PlayStation VR2: 13 new titles and launch lineup revealed (GT7 full single and multiplayer on VR)

SaysWho?

6cc16269a07476dc9ace3bcec32a025d80900dfb
BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

More than 30 games on track for release starting February 22.

"We’re thrilled that Gran Turismo 7 will be a PS VR2 launch title! Through a free upgrade, for those who have already purchased Gran Turismo 7, players will experience all cars and tracks in VR like never before. GT7 in VR takes full advantage of PS VR2’s next gen features. With eye tracking and foveated rendering, players will experience stunning visual fidelity while racing in any of the 450+ cars. While 2-player splitscreen races are not supported in VR, all other races, including online races, will be available. From the Nürburgring to Tsukuba, tracks can be experienced exactly as they are in real life."

Also, I didn't even know about this one, announced for launch:

ce03810e0b2bf16974723785da69709df9da26d9

Now’s your chance to be QB1 of your favorite NFL team with NFL Pro Era, the first fully licensed NFL and NFLPA virtual reality (VR) game. Utilizing real-time game data,  NFL Pro Era brings the bright lights, team chants, and thousands of screaming fans to your home in one of the most authentic and immersive first-person VR games ever. Step under center and see if you have what it takes to lead your team to a Super Bowl or play virtual catch with friends in your favorite stadium. Whatever you decide, the future of the game is up to you!

Yeah I guess that Rush of Blood spiritual sequel isn’t launch? If it had that and Astro (even just a port!)  I’d maybe consider one near launch but as it is I look at that list and it’s hard to be excited when I already have lots of those.

And generally yeah this seems to be missing the kind of high production value VR experiences that would make this worth it to someone who already owns a Quest (or to even get this instead of Quest in the first place)

38 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah I guess that Rush of Blood spiritual sequel isn’t launch? If it had that and Astro (even just a port!)  I’d maybe consider one near launch but as it is I look at that list and it’s hard to be excited when I already have lots of those.

And generally yeah this seems to be missing the kind of high production value VR experiences that would make this worth it to someone who already owns a Quest (or to even get this instead of Quest in the first place)

When are you buying me one?

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Has the same vibe as the Wii U launch. Lots of games that are available elsewhere for less money and better performance.

• True 1

2 hours ago, HardAct said:

Really never considered PSVR but IF I DID i'd hope that GT7 was patched and not a completely new 60-70 game. I don't know this to be true but I have GT7 deluxe edition and I still haven't played it....lol

That's right, it's a free patch. From the article:

Through a free upgrade, for those who have already purchased Gran Turismo 7, players will experience all cars and tracks in VR like never before