Ever wondered what 100% relative humidity looks like? Because this is what it looks like!

51 minutes ago, Jason said:

weather.gov has claimed it's been 100% humidity by me more than once but I've never had to scrape water off the ceiling :confused:

Depends on which metric they were using, 100% absolute humidity isn't the same as 100% relative humidity.  

Edit: I'm of course talking about weather.gov in Jason's area not the video which is obviously relative humidity.

I haven’t seen anything like that before. The worse I had experience was from a trip to New Orleans French district like 10 years ago. I remember waiting outside for a steamboat ride, and constantly running hands over the beading sweat on my arm and legs. It was hot but muggy, your clothing was sopping wet from the humidity/sweat. I think my weather app had us in the mid 80’s and low 90’s for the relative humidity for almost the entire week we were down. 

I have, actually. Back in my material engineering days we had a small room that we would crank the heat to 125F and 95% RH. Took the whole weekend to get up to temp/RH for testing the next week. We had to move material in and out for testing, putting a 75 lb oil drum to test the material under the most extreme circumstances for a week. It was so hellish doing that work that the 90F plant with 60% RH in the summer was a breath of fresh air. Just being and breathing in that space was laboring. 0/10 do not recommend this environment