Southwest cancels 5,400 flights in a 'full-blown meltdown'

39 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

No way in hell a train could've gotten us from Vegas to central Washington in less time than it took to drive, and certainly many times slower than flying, even with a layover at SeaTac.

Hmm. I did Ctrl+F and searched for "replace every single airplane in America with a train" but it didn't find anything. Weird.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

No way in hell a train could've gotten us from Vegas to central Washington in less time than it took to drive, and certainly many times slower than flying, even with a layover at SeaTac.

Yeah well you couldn't have sailed either so fuck boats I guess.

• Haha 1
  • True 2

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Yeah well you couldn't have sailed either so fuck boats I guess.

The wife and I did a river cruise on the Rhine, and man, it was a delightful experience. The complete opposite of the C-level Vegas-on-a-boat of ocean cruises (which can still be fun).

51 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The wife and I did a river cruise on the Rhine, and man, it was a delightful experience. The complete opposite of the C-level Vegas-on-a-boat of ocean cruises (which can still be fun).

I have done the same (on the Rhine, and other ones) and it was excellent. I still prefer staying longer in places than cruises allow, but European cruises (Viking or otherwise) are so much better, and more exploratory, than the sad Vegas on a boat ones (which, of course, a majority of Americans prefer given their lack of general intellectual curiosity).

• True 1

I did a riverboat cruise on the Danube through Vienna. It would have been great had I not gotten seasick. The boat wasn't even rocking! It was the gentle glide and the moving scenery that did me in. I would do it again if I didn't get seasick. It was otherwise lovely. 

• Hugs 1

11 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I have done the same (on the Rhine, and other ones) and it was excellent. I still prefer staying longer in places than cruises allow, but European cruises (Viking or otherwise) are so much better, and more exploratory, than the sad Vegas on a boat ones (which, of course, a majority of Americans prefer given their lack of general intellectual curiosity).

Yeah, the longer time in port plus the more history focused tours, and the general calm of floating down a beautiful river…would much rather that than an ocean cruise.

15 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I did a riverboat cruise on the Danube through Vienna. It would have been great had I not gotten seasick. The boat wasn't even rocking! It was the gentle glide and the moving scenery that did me in. I would do it again if I didn't get seasick. It was otherwise lovely. 

That’s so interesting. We did the River option at the suggestion of my uncle who is a travel agent because my wife gets suuuper seasick on ocean cruises, and she never felt bad on our river cruise.

Their Flights Canceled, Southwest Travelers Were Threatened With Arrest

29xp-nashville-01-1-dcc4-facebookJumbo-v
NYTI.MS

A police officer at Nashville International Airport told travelers whose Southwest flights had been canceled that they would be arrested for trespassing if they did not leave a secure area, a video...

There's another video floating around where a woman who identifies herself as a lawyer asks him what law he's telling them to leave under and of course he can't. 

• 11 months later...