Forza Horizon 4 | Official Thread of Motoring Across Dear Old Blighty

AbsolutSurgen

1 hour ago, AndyD said:

That can easily be influence farming from mixer (I've been doing it myself). 

I don't get how some of you have so much money. I've played a bit and even with all the spins from mixer farming I still have only about 6mm. But...

1) I haven't sold any cars.

2) I have spent 1mm on cars - 500k was an accident...unlocking a barn find early...pissed me off

3) Tunes

4) One house - 750k but made the money back from super spins

Otherwise, I can't imagine how long it will take me to unlock all the houses at this point. 

haven't sold any cars either, though I should,. Some cars I have 4 or 5 of from stupid repeat wheelspin wins

1 hour ago, AndyD said:

I don't get how some of you have so much money. I've played a bit and even with all the spins from mixer farming I still have only about 6mm. But...

2) I have spent 1mm on cars - 500k was an accident...unlocking a barn find early...pissed me off

3) Tunes

Otherwise, I can't imagine how long it will take me to unlock all the houses at this point. 

You can get free money for going to forzamotorsport.net Just log in and redeem your rewards for your Forza rank. I'm currently tier 10. You move up in tiers the more things you accomplished in past and current Forza games. I just claimed 300k last night and it gets renewed everytime every week or so. I have probably already redeemed like 2-3mill just by doing that. 

2 hours ago, AndyD said:

3) Tunes

The castles are meant to be a grind.  Get VIP. It gets you a ton of extra super wheel spins, and double cash on races. Most of the cheaper houses have been break even for me, after the rewards from super wheel spins. 

TBH, I’m not sure I have bought more than 1 car total. All from spins or the free cars (James Bond pack,etc. )

3 hours ago, The def star said:

You can get free money for going to forzamotorsport.net Just log in and redeem your rewards for your Forza rank. I'm currently tier 10. You move up in tiers the more things you accomplished in past and current Forza games. I just claimed 300k last night and it gets renewed everytime every week or so. I have probably already redeemed like 2-3mill just by doing that. 

did not know that. logged in and I am only at tier 6 :( 

Hey is anyone else getting their Weekly Challenge Forzathon Skill Score randomly reset? I racked up 400k skill points earlier today, then saw I still had that much when I booted it up and started driving again. Now I check it and I'm back down to 120k.  WTF. :angry:

How the hell do they expect us to get to 2 mil if it keeps resetting itself?

21 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Hey is anyone else getting their Weekly Challenge Forzathon Skill Score randomly reset? I racked up 400k skill points earlier today, then saw I still had that much when I booted it up and started driving again. Now I check it and I'm back down to 120k.  WTF. :angry:

How the hell do they expect us to get to 2 mil if it keeps resetting itself?

Yeah I posted about it last week when I was doing the 7million weekly challenge :angry: Reset on me 4 times. If you switch cars, change tunes or something I can't think of it will reset. Best bet is to do it all in one sitting. 

21 hours ago, mikechorney said:

The castles are meant to be a grind.  Get VIP. It gets you a ton of extra super wheel spins, and double cash on races. Most of the cheaper houses have been break even for me, after the rewards from super wheel spins. 

TBH, I’m not sure I have bought more than 1 car total. All from spins or the free cars (James Bond pack,etc. )

Yeah I noticed that.  Some are silly though - one house for 250k had several super spins but then a 350k had only a regular

2 hours ago, mikechorney said:

Whoa the update is today? Can't wait. Compared to previous Forza Horizon it was smart adding daily and weekly challenges as that gets me to check I. Daily and do an event or two while trying to complete the challenges. Glad they are adding more story elements to the game. The video game story thing was a blast to go through. Love all the Easter egg and dialog while doing it g each car.

1 hour ago, The def star said:

Whoa the update is today? Can't wait. Compared to previous Forza Horizon it was smart adding daily and weekly challenges as that gets me to check I. Daily and do an event or two while trying to complete the challenges. Glad they are adding more story elements to the game. The video game story thing was a blast to go through. Love all the Easter egg and dialog while doing it g each car.

Apparently. 

I dislike the updates because they seem to wipe out my graphics settings -- and I have to go and re-change them all over again.

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

plenty of people will be unhappy to see that VIP exploit patched. I never did it, but I'll admit the idea of free superspins was tempting, but I also don't like cheating, I'll just keep grinding away to get everything

Eh I get enough super spins as is. They lose their appeal when you have unlimited. Other than certain cosmetics I can buy almost everything I want.

13 minutes ago, The def star said:

Eh I get enough super spins as is. They lose their appeal when you have unlimited. Other than certain cosmetics I can buy almost everything I want.

I agree, half the fun of the game is working for the various things, though I so wish that once you win a car it would be taken out of ration on the wheel because there are some cars I've won 5 or 6 times. 

Just now, EternallDarkness said:

I agree, half the fun of the game is working for the various things, though I so wish that once you win a car it would be taken out of ration on the wheel because there are some cars I've won 5 or 6 times. 

Yeah I was wondering about that. Luckily in this game you can resell your cars right? I remember it was either Forza horizon 2 or maybe Motorsports 5 or 6 where you couldn't resell your cars which sucked because you could in earlier games. 

1 minute ago, The def star said:

Yeah I was wondering about that. Luckily in this game you can resell your cars right? I remember it was either Forza horizon 2 or maybe Motorsports 5 or 6 where you couldn't resell your cars which sucked because you could in earlier games. 

I don't know if you can straight sell your cars or if you need to put them in the auction house. haven't looked into that, though I ought to. I have 400+ cars and should probably clean out my duplicates. 

10 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

I don't know if you can straight sell your cars or if you need to put them in the auction house. haven't looked into that, though I ought to. I have 400+ cars and should probably clean out my duplicates. 

Ok I looked it up and you can sell your car but through the auction house.