Nvidia 4xxx Series - The Official Perennially Disappointing Hunt for More Power!

Mr.Vic20

Looking at the measurements I actually think I’ll be fine with this boat of a card. I think I’ll have jusssst enough space in all directions. I remember now that part of the reason that is, is because I already removed the hdd bracket from the case to get the current huge itself ftw3 card in.

• Halal 1

Just now, stepee said:

I’m wondering how the user tested dlss3 on a 2070 if it’s not out yet :P

I think they used the game ready driver and made an edit to the game file itself. So there is the patch and there is the driver for DLSS3. Basically, if I read this correctly, they forced DLSS 3? Not really sure honestly! 

Just now, Mr.Vic20 said:

I think they used the game ready driver and made an edit to the game file itself. So there is the patch and there is the driver for DLSS3. Basically, if I read this correctly, they forced DLSS 3? Not really sure honestly! 

Yeah, just something I would take with a hugggge grain of salt for many reasons until better examination. Not that I think it’s out of the realm of possibility, but that just isn’t legit enough for me to take seriously yet.

• True 1

Just now, Spork3245 said:

So I just read that using 3pin limits boost clock to 100% whereas 4pins allows 120%.

Hmmm, not sure what to make of that aside from my previous comment. A REVIEW of the product sure would be helpful in understand what we just bought, right?! :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brian said:

Glad everyone who wanted a card got one. I passed since I lack pretty much every other necessary computer part to build a PC.  I might just buy a pre-built pc and join the fun later in the year. 

Get one when I finally get an oled next year and we will both bask in peak gaming.

• Hugs 1

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

Get one when I finally get an oled next year and we will both bask in peak gaming.

Honestly, the new Mini LED from Sony, the X95K, is about 1:1 with the LG C2 in terms of picture quality and even black levels... except it's brighter and you don't have to worry about burn-in.

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Honestly, the new Mini LED from Sony, the X95K, is about 1:1 with the LG C2 in terms of picture quality and even black levels... except it's brighter and you don't have to worry about burn-in.

I'm tempted by that 55in Samsung ultrawide monitor now.

12 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I’ve looked at that one at Best Buy and it’s quite impressive! I’ve been thinking maybe a Sony QD-Oled but I will see what’s up in the spring.

10 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Man I'm bummed to hear that DLSS3 at 60fps doesn't really hold up imperceptibly.  DF is saying the threshold is 80fps.

Maybe something could be done to help a 60fps vsync be more convincing?

I bet they will figure it out with dlss3.2 or whatever. The good news is that nvidia has time to work on that before there is something that can’t run at least 60fps 4k/dlss2 on the 4090!

Not good for the 4080’s at launch though.

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’ve looked at that one at Best Buy and it’s quite impressive! I’ve been thinking maybe a Sony QD-Oled but I will see what’s up in the spring.

QD-OLED should make burn-in not a thing with OLEDs, but, it's still "theoretical" and I think LED is still brighter (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that). Also, QD-OLED is currently limited to 65" :sick:

I'm willing to go with an 8K non OLED IF the image quality is VERY close and if the feature set is matured. I went through 4 living room TVs to seetle on my current C9. I don't plan to make the same mistake with 8K. Also, it need to *only* be 65", as anything larger is silly for my arrangement. 

35 minutes ago, Brian said:

I might just buy a pre-built pc and join the fun later in the year. 

That's what I'm doing in the beginning of next-gen. I will obviously ask for advice here before making a purchase but since I'm a graphics whore it only makes sense I join the master race!

• Halal 2
  • Hugs 1