Conservative Alabama Mayor Kills Himself After Being Outed For Dressing As ‘Transgender’ Woman

WWW.YAHOO.COM

Alabama politician and preacher, F.L. “Bubba” Copeland, has reportedly killed himself after he was outed for allegedly dressing up as a “transgender curvy girl.”...

Didn’t know if this should go in it’s own thread or the Transgender panic super thread or the GOP being shitty thread.

But to the shock of no one, he was also a pastor, and there’s a good chance he ranted about the evils of drag shows and such.

• Sad 2

I’m torn on this.

On the one hand I’m shocked a conservative Christian was what he was rallying against.

On the other, our history is too full of lgbtqi people who took their own lives over their inability to accept who they were. This is another life lost over conservative bullshit.

• True 2
  • Halal 2

16 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

While it's horrible that he benefited from his cynical hypocrisy, it's moreso a tragedy that a life was lost due to anti-trans bigotry. The next ten years in American are going to be ugly for LGBTQ+ people.

Especially if the GOP takes back the senate and WH in 2024.

2 hours ago, MarSolo said:
WWW.YAHOO.COM

Alabama politician and preacher, F.L. “Bubba” Copeland, has reportedly killed himself after he was outed for allegedly...

Didn’t know if this should go in it’s own thread or the Transgender panic super thread or the GOP being shitty thread.

But to the shock of no one, he was also a pastor, and there’s a good chance he ranted about the evils of drag shows and such.

I can’t find anything that says he railed against lgbtq, and neither could the Daily Beast. 

WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

Bubba Copeland shot himself in front of police on Friday, days after he begged 1819 News not to expose his private life.

It has been shown that the publication which outed him did so after being asked not to and is a conservative site. He’s also gotten praise from Doug Jones and the local Democratic Party.

I’ve no idea what his politics were outside of being a registered Republican to say if he was a hypocrite or not, but it didn’t appear that he was a culture warrior. This really makes me wonder about the outlet which outed him over his objections.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I can’t find anything that says he railed against lgbtq, and neither could the Daily Beast. 

WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

Bubba Copeland shot himself in front of police on Friday, days after he begged 1819 News not to expose his private life.

It has been shown that the publication which outed him did so after being asked not to and is a conservative site. He’s also gotten praise from Doug Jones and the local Democratic Party.

I’ve no idea what his politics were outside of being a registered Republican to say if he was a hypocrite or not, but it didn’t appear that he was a culture warrior. This really makes me wonder about the outlet which outed him over his objections.

This makes it more tragic.

All I could find was him denying he was transitioning and that he just dressed as a joke with his wife so I recant my previous statement. 

8 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

Yeah, that’s my bad, and I feel like shit for even making the assumption now based on him being a Republican as well as a pastor.

• Hugs 3

14 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Yeah, that’s my bad, and I feel like shit for even making the assumption now based on him being a Republican as well as a pastor.

Hey we all did and I interpreted his statements the wrong way so I’m more fucked up as I read other articles and still made a connection that wasn’t there.

• Hugs 1