The cycle of infection is strong…

gamer.tv

Last Wednesday, daughter says ‘Daddy I’m cold’ and then begins to develop a fever, loss of appetite and very tired - a week later, mostly better. Hits Monday of this week, wife is the same…had a few days off work, had to juggle parental leave and childcare…quite hard. She’s still not better but getting there.

This morning dear reader, I had a massive headache (and general joint pain) but put it down to a lot of stress and poor sleep. Over the past few hours…starting to feel really, really cold, completely lost my appetite…

It’s coming…

Night Of The Living Dead Horror GIF by filmeditor

• Shocked 1
  • Hugs 2

On 10/20/2023 at 8:35 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Hell, nah. It’s only a cold. 

You can buy cold medicine OTC with codeine here, though. Good shit. 

I had a cold a couple weeks ago and went to buy some NyQuil. They now have alcohol free NyQuil. Fuck that, tripping balls off half of bottle and sleeping 14 hours is the best part of being sick.

• True 1

2 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I had a cold a couple weeks ago and went to buy some NyQuil. They now have alcohol free NyQuil. Fuck that, tripping balls off half of bottle and sleeping 14 hours is the best part of being sick.

That’s literally worse than non alcoholic beer. 

• Halal 1

I’ve been battling something for like 3 weeks now. I don’t know if it’s partial illness, allergies or a combo of both. My sleep has been crappier than normal, constant cough, barely any appetite, aches/pain, can’t sleep on my back because mucus just ruin down the throat and I’m coughing again. Sister sort of battling the same thing, and is starting her 2nd week of it. So yesterday we both went and got a Flu shot and now my left shoulder aches 

2 hours ago, silentbob said:

I’ve been battling something for like 3 weeks now. I don’t know if it’s partial illness, allergies or a combo of both. My sleep has been crappier than normal, constant cough, barely any appetite, aches/pain, can’t sleep on my back because mucus just ruin down the throat and I’m coughing again. Sister sort of battling the same thing, and is starting her 2nd week of it. So yesterday we both went and got a Flu shot and now my left shoulder aches 

Dang man, that sucks. Have you taken a COVID test? Gone to see a doctor? 3 weeks seems like a long time to be dealing with just a cold. 

2 hours ago, Nokra said:

Dang man, that sucks. Have you taken a COVID test? Gone to see a doctor? 3 weeks seems like a long time to be dealing with just a cold. 

I didn’t but it seems to be floating around with a few people I know, but haven’t seen in months. Neighbours up the street, the husband has the same thing I do. Last week I saw his wife shopping, he was on his 2nd week of the exact symptoms as me. He had taken 3 Covid tests over the time and all came back negative. I really do think mine is mostly allergies related with some under lying something as well. 

2 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

You don’t know me at all if you think this is the path to changing my relationship status, but that’s ok. I appreciate the effort. 

To be fair I’d never actually support anyone taking that rat poison friend. I’ll have a reckoning in the future for what I did on that topic.