New Bumblebee trailer looks... good, what is happening

elbobo

12 minutes ago, johnny said:

Yeah, you’re mad because a child is going to have a better chance of breaking into an industry that their parent works in. Shocking. There are plenty of other things to be mad about. You could at least direct this at the spawn who suck. 

You should put together a list of stuff I’m allowed to criticize 

2 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

You should put together a list of stuff I’m allowed to criticize 

Bitch about whatever you want but nobody is gonna fuck with it if you’re bitching about Travis Knight, who has worked very hard, because he has a rich dad 

3 hours ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

I don’t think you even know what I’m talking about 

I asked and you didn’t respond. What is the problem with the system as evidenced by the career of Travis Knight, and what is a system that would be better so that Travis Knight doesn’t get to make fantastic films like Kubo?

On 12/24/2018 at 2:22 PM, RedSoxFan9 said:

Which is why I brought up the hereditary meritocracy 

Except . . . 

On 12/24/2018 at 2:23 PM, sblfilms said:

What is terrible about working in the industry for 15 years before getting your first directing job? What system would be better? 

This.

Stop-motion films are a huge labor of love and for us not to credit Travis Knight for using every ounce of his family's wealth to single-handedly keep the stop-motion filmmaking industry going is about the most anyone could ask of anyone in his position. Not only did he pay his dues by working in the trenches in stop-motion to LAIKA's predecessor, he used his family's money to create LAIKA, co-founded it, yet still didn't step into the director's chair there (which he easily could have at any time) until Kubo and the Two Strings.

There is so much nepotism to hate, why would we go after the exception who proves that there is a way to use your power and money for good. Oh yeah, he's also insanely talented, lest we forget.

• Like 1

just saw it and while it was enjoyable and definitely lightyears better than the last several pieces of crap I'd probably only give it a 6.5 or 7. Too much goofiness. and could someone please explain

Spoiler

why the hell didn't B have a real name from the start? Every other transformer had their own name, but he was B-127? So what...he's a drone of some sort, a B model and we should expect there to be 126 other B's out there? Or is this like a Seinfeld Seven Costanza thing :p 

fun but forgettable 

Spoiler

The B-127 thing is interesting because this is the first time we have heard it on film. The current theory out there is that the names that we know the Transformers by are not their actual names. Those are merely codenames or nick names. Their names are actual names could be letter/number designations like Bumblebee's or it could something more incomprehensible to the human mind. The Primes seems to be an exception through as they have actual understandable names i.e. Optimus Prime's name is Orion Pax.

If you don't buy that, then there is the simple explanation of the screenwriters really wanting Charlie and Bumblebee having that special moment where she name him and not giving a damn about whether the other Transformers had name or not.

I bet something like 90% of actors and directors working in hollywood have very wealthy and/or connected parents. It’s incredibly difficult to break into as a normal person. That’s just how it is. I don’t like it either, but if that’s your criteria for not liking someone or something in Hollywood, you’re never going to be able to enjoy anything.

Terrible might be over-selling it. It was intensely mediocre.

I really didn't like much about it at all. I thought the plot was idiotic and so full of holes it wasn't even worth scrutinizing for even a second. It was as if a group of writers got into a room and came up with 10 scenes they wanted and then figured out a way to cobble them together. It felt so small. There is this big war on cybertron, but we only ever see like 5 or 6 combatants. Then giant robots from space arrive on earth and the army is all like, okay, that's cool.

It just wasn't very good.

I enjoyed seeing Jeremy from Broad City as the step dad. And Pam Adlon must really need some cash for something.

27 minutes ago, ort said:

I really didn't like much about it at all. I thought the plot was idiotic and so full of holes it wasn't even worth scrutinizing for even a second. It was as if a group of writers got into a room and came up with 10 scenes they wanted and then figured out a way to cobble them together. It felt so small. There is this big war on cybertron, but we only ever see like 5 or 6 combatants. Then giant robots from space arrive on earth and the army is all like, okay, that's cool.

I enjoyed seeing Jeremy from Broad City as the step dad. And Pam Adlon must really need some cash for something.

This is what I think it's gonna be if I went to see it. 

On 12/29/2018 at 7:34 PM, ort said:

I mean, yeah, it’s the best transformers movie by a long shot, but that’s not saying much. 

11 hours ago, ort said:

Yeah, I don't really get it either, but I'm really not trying to piss in anybody's cereal. :p 

Wasn't really that into the Cena character. He felt like a character I have seen a lot but didn't have anything unique about him. And the plot was just kind of there. I dunno; it's a pretty inoffensive movie, so if you're unsure and some friends want to go, I wouldn't say it's a terrible idea. I just didn't find it that memorable a movie.