New Year: New Build (2024 PC Dreams)

Mr.Vic20

As is tradition for me, When the Christmas break desends upon me, I begin the search for new build parts! :sun: Please meet the very first part of what will ultimately house a 5090/Whatever the best CPU is at the time the 5090 drops. 

This PC case has a touchscreen, and it's not just a gimmick | Digital Trends

I just orderd this case and while it is back ordered until the end of January, the new build fun has begun! Next up, figuring out my Corsair iCUE Link fan/AIO loop kit. 

• Hype 7

47 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

As is tradition for me, When the Christmas break desends upon me, I begin the search for new build parts! :sun: Please meet the very first part of what will ultimately house a 5090/Whatever the best CPU is at the time the 5090 drops. 

I just orderd this case and while it is back ordered until the end of January, the new build fun has begun! Next up, figuring out my Corsair iCUE Link fan/AIO loop kit. 

The Hyte cases are really easy to build in. I ended up with the Y40, because the old Y60 only had 3 slots for the vertical mounting. 
They fixed the problems with the Y60 (and you no longer need to 3D print the mounts) for the screen. 
that case is so huge, will you be doing a custom loop to watercool the GPU?

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The Hyte cases are really easy to build in. I ended up with the Y40, because the old Y60 only had 3 slots for the vertical mounting. 
They fixed the problems with the Y60 (and you no longer need to 3D print the mounts) for the screen. 
that case is so huge, will you be doing a custom loop to watercool the GPU?

Yes indeed sir! 

• Hype 1

@Mr.Vic20

Does that case help support the larger GPUs? I've been seeing increased issues with boards cracking because they're getting so heavy. Wouldn't it also depend on how it's mounted? It seems like they should have multiple points of support for these larger cards. I'm just really curious if they're trying to prevent it from happening is all.

Just now, Remarkableriots said:

@Mr.Vic20

Does that case help support the larger GPUs? I've been seeing increased issues with boards cracking because they're getting so heavy. Wouldn't it also depend on how it's mounted? It seems like they should have multiple points of support for these larger cards. I'm just really curious if they're trying to prevent it from happening is all.

It comes with a riser header that allows for vertical installation. This means the weight of the giant cards won’t bend downward like it does in the typical horizontal orientation. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

@Mr.Vic20

The Hyte cases support vertical mounting. The problem with the Y60 was it was designed before the 4090, so didn’t leave enough space between the glass and an air cooled 4090. This case fixes that. 
However, it really begs for water cooling. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hype 1

If ever spends gobs on a case, this would be it. The LCD screen is just too cool and looks like it belongs.

Although if you vertical mount the GPU, I would reverse the fan directions from the norm: Top/back as intake and side as exhaust since the pass-through air-flow on these big GPUs are blowing right towards that side vent. This may not be much, if any, real-world difference since the case is big enough to not have bad turbulence, but it shouldn't hurt.

• True 1

9 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

@Mr.Vic20

The issue with PCIE slots cracking is more to do with people deciding not to use braces when plugging directly in to a PCIE port than anything else. Video cards that are on the larger side almost always have a brace/support packed in nowadays, but people still feel the need not to use them then complain when their motherboard breaks from the weight. :p 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

@Mr.Vic20

I’ve been eyeing this case (Y70 Touch) or the Cooler Master HAF 700 Evo for my eventual next case. Cooler Master has always been ridiculously easy to build/mount with, please let me know how the Hyte is when you get it. :daydream:

I will do that sir! Given that this case is for my next build it’s supposed to be used with my 5xxx series build, but I know  I’m kidding myself and this case will be incorporated into my current build. So I guess I’m saying I’ll update you in February! 

• Hype 2

8 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

If ever spends gobs on a case, this would be it. The LCD screen is just too cool and looks like it belongs.

Although if you vertical mount the GPU, I would reverse the fan directions from the norm: Top/back as intake and side as exhaust since the pass-through air-flow on these big GPUs are blowing right towards that side vent. This may not be much, if any, real-world difference since the case is big enough to not have bad turbulence, but it shouldn't hurt.

The Hyte cases also have bottom mounted fans to blow air up from the bottom to give fresh air for an air cooled GPU.

• Halal 1

17 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I have the same case but without the custom corner panel. Or is that a bigger one that can actually hold a 4090? Because the Y60 I have maxes out a 3.5 slots. So a 4 slot card won’t fit. 

1 minute ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I have the same case but without the custom corner panel. Or is that a bigger one that can actually hold a 4090? Because the Y60 I have maxes out a 3.5 slots. So a 4 slot card won’t fit. 

18% bigger to accomidate rediculous GPUs! :sun:

• Hype 3

4 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The Hyte cases also have bottom mounted fans to blow air up from the bottom to give fresh air for an air cooled GPU.

As someone who currently has 12 case fans in a Lian Li O11... never again. Even with daisy chained fans the cable management still sucks. I will not have more than 6 fans in whatever my next build will be, and if the current convention is still around I'd simply have bottom mounted fans as intake and top mounted as exhaust to minimize any sort of turbulence.  I would then leave the side vents available for a distribution plate or pump/reservoir.  Also, with 12 RGB fans the theoretical max power draw is >70W. 70W just for fans is insane.

1 minute ago, cusideabelincoln said:

As someone who currently has 12 case fans in a Lian Li O11... never again. Even with daisy chained fans the cable management still sucks. I will not have more than 6 fans in whatever my next build will be, and if the current convention is still around I'd simply have bottom mounted fans as intake and top mounted as exhaust to minimize any sort of turbulence.  I would then leave the side vents available for a distribution plate or pump/reservoir.  Also, with 12 RGB fans the theoretical max power draw is >70W. 70W just for fans is insane.

The bottom fans are hidden, so shouldn't be RGB.  If I were air cooling the GPU in this case, I am 90% sure I would run 3 on the bottom, and 3 on the top.  I'm not sure whether I would add any to the sides of the case.  However, I think you pick a Hyte case to be a showpiece -- so I might consider adding additional RGB fans for that purpose.

For a custom waterloop?  Not sure.  But, I probably wouldn't use the fans on the bottom -- maybe a dual rad setup on the side and top?

8 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

The issue with PCIE slots cracking is more to do with people deciding not to use braces when plugging directly in to a PCIE port than anything else. Video cards that are on the larger side almost always have a brace/support packed in nowadays, but people still feel the need not to use them then complain when their motherboard breaks from the weight. :p 

That's what I figured they should have, but since I never owned one, I wasn't sure.

12 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Y70 Touch $360

i9 15900k $600 (?)

RAM 64gb DDR5 7000mhz (Corsair Dominator) $340

Some Z890 mobo  $600 (?)

RTX 5090 $1600 (?)

360mm Corsair AIO w/iLink $285

4tb m.2 ~$300

Extra iLink fans $140

Corsair 1000w PSU $170

About $4400-4800 pending prices

That's not a reality for me even when I'm financially secure. That's outrageous.