Forza Horizon 4 | Official Thread of Motoring Across Dear Old Blighty

AbsolutSurgen

• 4 weeks later...

Seek your fortune in the most treacherous Horizon expansion yet, where you will conquer extreme terrain, lightning storms, and perilous roads in search of hidden treasure. Embark on a new campaign, solve Treasure Hunt riddles, and carve your own path in new Trailblazer PR Stunts. Tackle the island’s twisting mountain switchbacks, ocean cliffside roads and rough terrain in 10 exciting new cars including the 2019 Lamborghini Urus, 2017 Ram Rebel TRX Concept and the 2018 BMW M5. Earn 24 Achievements and 500 GS.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My local save is corrupted.  And when it sync'd up with the cloud it corrupted my cloud save.  Support is saying they cannot recover "lost progress" -- however they are giving me some wheelspins and credits.

Looks like I need to see how old my Xbox save is....  It looks like I may not even play the last DLC...

• 2 months later...

Thanks to Gamepass I'm checking out some games that I never bothered to pick up, so I gave FH4 a shot last night for a couple hours. As a brief preface, I don't think I've put any real time into a "pure" racing game since Gran Turismo on the PS3, and even that one I didn't get too into. I played some of the OG Forza on the Xbox, and while I might have played some of the sequel, it wasn't for long.

Given that, I was freaking blown away by FH4. The graphics look great in 4K HDR on the One X (I haven't tried the performance option yet), but I really loved how it just gets to it. The opening sequence is amazing, and it wastes no time in showing you what the game can be. Having an open world instead of a horrific menu system is great fun, and the variety of driving opportunities in the first hours is wonderful. I also really love the rewind feature. I obviously want to get good enough to not need it much, but it's such a good learning tool.

This is the first racing game I've played since I've actually driven on a race course (only for a few days in a 15' vette) and the first racing game since I started following motorsports (F1 mostly), so I'm trying to play in the cockpit view and I turned off traction control and ABS, though I'm leaving the racing line on. The instant rewind is so great at allowing me to be competitive while still very much learning how to drive in this game. It has me wanting a steering wheel after only a couple hours. I know most of my impressions are from having missed the boat for so long, but it was quite amazing to jump right into such a brilliant game.

I have no freaking clue what half the systems in the game are, but I'm glad the game doesn't make you learn all about them before just letting you play. The game just so desperately wants you to love cars and race as much as possible, it's wonderful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The def star said:

No DLC is part of Game Pass. It's just the base games unless it the GOTY version of the game. Devs have to make money some how.

Isn’t the new State of Decay 2 content in Xbox Game Pass? I just assumed all first party would be free on Game Pass

5 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Isn’t the new State of Decay 2 content in Xbox Game Pass? I just assumed all first party would be free on Game Pass

I suppose unless other wise stated DLC isn't on Game Pass. State of Decay would be the first. Maybe it will be a thing further down the line.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Not sure if @Keyser_Sozeis shocked that I enjoy this  more than 5 or if it's because I only (in about the last 2 or so weeks ... wait lemme look at TrueAchievements.com and ... oh wow only started it on the 16th of February) recently began this!? Either way, I'm somewhat ashamed it took me this long to hop aboard the series (silly being a "purist" and only wanting sim like racing that FM offers). It's so enjoyable, always a myriad of things to accomplish, do, obtain. A solid pick up & play title without too much of the FOMO that has permeated much of the gaming landscape in terms of GAAS.

• True 1