PC Community Thread

stepee

I’m pretty pumped about AMD getting flack for likely paying to remove nvidia features at this time. I think if they would have waited for fsr3, when they have something they consider a competitor to dlss3, they wouldn’t have received as much push back. Hopefully they get a nice PR hit and make a public statement that they never restrict what their sponsored games can support.

It would be worse having this argument when fsr3 is there to say “just use the available open source option, it makes sense!” even though fsr3 sounded like garbage fire last I read how the tech works.

Just now, stepee said:

I’m pretty pumped about AMD getting flack for likely paying to remove nvidia features at this time. I think if they would have waited for fsr3, when they have something they consider a competitor to dlss3, they wouldn’t have received as much push back. Hopefully they get a nice PR hit and make a public statement that they never restrict what their sponsored games can support.

It would be worse having this argument when fsr3 is there to say “just use the available open source option, it makes sense!” even though fsr3 sounded like garbage fire last I read how the tech works.

Watching the mental gymnastics AMD fanboys are using as justification has been something to behold :daydream:

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

This is over my head :sadsun:

typo lol

I mean reading the resetera threads where people were trying to accuse people of “conspiracies” for suggesting amd jussssssst might be paying block features 

20 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

https://www.microcenter.com/product/667765/amd-ryzen-5-5600x3d-vermeer-am4-33ghz-6-core-boxed-processor-heatsink-not-included

5600x3D launches July 7th, supposedly a Microcenter exclusive - I don't know if the exclusivity is temporary.

Apparently these are repaired 5800x3ds with 2 cores disabled, so their availability is temporary.

Now, media relations manager Kara Leiterman tells Axios that gamers who picked up their commercial driver's license through Schneider's training program often "showed skills above their experience level," and "credited their learning to the video game American Truck Simulator." Leiterman says the company is "optimistic" that the in-game ads will continue to bring in better newbie drivers.

• Halal 1

Fully transitioned to the ROG Ally from steam deck now with my 1tb micro sd card in and loaded with all the roms. Moving stuff from linux to Windows file system wasn’t as bad as I thought. I moved everything I wanted from C:\ on deck to the memory card then I just used a program literally called linux reader and saved everything off of the memory card to an external ssd. Then formatted that card and put all the roms back in the same folder directories as I set up the Ally using emudeck as well.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2023 at 12:56 PM, Spork3245 said:

On 5/11/2023 at 1:07 PM, stepee said:

It’s just I bet Nintendo is going to force me to buy a handheld without oled next year already and I really don’t want to buy more handhelds without oled :(

I don't know. I think you might like it

:shrug:

• True 1

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I don't know. I think you might like it

:shrug:

lol ya you were right on the money - I was looking at it as “well it doesn’t make sense as an addition to deck and it’s not a long term solution” but the answer was still as you said just replace the deck with it for now!

tbf I didn’t realize it was a vrr screen or think about that much 

1 minute ago, stepee said:

lol ya you were right on the money - I was looking at it as “well it doesn’t make sense as an addition to deck and it’s not a long term solution” but the answer was still as you said just replace the deck with it for now!

tbf I didn’t realize it was a vrr screen or think about that much 

Fire This Is Fine GIF

24 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:
asus-ally-review-1.jpg?auto=webp&fit=cro
T.CO

An update for the handheld gaming PC will be released soon.

It’s so very obvious it has an issue I’m glad they have finally acknowledged it so we can move to the what are you going to do to fix it phase! I’m skeptical that they will fix this with a fan curve adjustment but we will see! i do have a 1tb I put in after the latest update and it actually has been working but I’m not going to be surprised if something goes wrong.

• True 1

Yea that ain’t gonna solve it. It’s too close to a heat source. I think if you use the SD card for roms (10W and less),I think it’s fine. You still want to remove the card when playing intensive games (20W+). That’s why I’m not gonna bother. I will get a 2TB SSD. I see some WD 2TB for $139 out of china. Gonna roll the dice. Yolo

• Shocked 1

Just now, Brian said:

Yea that ain’t gonna solve it. It’s too close to a heat source. I think if you use the SD card for roms (10W and less),I think it’s fine. You still want to remove the card when playing intensive games (20W+). That’s why I’m not gonna bother. I will get a 2TB SSD. I see some WD 2TB for $139 out of china. Gonna roll the dice. Yolo

Out of China but from Amazon? Or?