Grand Theft Auto VI (PS5/Xbox Series | Autumn 2025) - update (05/16): Take-Two earnings statement indicates Autumn 2025 release

Commissar SFLUFAN

You guys make very fair points. I'm just so in love with the characters and world I'm more forgiving than most. 

24 minutes ago, legend said:

After I masochistically finished RDR2 when it came out, I then started God War (2018). I nearly cried tears of joy at the substantially better controls that I was immediately able to use to do what I wanted.

This was true for me as well. GOW though is in my top 5 games ever. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You guys make very fair points. I'm just so in love with the characters and world I'm more forgiving than most. 

This was true for me as well. GOW though is in my top 5 games ever. 

I’m just messing with you. Enjoy RDR it’s just not for me. I’m playing GTA V on my Series X and damn it holds up. You’d think the game just came out this year. 

Just now, Biggie said:

I’m just messing with you. Enjoy RDR it’s just not for me. I’m playing GTA V on my Series X and damn it holds up. You’d think the game just came out this year. 

Yea, it still looks impressive. I played a lot of it last year. Are the controls as bad as RDR2 for you? I kinda forget if they are similar. 

16 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea, it still looks impressive. I played a lot of it last year. Are the controls as bad as RDR2 for you? I kinda forget if they are similar. 

No but they aren’t great either. lol. But the graphics/presentation/characters/story are all triple AAA.  

• Hype 1

On 12/5/2023 at 9:11 AM, AbsolutSurgen said:
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

We don't need all the bells and whistles, just the ruddy game, thanks.

Sounds like sour grapes.  All of the bad PC ports we've seen over the last few years shows that adding PC support DOES require some effort.

Sure it does require some effort, but why can't that effort be applied alongside development of the console versions? 

25 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah I don’t know if GTA5 was too late by the time they realized the Switch was a success or what but either way it wouldn’t have been due to technical issues. Maybe the size of it, or issues getting GTA Online going or something.

"Mature" themed games have historically not sold on Nintendo platforms particularly well.

Besides, I don’t buy that they wouldn’t make money because:

1) They can just pay Saber to do it for cheap and it’s not like they are making a Switch only game, this would just be additional revenue 

2) It’s GTA

You wouldn’t even need to worry about switch owners buying it, people would buy switch for it if it includes GTA Online

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah, I added an edit but yeah we don’t have number but it spent like years being constantly in the top 10 on eshop - and hell to even try to put MK1 on it the way they did, there is a reason for that.

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

Besides, I don’t buy that they wouldn’t make money because:

1) They can just pay Saber to do it for cheap and it’s not like they are making a Switch only game, this would just be additional revenue 

2) It’s GTA

I looked at a couple of NPDs from late 2019-2021 and didn't see MK11 making a big splash, but you may have a different source than I.

2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I looked at a couple of NPDs from late 2019-2021 and didn't see MK11 making a big splash, but you may have a different source than I.

I don’t find npd very useful anymore, my source is mostly just seeing it constantly in the top 10

I also don’t think it matters, most mature games didn’t launch last gen so we have a very small sample base. But I think regardless even if they didn’t sell normally, GTA in 2023, a handheld version with GTA Online, would sell a lot even with people just buying a Switch that wouldn’t normally because of GTA.

This wouldn’t be Chinatown Wars. 

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well even if you can't find MK11 data, MK1 still did very well on the switch. I think it was the #3 game on there.

In fact here you go:

spacer.png

I think Nintendo still has a kid friendly image but as far as Nintendo is concerned you can put anything you want on there, and since it's the Switch and everyone has it, it will sell.

• Halal 1

• 3 months later...
KOTAKU.COM

The open-world sequel is set to launch next year, but leadership is worried it could get delayed until 2026

What kind of horse-testicle-physics are they hiding up their sleeves this time?  Gotta get everything right, this game isn't coming until 2026.

They have a studio just west of Toronto. I’m on indeed a,ways seeing if something better work wise is out there. Anyways they are always looking for animation/motion cap help and has been consistent for 6+ months.