Princess Peach: Showtime! (03.22.24)

Pikachu

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

You manipulate Peach’s emotions with a “vibe scepter.” The game came with a rumble pak for the DS and everything. It was weird.

Yeah. I was referencing this game in my post. It's an interesting/fun game but when you think further about the concept it gets very weird.

• True 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I know! And the colors really pop. The concept of playing as Peach looks so cool. 

Yeah I was watching that trailer thinking it almost seems like since the oled that Nintendo designs some of their games around the oled almost, could be an accident, but they just pop so hard. Gonna be sad when we lose that for at least a year or two :(

20 minutes ago, Biggie said:

because she is a PRINCESS and she can

For almost 40 years, her kingdom has been attacked by the same enemy, over and over again, with somewhat success. Surely, there's something else she should be focused on, rather than figure skating and/or being a mermaid. 

11 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Don't worry @Derek I could guide your hand while we play to make it easier for you.

'hand' and thank you, Keyser.

• Hugs 1

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter loves playing Mario Wonder, even though she's absolutely terrible at it. 'Git Good!' Am I right?!

Anywho, she saw some ad with Peach riding a horse (she's obsessed with horses right now), and expressed interest. I told her that the horse segment is probably only a small fraction of the game and that there are a lot of different gameplay elements that she may not like and/or have a difficult time with because she's only 5. She responded with 'What? But she rides a horse.'

So, I'll probably buy this.

• Haha 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hype 1

This was a fun demo! I can tell that while it’s an easy game it is like Kirby with getting 100% adding the challenge. I definitely did not 100% either level my first go, so that made me feel better about that concern.

I wasn’t expecting 30fps for some reason so that was disappointing. However the game itself is gorgeous and really pops on the oled. The art and production values are great. Hopefully it will run at 60fps on Switch 2 next year and I can play it again.

• Hype 1