Remnant II (PS5/Xbox Series/PC) - update (04/18): "Invoker Archetype" reveal trailer

Commissar SFLUFAN

11 hours ago, stepee said:

This game seems super cool from what I’ve played of it - probably a bit too hard for me but fantastic mechanics 

don’t feel ashamed to put the game on the easiest difficulty setting. Most Remnant vets recommend it for starting out or if using a new archetype. Difficulties are very build dependent. Once you level up some weapons and archetypes a bit, the lowest difficulty will start to feel too easy. 

• Halal 1

22 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Game is easier with a friend or two as well. 

to a point. The game does scale things up the more people you add. The game often adds more enemies, increases enemy health, increases enemy damage, increases the amount of elite enemies, and makes enemies more aggressive. 

My friends and I were having a heck of a time on the final boss of the DLC and when one friend dropped out the next try at the fight was significantly easier with all these changes noticed from the absence of just 1 person. 

The biggest benefit of having at least 1 other person is you have somebody that can pick you up if you get downed, so you don’t have to start an area or boss fight over. It is fun co-op. 

• True 1

49 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Both games supports Play Anywhere, so if you own it on Xbox, you own it on PC now too.

Nice little addition, with cross saves as well.

oh that is nice. I just wish it has cross play from PC to Xbox, so I could play with a good frame rate and without FSR smearing everything. lol 

are you sure? I can’t find anything else saying it or the first game have cross saves or are part of play anywhere. Maybe Xbox.com hasn’t been updated yet. 

On 11/30/2023 at 12:56 PM, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

oh that is nice. I just wish it has cross play from PC to Xbox, so I could play with a good frame rate and without FSR smearing everything. lol 

are you sure? I can’t find anything else saying it or the first game have cross saves or are part of play anywhere. Maybe Xbox.com hasn’t been updated yet. 

Well I've never bought either game on Windows PC and it says I own both.

I saw some people on Twitter saying they had cross save between their xbox save and the new PC install.  I can test it later.

On 12/1/2023 at 4:05 PM, JPDunks4 said:

Well I've never bought either game on Windows PC and it says I own both.

I saw some people on Twitter saying they had cross save between their xbox save and the new PC install.  I can test it later.

yeah I noticed the Xbox app on the PC has both games under my “owned” games. They are still the only two that don’t list “play anywhere” as a feature. So maybe that just hasn’t been visually updated yet. 

have you tried if the cross save works? 

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah that was a tough one... I can't imagine trying to coordinate that with two people.

Yeah it took us probably about 15 tries. Most of that was trial and error though trying to memorize the cube movement pattern. We divided the sides and he took the right while I took the left. Once we were able to get a feel for the patterns on our cubes we were able to get through it.

• Halal 1

11 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

yeah I noticed the Xbox app on the PC has both games under my “owned” games. They are still the only two that don’t list “play anywhere” as a feature. So maybe that just hasn’t been visually updated yet. 

have you tried if the cross save works? 

From Gunfire Games Twitter

Seeing some confusion about the Gamepass version of Remnant II. Quick facts:
- Cloud saves between Windows Store(Gamepass)/Xbox work.
- Purchases between Xbox and Windows Store Version are shared, purchase DLC on one, works on both
- Crossplay between Windows Store and Xbox works

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

11 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

- Purchases between Xbox and Windows Store Version are shared, purchase DLC on one, works on both

I’ve been able to prove everything except cross play, but it looks promising. Man, like immediately the game looked so better than on Series X. Like right from the character select. :shock: 
probably helps that the game has DLSS and defaulted my system to using Performance mode with everything on ultra at 4K. 

PSA: the game doesn’t recognize you own the DLC until you redownload it specifically. Gameplay, HUD, and other settings do not carry over from platform to platform. 

Ok, so I can confirm that cross play works. All of that works. Something interesting is it seems if a person drops due to a game crash it no longer showed the game unjoinable to the person that dropped. Necessitating the host (me) restart to game too just so the person could rejoin. This was common enough that it happened at least once a play session with my friends. But didn’t happen last night. So either they fixed it across the board or it isn’t an issue hosting a session on PC. 

so better late than never and I’m glad for a Nightmare run and the next DLCs I can play it this way. I can’t wait to see more of the game without Vaseline smeared all over the screen. lol It feels like I upgraded to the next gen remastered version. 

• Hype 1

• 2 weeks later...

My friend and I beat the final boss on Nightmare. It felt like beating our heads against a wall, but then we just had this great run. It wasn’t perfect, but yet felt pretty clean. We both just got so much better and dodging and avoiding nearly everything, and I leaned hard into being a healer to keep health regen going for the rare times we did take a hit. Next we gotta run through Apocalyptic. 

• Halal 1

On 12/3/2023 at 10:35 PM, JPDunks4 said:

Does that mean it doesn't have cross play with PS5?

