The Batman Part II - delayed to October 2, 2026

Brick

On 1/31/2023 at 5:41 PM, Brick said:

Just in time for Halloween.

Wonder if the plot will be based on, or influenced by, The Long Halloween graphic novel and they're hoping to capitalize on that with this release.

24 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Batman is 3 hours long? Fuck that. Pass.

I honestly don't even remember how it ended, because I was so zoned out by the end of this movie. It REALLY needed to be cut down.

1 hour ago, TheShader said:

Wonder if the plot will be based on, or influenced by, The Long Halloween graphic novel and they're hoping to capitalize on that with this release.

I honestly don't even remember how it ended, because I was so zoned out by the end of this movie. It REALLY needed to be cut down.

I had to stop and think for a second about the ending. Then I remembered Batman taking on a bunch of bad guys with guns....I remember it really stretching reality there haha.

Recent interview w/ Colin has him stating that not only is the Penguin series getting ready to begin shooting end of this month, but that it is set to be an 8 episode series with the first episode taking place about a week after The Batman, and as it goes, the trajectory of Penguin's rise in the underworld of Gotham, that by Batman 2, we'll be dovetailing out of the series into that next film, which is exciting to be sure.

• Like 1

I can't stand Robert Pattinson so I'll never watch these movies. I think he is an awful actor and forever will be Edward Cullen in my eyes. 

Christian Bale is and always will be the real Batman. 

Edit: And yes, I watched 40 minutes of The Batman and I hated him and turned it off. 

14 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Michael Keaton will always be the best Batman.

I think Bale is the much better actor but I agree that Keaton did a great job when he was Batman.

He didn't change is voice like Bale did when he was Batman. I thought it was comical when Bale spoke in the deep ridiculous voice.  😆 

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Pattinson is decidedly NOT a bad actor. A real L for my boy @best3444

I litteraly can't stand him. When he speaks you can just see he is acting and it's not believable. Kinda reminds me of Will Smith in that vein. I can't stand Smith, either.

Hey...I'm in the minority here but it's just how I feel. More power to you and everyone else that enjoys Pattinson and his version of Batman. 

:shrug:

I like that Pattinson plays him as a weirdo who can’t stand being Bruce Wayne. I think that’s a fun angle we don’t really get to see in the movies. 

And I know some people will never be able get past Twilight (even if that franchise has largely faded away already), but he’s really put in work to prove himself beyond that. After seeing movies like Good Time, High Life, and The Lighthouse, I’ve started to think he was always a great actor, who unfortunately got famous by playing a terrible character. 

It is a separate thing to dislike this particular take on Batman and think he’s a bad actor. He definitely isn’t a bad actor, most of his performances are fantastic.

57 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It is a separate thing to dislike this particular take on Batman and think he’s a bad actor. He definitely isn’t a bad actor, most of his performances are fantastic.

Fair enough. I actually like him as a person and he seems like a really good dude.

Most of the actors in the Twilight series seemed to have done it for the money, and I genuinely can't fault them for that. If Stephanie Meyer gave me 10 million tomorrow to give the worst performance of my life in some shitty Twilight prequel trilogy then I'd say yes so fast it'd be ridiculous.

Personally, I wanted to like The Batman so bad, and I still do. But too much of the movie works against it for me. Like literally for every positive I can say about the movie, there's a directly equal negative thing I don't like. Two great examples are I absolutely love that in a noir style Batman they included the noir narratives by the protagonist detective...but the lines and delivery sound like they time traveled to 2004 and stole the lines off my Xanga. Or the Batmobile, I don't think I've ever seen a more perfectly shot car chase scene, the lighting was an elevation of art...but then you have the actual Batmobile design and all I can see is a junked together demolition derby car.

11 minutes ago, TheShader said:

but then you have the actual Batmobile design and all I can see is a junked together demolition derby car.

Its my favorite rendition of the Batmobile and matches the aesthetic perfectly. Its rough, brutish , and unrefined, it feels like the choice of a Batman who hates Bruce Wayne. 

But I can see why others may not like it.

On 2/4/2023 at 4:43 PM, sblfilms said:

Hey, I watched about hour and a half today. Not not only did I really enjoy this thus far, but Pattinson has really grown on me as Batman.  His acting is much better than previous films and he plays this role very well. 

So I stand corrected what I said earlier. I have an hour and a half to go but this movie is really engrossing. I guess I didn't give this movie enough time overall to make comments like I did above.

• Hugs 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 7:22 PM, best3444 said:

Hey, I watched about hour and a half today. Not not only did I really enjoy this thus far, but Pattinson has really grown on me as Batman.  His acting is much better than previous films and he plays this role very well.

I don't blame you for your first comments. They didn't do him any favors for his representation of Bruce Wayne. They gave him emo hair in every scene. But once he donned the mask he looked the part. As for his acting it was good both ways and no goofy Bale voice.

I finally watched the first film on Monday and overall loved it. I thought he was a great Batman but I wanna see a more powerful business/playboy angle maybe in the next film. I think the Batmobile sounded great but hope we will see a more traditional looking version in the 2nd. Maybe we’ll see Lucious Fox introduced in some capacity. I think they could have tighten up the ending of the last film. Felt like that the finale was almost too much for what was a great Cat and Mouse/Se7en like battle of wits. Seems like The Joker could be next bad but I would love a Calendar Man/MadHatter like noir film again. Bring in the rogue gallery in small capacity to tell the story. Seems like it will be filled with baddies with The Penguin having his own series coming to setup the next film. I overall didn’t mind the costume overall look because of the functionality of everything, minus wing-suit. Plus I could do with less of the “Superman” bullet proofing, but love the fear factor with the simple filming of shadows/stepping out of them. 

Bring on Part II, but a few updates would be welcomed too.

• 1 year later...
  • Jason changed the title to The Batman Part II - delayed to October 2, 2026