has to do with him being a Witcher but fuck that series. 

39 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The line between what constitutes an RPG and what's not an RPG has become so blurred that it's probably no longer a meaningful distinction.

You're not really playing a "role" in God of War though. You're playing as Kratos and don't really have any say in shaping his character at all.

• True 1

5 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I’d have to think about it (and I will) but I will say Silverhand is way better than he has any right to be. I figured he’d be a minor character but anyone who has played the game knows he’s anything but. 

The one positive I can say about him is that he was pretty damn humorous. 

Fuckin' Shepard is the best character easily. Not that Garrus isn't good, but Shepard is the best.

8. Geralt -The Witcher

6. Morrigan - Dragon Age

Ain't no way this emo ass bitch should ever make a top 10 list

Never played it but I have very strong doubts.

Yeah, he's pretty good.

No.

Hell fuckin no. I hated him. His existance took me out of the game. That character was called Keanu Reeves and never stopped being Keanu. Johnny Silverhand doesn't even exist.

• Haha 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 1

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Fuckin' Shepard is the best character easily. Not that Garrus isn't good, but Shepard is the best.

8. Geralt -The Witcher

6. Morrigan - Dragon Age

Ain't no way this emo ass bitch should ever make a top 10 list

Never played it but I have very strong doubts.

Yeah, he's pretty good.

No.

Hell fuckin no. I hated him. His existance took me out of the game. That character was called Keanu Reeves and never stopped being Keanu. Johnny Silverhand doesn't even exist.

This is extremely accurate 

• True 1

A few that come to mind: 

Yangus from DQ8, a little one note and stereotypical but loved him 

I think Arthur Morgan probably makes any serious list 

I do think Kim kitsurigi is an amazing character and should be recognized 

I love Nick valentine from fallout 4