13 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I have two questions about this game:

1. Does anyone find it pretty good single player? 

2. would you say KB/M is significantly preferable? 

I’m really interested in it but I don’t think I can talk any buddies into playing it consistently with me. 

Besides one mission, I played it entirely single player. You can play it either way and because of the randomly generated levels and bosses, you could do a run solo on one character and co-op with another and have two different experiences especially if you choose different classes for each playthrough. I can't answer your question about Keyboard and Mouse because I played it on console with a controller and it was fine. I actually don't see how playing with a Keyboard and mouse would be significantly better but I don't play games that way. Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Besides one mission, I played it entirely single player. You can play it either way and because of the randomly generated levels and bosses, you could do a run solo on one character and co-op with another and have two different experiences especially if you choose different classes for each playthrough. I can't answer your question about Keyboard and Mouse because I played it on console with a controller and it was fine. I actually don't see how playing with a Keyboard and mouse would be significantly better but I don't play games that way. Hope that helps.

Did you enjoy the game?

I had just heard that some boss mechanics could be frustrating on a controller but I obv am in the dark on if that is accurate or not. 

13 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I have two questions about this game:

1. Does anyone find it pretty good single player? 

2. would you say KB/M is significantly preferable? 

I’m really interested in it but I don’t think I can talk any buddies into playing it consistently with me. 

I always play with an Xbox controller. Truth be told the learning curve for switching to a Kb&M setup is a bit steep. I feel like I’ve never played games before. lol 

the game is definitely playable solo. 

So I finally talked my friends into going into Apocalyptic difficulty. It’s harder than Nightmare, sure, but so far not as hard as I thought it would be. So far we have adapted pretty well. We are ready to jump into a second world now. Several boss attacks are noticeably faster, which for some has strangely made them easier to time and dodge.  

On 11/18/2023 at 10:17 AM, Remarkableriots said:

This is AWESOME! :lol::rofl:

I just had to reread how to get those as my friends and I have now made it to the Root Earth and not received our 3 orange slice and participation medal. 

turns out you get them if you die to a mini boss or world boss too much. I guess we don’t suck enough to get them. :(

:p 

Apocalyptic hasn’t been that bad up to this point. No worse than any other play through, except where I tried to start the game on the second difficulty … that felt impossible.   

2 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

How do you get better gear in this game? Still rolling with the same basic shit I started the game with. I have some rings equipped that up my armor rating a tad but basic bitch enemies are starting to do a lot of damage. 

you can find armor hidden around the game. There’s also a mute NPC in Ward-13 that sells other armor too. just remember that better armor is relative as when armor increases so does weight making rolling slower with less I-frames. Depending on your archetypes and play style that may not be best for you. 

if you just want the tankiest armor, there’s armor hidden in

Ward 13 that is only accessible from the Labyrinth.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Gunfire Games' subversive sequel was our favourite shooter of the year.

A confident sequel that not only improves on every aspect of its predecessor, but takes huge strides forward in both looting and shooting, Remnant 2 was a huge surprise. 

• Thanks 1

WWW.ROCKPAPERSHOTGUN.COM

Liam and I discover the thrill of cheating bosses in looter shooter Remnant 2.

Liam and I have been playing looter shooter Remnant 2 in our spare time, as we realised we both couldn't stop thinking about it. Having been burned out of Destiny 2 and most live service games, we discovered Remnant 2 delivers all the benefits of blasting gangly creatures for skill points without all the live service baggage. What a refreshing thing.

The thing is, if two out of the three major bosses we've faced so far took us to court for cheesing them, we'd lose. And it brings us no greater pleasure, knowing we've carved powerful new weapons out of their remains. God, it feels good to be totally undeserving of any credit whatsoever.

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Having been burned out of Destiny 2 and most live service games, we discovered Remnant 2 delivers all the benefits of blasting gangly creatures for skill points without all the live service baggage. What a refreshing thing

boy that’s the truth. Scratches a similar itch, mainly in coop, and without the bs of a live service model. 

We just got through something called The Chimney last night. It was actually kind of a cheese, though. He died early and I was going a pretty good job of getting down to the bottom dodge-rolling past everything, but I died right as the crystal was hitting the bottom and when we respawned it sayed the quest was completed. So we just walked to the bottom and collected our reward lol.

I'll take anything I can get in this game. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

We just got through something called The Chimney last night. It was actually kind of a cheese, though. He died early and I was going a pretty good job of getting down to the bottom dodge-rolling past everything, but I died right as the crystal was hitting the bottom and when we respawned it sayed the quest was completed. So we just walked to the bottom and collected our reward lol.

I'll take anything I can get in this game. 

I remember that mission. Sounds liek you just barely made it to the bottom... all you have to do is get to the bottom of that area. Something similar happened with me the first time I did it.