I ask this politely and with no ill will

I dont know for certain, but I feel like he may have been offended that some folks said that his content should be (and was) moved to a ghost town of a board. Even with naming the board after him, it feels a bit condescending. 

• Halal 1

6 minutes ago, Derek said:

I dont know for certain, but I feel like he may have been offended that some folks said that his content should be (and was) moved to a ghost town of a board. Even with naming the board after him, it feels a bit condescending. 

Agreed. Fwiw, I will admit I didn't read/watch every single article or video that he posted, but I did enjoy quite a few of them. 

@Remarkableriots come back! Your posts are appreciated! :hug:

• Halal 1

17 minutes ago, Derek said:

Ghost town no more. I’m gonna bring this board back to life. 

• Hype 1

41 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, I didn't see the big deal with his posts. I'm not interested in them, but I scroll on by. It's not like the general board is a bastion of serious and quality content.

For me, it's more of the posts in other threads. At times it felt like I was on Facebook where every other post is a "suggested for you" article I have no interest in. It's stuff that would get deleted if it was posted on r/games or r/gametitlehere. Not all of them are like that, but enough are. I really don't care about new topics unless they are spammed and other new topics actually get buried.

IDK, I just feel like posting an article that contains nothing worth discussion just clutters up a thread. NGL, I had considered blocking him, but he does actually make regular posts too and I don't want to block those. Like, no, I don't care about "Baldur's Gate 3 Not Adding Fan Favorite Homebrew Class". I'm the kind of guy who curates his own suggested YT videos so they get the algorithm right and actually show me stuff I'm interested in.  Sadly, I cannot curate another user's posts without outright blocking them.

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

For me, it's more of the posts in other threads. At times it felt like I was on Facebook where every other post is a "suggested for you" article I have no interest in. It's stuff that would get deleted if it was posted on r/games or r/gametitlehere. Not all of them are like that, but enough are. I really don't care about new topics unless they are spammed and other new topics actually get buried.

IDK, I just feel like posting an article that contains nothing worth discussion just clutters up a thread. NGL, I had considered blocking him, but he does actually make regular posts too and I don't want to block those. Like, no, I don't care about "Baldur's Gate 3 Not Adding Fan Favorite Homebrew Class". I'm the kind of guy who curates his own suggested YT videos so they get the algorithm right and actually show me stuff I'm interested in.  Sadly, I cannot curate another user's posts without outright blocking them.

I guess my eyes just slide right over them. I’m somewhat aware of his posts in threads, I just don’t pay attention when I see who posted them. 

Maybe if he were burying threads in general, but it’s not like that board gets a ton of traffic anyway. 

• Halal 1

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

I actually feel really bad about the whole thing now I didn’t think he’d go away I thought maybe he’d even like having his own board and by extension would make that board more active. :(

Calm down. He’s probably just in a brief diabetic coma. He will be back. 

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

I actually feel really bad about the whole thing now I didn’t think he’d go away I thought maybe he’d even like having his own board and by extension would make that board more active. :(

I feel bad but overall it's not a big deal at all. He's a grown adult and this should have been stopped long ago. I even remember reading others getting tired of him posting 70 YouTube videos in one single thread....back to back to back to back. 

He infests a lot of board topics with just YouTube videos with no explanations behind them and just doesn't stop.

I get this is an extremely small message board but that makes what he does even worse. I remember seeing interesting threads one second then turn around to look for them and they are already bumped off the page with his excessive postings. 

If he leaves because of this that's on him not this place. I mean good lord.

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I feel bad but overall it's not a big deal at all. He's a grown adult and this should have been stopped long ago. I even remember reading others getting tired of him posting 70 YouTube videos in one single thread....back to back to back to back. 

He infests a lot of board topics with just YouTube videos with no explanations behind them and just doesn't stop.

I get this is an extremely small message board but that makes what he does even worse. I remember seeing interesting threads one second then turn around to look for them and they are already bumped off the page with his excessive postings. 

If he leaves because of this that's on him not this place. I mean good lord.

Hey hey now. That’s sounds like ill will and it’s certainly not polite. 

Judge Ok GIF by truTV’s Those Who Can’t