In new book, former DHS Secretary John Kelly quotes Trump saying "Hitler did some good things."

WWW.CNN.COM

To Donald Trump, Hungarian strongman Viktor Orban is “fantastic”, Chinese leader Xi Jinping is “brilliant”, North Korea’s Kim Jong Un is “an okay guy”, and most alarmingly he allegedly said Adolf Hitler “did some good things,” a worldview that would reverse decades-old US foreign policy in a second term should he win November’s presidential election, multiple former senior advisers tell CNN.

Trump allegedly reserved some of his most unnerving praise for Hitler, who led Nazi Germany during World War II.

“He said, ‘Well, but Hitler did some good things.’ I said, ‘Well, what?’ And he said, ‘Well, [Hitler] rebuilt the economy.’ But what did he do with that rebuilt economy? He turned it against his own people and against the world. And I said, ‘Sir, you can never say anything good about the guy. Nothing,’” Kelly recounted. “I mean, Mussolini was a great guy in comparison.”

“It’s pretty hard to believe he missed the Holocaust, though, and pretty hard to understand how he missed the 400,000 American GIs that were killed in the European theater,” Kelly told me. 

Trump’s admiration for Hitler went further than the German leader’s economic policies, according to Kelly. Trump also expressed admiration for Hitler’s hold on senior Nazi officers. Trump lamented that Hitler, as Kelly recounted, maintained his senior staff’s “loyalty,” while Trump himself often did not.

“He would ask about the loyalty issues and about how, when I pointed out to him the German generals as a group were not loyal to him, and in fact tried to assassinate him a few times, and he didn’t know that,” Kelly recalled. “He truly believed, when he brought us generals in, that we would be loyal — that we would do anything he wanted us to do,” Kelly told me.

When asked to respond to the allegations from the former Trump administration officials, Trump campaign spokesman Steven Cheung did not comment on the substance of what they told me but stated, “John Kelly and John Bolton have completely beclowned themselves and are suffering from a severe case of Trump Derangement Syndrome. They need to seek professional help because their hatred is consuming their empty lives.”

I feel like this is old news but also I welcome stories like this coming out now.

Let the swing voters, independent voters, and Average Joe Voter know now that Trump likes Hitler and says good things about him.

Look what it did to Kanye West’s career.

• Halal 1

Yes, he did rebuild the economy--under a militarized industrial plan, which was explicitly against the terms of Versailles. Like, that was the express purpose of it!

"Beclowned" is a great word though.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I mean, the Autobahn was pretty cool for its time but uh, some of his other policy decisions were pretty iffy. :p

The Autobahn was actually a Weimar idea. :p

1 minute ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Honestly surprised Trump is aware of literally anything Hitler did. Of course, his enablers are absolutely aware of everything Hitler did and are following that model. But just surprising Trump himself knows any factoid at all.

Even the stupid orange will occasionally "let one through the five hole". I'm sure 99% of what people say to him is lost in his own narcissistic haze, but a few things make it through here and there, like the light from a solar eclipse as an example! :sun: 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Honestly surprised Trump is aware of literally anything Hitler did. Of course, his enablers are absolutely aware of everything Hitler did and are following that model. But just surprising Trump himself knows any factoid at all.

He literally has a book of Hitler speeches he keeps by his bedside and made his wife who he raped and then buried on one of his golf courses read it to him. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jason said:

He literally has a book of Hitler speeches he keeps by his bedside and made his wife who he raped and then buried on one of his golf courses read it to him. 

I like that you mentioned that SHE read it to him. Noel Casler has been saying since his days on Celebrity Apprentice that Trump can’t read above a second grade level and has trouble with three syllable words.

Trump, like most modern nazis, seems to have an Indiana Jones understanding of the man and the country.  Even if you ignore the fact the realigning the German economy into a war machine was illegal, it also completely doomed his country.  The entire thing ran on stolen wealth and they actually stole LESS than they anticipated.  Even if they had somehow “won” WWII, the entire German economy would have fallen to pieces the second it had to do anything but fuel the war.  He rebuilt the economy in the same way a cocaine addiction will get you up and moving.  There might be a part in the middle where it seems to be doing something, but you were doomed from the start.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

2 hours ago, MarSolo said:

I like that you mentioned that SHE read it to him. Noel Casler has been saying since his days on Celebrity Apprentice that Trump can’t read above a second grade level and has trouble with three syllable words.

No he’s just deep in the lore of Brandon Anderson’s cosmere