Kingdom Come: Deliverance II | Coming to Xbox Series, PS5, and PC in 2024

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Kingdom Come: Deliverance II | Coming to Xbox Series, PS5, and PC in 2024

I've tried to get into the first game a few times but it always ends when I get to a chest and I can't for the life of me lockpick anything, so hopefully they make it less shitty this time. 

Is Era already crying about the lack of black people?

Yea, I really hope this is much more user friendly and not as complicated as the first. I appreciated what they were aiming for but ultimately games are meant to be fun and not to be as complicated as real life. 

40 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I've tried to get into the first game a few times but it always ends when I get to a chest and I can't for the life of me lockpick anything, so hopefully they make it less shitty this time. 

Is Era already crying about the lack of black people?

It’s long moved past even criticizing the director (who tbf does seem like a trash person) and is more about attacking other users for talking about the game itself 

• Sicko Sherman 1

Come to think of it, this game is basically first person Dragons Dogma, with a slightly less shitty save system and no fantasy monsters. Hopefully it's less hardcore this time, but I somehow doubt it. 

I bought the first game back when it came out and quite enjoyed it, but it had a lot of bugs at that time and a gamebreaking one unfortunately ended my progress so I got rid of it. The Royal Edition that includes all of the DLC is currently on sale for $4, so I bought it. I’m looking forward to playing this sequel when I get a PS5.

12 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yea, I really hope this is much more user friendly and not as complicated as the first. I appreciated what they were aiming for but ultimately games are meant to be fun and not to be as complicated as real life. 

I wouldn't count on it. According to the video this sounds like a Dragon's Dogma to Dragon's Dogma 2 situation where he says, "This is the game we wanted to make the first time around" the first time was 11 people now the studio is 250 people. Then goes into the in depth mechanics of the game like how people will judge you by your actions and you can build a reputation and get yourself in trouble and at the same time you can play any way you want (combat, theif, sexy man) which is a red flag for people who don't like to think for themselves but want to do what they're told.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I wouldn't count on it. According to the video this sounds like a Dragon's Dogma to Dragon's Dogma 2 situation where he says, "This is the game we wanted to make the first time around" the first time was 11 people now the studio is 250 people. Then goes into the in depth mechanics of the game like how people will judge you by your actions and you can build a reputation and get yourself in trouble and at the same time you can play any way you want (combat, theif, sexy man) which is a red flag for people who don't like to think for themselves but want to do what they're told.

I see. Well I'll wait and see when reviews and user impressions arrive. No big deal. 

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

This is one of those games that sounds great to me on paper, but I will probably fall off of pretty quick if it feels like every small decision or action is being graded or judged. I like to fart around and do stupid shit. I don't want to be punished for having fun.

While it's not morally congruent when I play Skyrim or Fallout or Starfield, I usually play as a good guy helping everyone out, but I also steal everything not bolted down. Saving the worlds got expenses, and daddy needs some new shoes (well gear). Can't be slaying dragons or super mutants with starter weapons.