"Rent Free" is not an argument and is said by a person when they have nothing of substance to respond with.

Bacon

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Topic is about @sblfilms

It's not, but he was the inspiration. I see it all the time and it is weak shit. It's one of those comments where you "lose" if you respond or don't.

8 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I now got property in West Virginia

I hope it's a movie theater.

7 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I don't even understand what it means.

It's used to mean when someone is all someone else seems to concern themselves with, despite person A not giving a shit. 

It's basically the more concise version of the Bison quote to Chun-Li,"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday." 

See also: the former president that still throws ketchup at his bedroom walls thinking about Obama's inauguration size. 

3 minutes ago, TheShader said:

It's used to mean when someone is all someone else seems to concern themselves with, despite person A not giving a shit. 

It's basically the more concise version of the Bison quote to Chun-Li,"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday." 

See also: the former president that still throws ketchup at his bedroom walls thinking about Obama's inauguration size. 

Ah - I see!

8 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

No matter how many times I have that concept explained to me, I still cannot comprehend it.

Making someone go crazy by consistently lying to them about objective reality. 

Every week I give you a dollar, and with a straight face tell you that you can have this $100 bill. You say it's a dollar, I deny it, say it looks like a hundred dollar bill to me. You come back later that day and say you KNEW it was only a dollar, you tried to use it to fuel up for gas and the gas station confirmed it was only a dollar. I tell you that I don't know what you're on about, this morning I only gave you a dollar and I never said it was $100.

Next week comes, I give you a dollar, and tell you to spend your $100 on whatever you want. Rinse and repeat until your brain is broken. 

Think of a time that you KNEW you said or did something, but others around you remembered those events differently and you felt a little crazy for being the only one that remembers it that way. Now imagine someone was intentionally and maliciously invoking that feeling inside of you for months at a time as a form of torture. 

1 minute ago, TheShader said:

Think of a time that you KNEW you said or did something, but others around you remembered those events differently and you felt a little crazy for being the only one that remembers it that way. 

I can honestly say that has never happened to me and if it ever did, I will always be right and they will always be wrong!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TheShader said:

Rinse and repeat until your brain is broken. 

Would it actually work with something this blatant? The examples I've seen talked about the past (usually in relationships) are much more plausibly deniable. I know there's been psychology experiments involving groups of (in-the-know) people saying shit as dumb as 2+2=5 and one subject eventually going along with it but from what I remember of those the outcome was more one of someone reluctantly going along with peer pressure and not ACTUALLY believing all of the sudden that 2+2=5.

People out these parts probably look at the news cycle and declare it as 'gaslighting' when it's simple politicking. You want some real ass gas lighting you suffer all their sense, not just tell them lies. It's a regiment of conditioning towards preservation until the will is broken to accept any truth. Lke the ameri-corpo by-line about 'freedom' and bootstraps, prosperity gospel, neo christian classicists, 'the customer is always right'. The list goes on.