Forza Horizon 4 | Official Thread of Motoring Across Dear Old Blighty

AbsolutSurgen

10 minutes ago, Moa said:

This game has SO MUCH content. I finally dipped my head into PVP and it was surprisingly fun. Far fewer people started the game in reverse than I expected and I was able to hold my own better than I had anticipated. 

You guys are talking like you have a lot of money, but I find myself more or less constantly poor. How are you getting up to 10 mil when most races are netting like 5k?

Also, I'm starting to understand tuning and am watching videos on car recommendations for each class. It is shocking how much the horse matters for the course. I am running away against the AI with my S1 2008 Viper.

with VIP status we get double money payout, but also I have raced a crapload. I've spent a friggin fortune buying all but one house...actually I found a hidden hunting house in the woods today that I didn't know about and bought that one, but I still need to buy the last 10 million dollar house. You also can get a ton of money from the wheelspins. Haven't tried the PVP yet but I've pretty much tried or completed all the single player aspects of the game. Still have a ton of stuff I need to 3 star. The only thing I've 100% completed is the speed traps. 

Heads up today is the last day before the Forzathon weekly challenge reset. I'm in the middle of doing the Win 3 Road Sprint races but didn't k ow it was bugged. I kept winning Sprint races with the 92 Honda NSX-R with it tuned to S1 and wasn't getting credit. Upon looking for answers at the Forzamotorsport forums it looks like a stock NSX will make it work and low and behold it did. So I'm on the 3 race I have to win then I have to finish the last chapter.

I'd been debating getting an XBONE controller for the trigger feedback, but decided it wasn't worth replacing my perfectly fine 360 controller for it. Fortunately, after years of excellent service, my 360 controller has finally shat the bed, so I can get those fancy triggers guilt free.

5 minutes ago, Moa said:

I'd been debating getting an XBONE controller for the trigger feedback, but decided it wasn't worth replacing my perfectly fine 360 controller for it. Fortunately, after years of excellent service, my 360 controller has finally shat the bed, so I can get those fancy triggers guilt free.

Oh you will definitely notice the difference when it comes to handling your cars. You get a better sense of when you need to lay off the gas because your losing traction or pump the brakes because they will lock up. Also the Xbox One controller just feels better. You will notice the upgrade in just about every area.

1 hour ago, Moa said:

The XB1 controller is almost a requirement for getting good lap times in Forza MS 7.

But I agree with @The def star, the rumble triggers are the best (only?) feedback that your rear tires are losing traction under acceleration, or you are locking up your brakes.  They make a big difference.

1 hour ago, Moa said:

These triggers is dope. 

Is there any good resource for figuring out which cars are the best for each class? I want to have a competitive stable for when I go online. 

As far as best that all subjective because with a good tune you can pretty much make every car fun to drive. My personal favorite so far has been the 2017 Acura NSX. Car just feels good. Not sure if I left it stock or bought it tuned but it's currently S1 850 with all wheel drive and have maxed out it's car mastery.

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I could swear I've won several Offroad races yet my weekly Forzathon still says 0/3.

The trick is it has to be in an "Offroad" vehicle. Not an "Extreme Offroad" or "Retro Offroad" but a plain ol' Offroad vehicle. You can filter out the car to only show Offroad in your garage. Also they have to be Cross Country series races which are the green icons on the map.

3 hours ago, mikechorney said:

Getting the 7M skill points points was a pain.  I played for a bit on the weekend and was at 5M -- logged on last night and the number had reset!   I played for 2 hours last night, and only actually did 2 races!

Still, it is just so much f'ing fun to drive around in this world.  

Hell yeah the number reset. I think I last left if with it at 2 million only to come back yesterday for it be down to 80k. So I got it back up to 2M and plan to finish it today. I unlock skill songs to double the amount of points I get. I didn't know you had to buy the house in the forest for them to start popping up.

3 hours ago, The def star said:

Hell yeah the number reset. I think I last left if with it at 2 million only to come back yesterday for it be down to 80k. So I got it back up to 2M and plan to finish it today. I unlock skill songs to double the amount of points I get. I didn't know you had to buy the house in the forest for them to start popping up.

