Forza Horizon 4 | Official Thread of Motoring Across Dear Old Blighty

AbsolutSurgen

10 minutes ago, The def star said:

Ha ha luckily in this game you don't have to stick to the roads all that well. 

Is there a way to make steering looser?  I feel like I am over steering which is causing me to skid sideaways then I overreact in my correction and start skidding the other way. 

56 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Is there a way to make steering looser?  I feel like I am over steering which is causing me to skid sideaways then I overreact in my correction and start skidding the other way. 

If you go to settings in the pause menu and then into control settings hit "X" to bring up the Advance controllers menu. Several steering settings you can adjust. Hopefully it helps with what you need.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I would turn on assists as well -- particularly ABS, traction control and stability control.  These will help at the beginning (they slow an experienced player down, but are great for new racers.)

Upgrade your tires on your car -- that will help dramatically with taking corners without losing grip.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Get good

:p 

Get a car that doesn’t oversteer: mid engine and rear wheel drive.

34 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Get good

:p 

Get a car that doesn’t oversteer: mid engine and rear wheel drive.

I joined Day One Patch Racing, deleted the other one!

I find that using a controller i hold the left {steer} stick up and then steer using smaller movements, unless the road require it to be more of course. I find this makes it less touchy and thus less over-steer, at least to me. Having it just in the middle and rocking it left and right for the most part cause me to turn to much!

Had some fun last night helping everyone get past that long tutorial section :p Played with @BasemntDweller2 along with@Boyle5150 and @kittykat who had a pretty good rivalry going on...even though WE WERE ON THE SAME TEAM! :lol:@EternallDarkness helped me find the damn 007 event which isn't even marked as the 007 event. Man that thing is brutal. The Aston Martin handles like ass on gravel. Hopefully we can get another Convoy going by this weekend. 

Holy shit am I enjoying this game but whos bright idea was it not to include a qualifying lap. If the 1 spot gets an early lead in short multi-lap race everyone behind them jockeying for position can put you in a spot where all you can do is hope the 1 spot screws up which almost never happens at higher levels.

2 hours ago, The def star said:

I was gonna buy the Bently Forzathon edition for 300 FP but Instead got the Porsche for 150FP. So I didn't have enough to buy the Bently. I noticed that I had a few wheel spins and on my first wheel spun I ended up winning that exact Bently Forzathon edition :lol: talk about luck of the draw @EternallDarkness

I have 700 forzathon points waiting for the new stuff tomorrow but I've also bought a couple of super spins and at least 25 regular spins, but that's a damn lucky spin

16 hours ago, The def star said:

Had some fun last night helping everyone get past that long tutorial section :p Played with @BasemntDweller2 along with@Boyle5150 and @kittykat who had a pretty good rivalry going on...even though WE WERE ON THE SAME TEAM! :lol:@EternallDarkness helped me find the damn 007 event which isn't even marked as the 007 event. Man that thing is brutal. The Aston Martin handles like ass on gravel. Hopefully we can get another Convoy going by this weekend. 

It was definitely a good time! 

I have a wheel in storage right now, but I honestly, lazily, and time-wise just don't feel like setting it up.

I suck on the controller, but I will try and fool with the settings  on the controller.

I've gamed once in almost two months (Uncharted 4)...not upset, just wish I could find the time.

46 minutes ago, The def star said:

New Forzathon weekly challenge is up and the Rare car up in the store is the 1984 Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 For za Edition for 300FP along with a common 2017 Ferrari 812 for 200FP. Time to start earning that money!

Already had the Peugeot, did the weekly challenges and the new daily ones. My new skill bonus record is over 1.5 million...but what sucks is that you max out at filling 10 of those bonus wheels no matter how high you get your bonus score. And I am almost at 10 million bucks, can't afford the castle yet, but I'm getting there. 

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

Already had the Peugeot, did the weekly challenges and the new daily ones. My new skill bonus record is over 1.5 million...but what sucks is that you max out at filling 10 of those bonus wheels no matter how high you get your bonus score. And I am almost at 10 million bucks, can't afford the castle yet, but I'm getting there. 

Have you made that Autumn danger jump? The seasonal distance is 749ft. I did one that was 735ft :angry: I messed up the rewind so now I have to get everything right to be able to pull it off. 

8 hours ago, BuckFly said:

I have a wheel in storage right now, but I honestly, lazily, and time-wise just don't feel like setting it up.

I suck on the controller, but I will try and fool with the settings  on the controller.

I've gamed once in almost two months (Uncharted 4)...not upset, just wish I could find the time.

Gotta make you some ME time brotha. 

• Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:01 PM, The def star said:

I was using the Acura Integra Type R that I have tuned to S2. The corner to get to the ramp at high speeds is a son of a bitch :lol:

so of them jumps are just insane...and finding a way to jump to some of the signs of roofs and such are even crazier...but it's so damn addictive. Up to 13 million :) and level 185 or 86

19 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

so of them jumps are just insane...and finding a way to jump to some of the signs of roofs and such are even crazier...but it's so damn addictive. Up to 13 million :) and level 185 or 86

Finally did the Autumn danger sign with the Pagani speced out at X class. Damn it was harder than it was supposed to be :p

42 minutes ago, kittykat said:

Daaamn you ain't messing around! I thought my level 45 and 2 million credits was something to brag about ?. I need to put more hours in. I have went back to GTA the last couple of days except for when @Boyle5150 needs me on co-op to win his races for him. 

Only when you crash me into a wall. 

4 hours ago, kittykat said:

Daaamn you ain't messing around! I thought my level 45 and 2 million credits was something to brag about ?. I need to put more hours in. I have went back to GTA the last couple of days except for when @Boyle5150 needs me on co-op to win his races for him. 

yeah I've put an some insane play time with this sucker, now at level 13 (once you hit 200 you are gold and the levels start over) I think I still have 3 houses to buy. One that is 1.5 mil, one that is 10 mil, and the 15 mil castle. I bought a 2 mil house that allows you to fast travel to anywhere on the map. I have about 14.5 mil still waiting to be spent and my car collection is up to around 230

• Like 1

This game has SO MUCH content. I finally dipped my head into PVP and it was surprisingly fun. Far fewer people started the game in reverse than I expected and I was able to hold my own better than I had anticipated. 

You guys are talking like you have a lot of money, but I find myself more or less constantly poor. How are you getting up to 10 mil when most races are netting like 5k?

Also, I'm starting to understand tuning and am watching videos on car recommendations for each class. It is shocking how much the horse matters for the course. I am running away against the AI with my S1 2008 Viper.