Steam Deck OLED officially announced, update: "A beautiful display upgrade - and so much more" (Digital Foundry review)

Commissar SFLUFAN

Just now, stepee said:

You would just have to look around to see if you see another coaxial plug :P

I'm almost positive the only one they made available for this place is in the garage. Hey, I'm happy with how things turned out so I'm fine with this. 

• Halal 1

51 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm almost positive the only one they made available for this place is in the garage. Hey, I'm happy with how things turned out so I'm fine with this. 

I was thinking, in regards to your wi-fi being bad, if your phone gets better speeds. You could tether your phone to your PS5 or Xbox and see if you get better remote connect quality.

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

I was thinking, in regards to your wi-fi being bad, if your phone gets better speeds. You could tether your phone to your PS5 or Xbox and see if you get better remote connect quality.

Interesting. I'll see how this ends up by the end of the week. 

Man I WISH the Ally had the Steam decks screen! I love the Ally and having now finished updating the inner SSD to THIS: Crucial Gen4 4TB full sized M.2 SSD it's been fantastic. It really needs hall affect sticks and an Oled screen and get rid of the black border while their at it. There's room for another 1/2" in screen size easily. The gen 2 Ally could have so much potential. I'd sell my SD and 1st Gen Ally easily for these improvements and that's without a boost in performance. Pretty sure a new iteration would come with better CPU & GPU and perhaps a larger battery. I'm ready........ 

7 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Man I WISH the Ally had the Steam decks screen! I love the Ally and having now finished updating the inner SSD to THIS: Crucial Gen4 4TB full sized M.2 SSD it's been fantastic. It really needs hall affect sticks and an Oled screen and get rid of the black border while their at it. There's room for another 1/2" in screen size easily. The gen 2 Ally could have so much potential. I'd sell my SD and 1st Gen Ally easily for these improvements and that's without a boost in performance. Pretty sure a new iteration would come with better CPU & GPU and perhaps a larger battery. I'm ready........ 

I bet we get an ally with an oled display first half next year at the latest. The sad thing is that we will be forced to use an lcd on Switch 2 :(

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm gunna buy this if it runs well. I tend to focus on games better on my deck so I'd beat this. 

My game completions have gone way up since deck/handheld pcs. Next gen when you get a pc, it’s fantastic to play the same game handheld and on your tv and looking great in both situations. It’s cool for some games to take grinding and side questing in bed then maybe do big chapter set piece events on your tv.

• True 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

My game completions have gone way up since deck/handheld pcs. Next gen when you get a pc, it’s fantastic to play the same game handheld and on your tv and looking great in both situations. It’s cool for some games to take grinding and side questing in bed then maybe do big chapter set piece events on your tv.

Yes. That's a terrific aspect of pc gaming. 

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

@stepee Forbidden West is running like dog shit atm. Plus in the top left corner of the screen is data showing fps?

I hope I didn't fuck up buying this lol.

There might be an in game option for fps that is turned on. Ill check it out later today or tomorrow but I think you should just return it while you know you can and then wait until you see people post how it runs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

There might be an in game option for fps that is turned on. Ill check it out later today or tomorrow but I think you should just return it while you know you can and then wait until you see people post how it runs.

When it's at the settings of "very low" it's not awful but far from great. I think I'll return it unless you find something while you check it out. How long do I have for a return?

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

When it's at the settings of "very low" it's not awful but far from great. I think I'll return it unless you find something while you check it out. How long do I have for a return?

I believe it’s within two weeks/two hours of playtime 

@stepee Kingdom come is very interesting. It looks spectacular and is extremely realistic. As in if you don't eat you can die. It's a very slow burn but I played 2 hours and was hooked. I can't believe it looks as good as it does for 2018. 

23 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@stepee Kingdom come is very interesting. It looks spectacular and is extremely realistic. As in if you don't eat you can die. It's a very slow burn but I played 2 hours and was hooked. I can't believe it looks as good as it does for 2018. 

Yeah the lighting is ahead of its time for sure!

My wife plays a tonne of cozy games on Switch Lite, but wants even more on Steam (but hates playing on her PC in the evening). Right now the old LCD Decks are on sale in Canada for $499 CAD...is the LCD Deck still a good choice? Or is it worth the $200+ to upgrade to the OLED? Main two choices would be:

• 256GB LCD - $499 CAD ($367 USD)
  • 512GB OLED - $689 CAD ($507 USD)

Any thoughts are appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@stepee You play this on the deck?

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

『DORONKO WANKO』 is a DORONKO Action Game. In this game, You can become a cute, innocent Pomeranian, make your master's home messy and dirty. "Will the master be angry with me?" Don't worry. Because you are a sweet doggie.

no have u