Yes helped quite a bit.  I used the Raptor, with a base max of 5.0 multiplier, which skill song made 10.0.  I spent my time doing drifts in fields with small trees/low fences -- so I could slide sdeways into them (to max the number of Wrecking Ball, Sideswipe (sp?), Lumberjack and Ultimate Drift/E-Drift skills).

6 hours ago, The def star said:

Well @mikechorney looks like I won't be doing the weekly. It has reset on me 3 times already :|

I forced myself to do it in one sitting.  Only took about an hour -- plus I ended up with tons of skill points.  I think I had about 120 sitting unspent at one point.

I was getting frustrated with one of the dailies -- that was to get 3 "trading paint".  Sounds easy, but every time I was racing, I couldn't seem to get one.  And there was NO traffic in the open world.  I drove for almost an hour without seeing a SINGLE NPC car.  I toggled off "Horizon Life" and traffic just appeared around me -- literally materialized around me.  Very strange.  Took me about 30 seconds to get my 3 trading paint skills.

9 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

the 7 mill? It's not that hard to do, but it is annoying that it resets

Yeah it's not hard but there have been a 2 time where I'm doing a skill songs and I raked up like 200k worth points and it just disappears which is weird. It happen when I hit one of those solar panels but that doesn't stop me. It's supposed to count as wreckage points but it just made my skill score vanish. It didn't do the animation where you hit a tree it was just gone. It's just tedious.

1 hour ago, The def star said:

Yeah it's not hard but there have been a 2 time where I'm doing a skill songs and I raked up like 200k worth points and it just disappears which is weird. It happen when I hit one of those solar panels but that doesn't stop me. It's supposed to count as wreckage points but it just made my skill score vanish. It didn't do the animation where you hit a tree it was just gone. It's just tedious.

yeah the solar panels will reset you depending on which direction you hit them from. You don't need to get the 7 mil all at once, just need to rack up 7 million total before logging off

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

yeah the solar panels will reset you depending on which direction you hit them from. You don't need to get the 7 mil all at once, just need to rack up 7 million total before logging off

I finally did it. I haven't been able to play a lot in one sitting because of work but I just decided that I wasnt gonna log off until I got it :p

WTF had to the rumble in this game? Playing today and it feels like the rumble feature has been dialed down by like 90%. Thought perhaps my controller was dying, which happened with the inane rumble that was in Rallisport back in the day, so I tried a new controller I had that I'd never used and the rumble still seems to be almost absent. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a sudden change? 

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

WTF had to the rumble in this game? Playing today and it feels like the rumble feature has been dialed down by like 90%. Thought perhaps my controller was dying, which happened with the inane rumble that was in Rallisport back in the day, so I tried a new controller I had that I'd never used and the rumble still seems to be almost absent. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a sudden change? 

I'll check when I get home but you can also adjust the rumble in the settings. Did somehow they get changed for you?

3 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

found it, but there is no way I accidently got to this screen and changed the setting....adjusted it and got it stronger but it still doesn't feel like it has

Just got home to test it out and it feels the same to me. Have you tried hard booting the Xbox? Maybe something is messed up where it's not sending a proper signal to the controller?

On 10/2/2018 at 5:13 PM, EternallDarkness said:

So I am now lvl 102 (saw a dude who was 195 already!!!)

got the achievement for driving on all the roads, though the last road I got credit for said I'd discovered 529/531 so I am not sure how I got them all 

Aside from the forzathon missions I still haven't really played any online yet

That can easily be influence farming from mixer (I've been doing it myself). 

I don't get how some of you have so much money. I've played a bit and even with all the spins from mixer farming I still have only about 6mm. But...

1) I haven't sold any cars.

2) I have spent 1mm on cars - 500k was an accident...unlocking a barn find early...pissed me off

3) Tunes

4) One house - 750k but made the money back from super spins

Otherwise, I can't imagine how long it will take me to unlock all the houses at this point.