Forza Horizon 4 | Official Thread of Motoring Across Dear Old Blighty

AbsolutSurgen

2 hours ago, mikechorney said:

@The def star @EternallDarkness

Have either of you ran the final race yet?  It hasn't popped for me.  Not sure how to get it.  Based on the achievements, I'm guessing it is called the "Goliath"

run it a number of times, don't recall when it unlocked....but speaking of achievements, I've been screwed I've gotten all 15 of the barn finds but didn't get the achievement for it! It says I am at 93% for that achievement but that makes no sense as I've found and collected them all.

12 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Shouldnt be too hard since the race editor came out. The longer ones should give more Influence (i would assume)

Video I saw suggested it would take 3-4 hours of constantly running the Colossus to up my road racing from level 10 to 20.  This assumes I am using a car with a 20% bonus on influence rewards from races. 

2 hours ago, mikechorney said:

Video I saw suggested it would take 3-4 hours of constantly running the Colossus to up my road racing from level 10 to 20.  This assumes I am using a car with a 20% bonus on influence rewards from races. 

I'm at level 18 right now in my road racing. I did the Colossus yesterday but it didn't even go up by much. To be honest. I have just been playing regularly and got it to 18. I'm sure I'll have it in no time just by focusing on Road Racing events.

21 hours ago, The def star said:

I'm at level 18 right now in my road racing. I did the Colossus yesterday but it didn't even go up by much. To be honest. I have just been playing regularly and got it to 18. I'm sure I'll have it in no time just by focusing on Road Racing events.

I got to level 14 last night -- ran  the Colossus about 10 times in about an hour.  I suspect in another 1.5 hours (15 more times), I can unlock the Goliath

Using the McLaren Senna with the 20% influence boost in races on Expert difficulty.  Netting ~38k credits and ~13.5k influence on each 4:30 run... 

I generally don't like grinding, but I want to see the credits before I reduce my playtime on this game to 1-2 hours/week -- and try to get some other games off my backlog before the DLC comes out.

they put up the wrong hot wheels car in the forzathon shop for like 20 minutes this morning, anyone else snag the twin mill before they pulled it. I'm sure it will go up next week or the week after. I also need to see what the challenge is with the bone shaker so I can get the racing outfit. Knowing me it'll be something I can't complete, lol. 

glitchy today. Did the forzathon and then checked to make sure I got my points then did fast travel to an event only to end up with the game crashing me to xbox start up screen, reloaded and when the game started it put my in some random car, not the one I was driving at the time and when I checked my points, the ones I just won had been taken away. Then I was doing the bone crusher events and I got first place each time but half the time I was shown in second on the winner screen with the first place person having more points than had been awarded...such as I had 40 total points and the other person had 42 or I had 60 and the other person had 69!! WTF...but in the end after winning the event it did have me in first place...just some odd glitches, but at least I got my skeleton suit. :) 

2 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

glitchy today. Did the forzathon and then checked to make sure I got my points then did fast travel to an event only to end up with the game crashing me to xbox start up screen, reloaded and when the game started it put my in some random car, not the one I was driving at the time and when I checked my points, the ones I just won had been taken away. Then I was doing the bone crusher events and I got first place each time but half the time I was shown in second on the winner screen with the first place person having more points than had been awarded...such as I had 40 total points and the other person had 42 or I had 60 and the other person had 69!! WTF...but in the end after winning the event it did have me in first place...just some odd glitches, but at least I got my skeleton suit. :) 

I didn't know there is a skeleton suit :o

15 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

yeah you need to beat expert drivers doing the bone crusher races. I thought there was a regular racing suit somewhere too, but I haven't done everything yet. I need to see what the co-op challenge gives....then find someone to do it with :p 

Let me know if your interested to do the co op stuff. I have skipped the last 2 season cuz I do t like racing team games with randos because they bump me off the roads 90% of the time even though we're on the same team :angry:

Also I really should check the rewards for the seasonal stuff more often as I don't know if I have missed out on any other outfits :( Also when I try to do the bad to the bone event I don't have a car that can compete in it and can't buy one. It's a Hot wheel car it looks like.

EDIT: Saw that's it's in the Forzathon store.

35 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

This has to be a mistake. What if you dont have any Forzathon points? It would take you a week to earn enough to buy the car, but then youd miss the event lol.

Wouldn't take you a week. You get 30 Forzathon points for every Forzathon live. So you can get it in 8 hours. Plus you get FP for doing daily and weekly events.

7 hours ago, The def star said:

Wouldn't take you a week. You get 30 Forzathon points for every Forzathon live. So you can get it in 8 hours. Plus you get FP for doing daily and weekly events.

Even still, grinding like that to earn the money to buy a car to do a timed event isn't the direction this should be going.

As it was, i felt a bit robbed that i had 4 mil sitting around but had to use the FP i'd been saving just to do an event so i could earn a skeleton suit. I got gamed.

3 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Even still, grinding like that to earn the money to buy a car to do a timed event isn't the direction this should be going.

As it was, i felt a bit robbed that i had 4 mil sitting around but had to use the FP i'd been saving just to do an event so i could earn a skeleton suit. I got gamed.

Grinding to get times exclusive items isn't something you only do in Forza Horizon 4. All games do it. Destiny, Sea of Thieves, Overwatch, World of Worldcraft etc. FP are the carrot on the stick to get you to come back and check in to play the game to do daily challenges. When Autumn started I had 440 FP points saved. That's after I bought everything from Summer. I just checked and actually the car is 175 FP to buy. So If you played 2 hours yesterday and 1 hours today while finishing the daily and weekly challenges and doing Forzathon Lives you would have enough FP for it :p