FATAL FRAME: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse | Coming March 9, 2023

Keyser_Soze

8 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Hmm, you liked Maiden of Black Water? What version did you play? 

I played on Wii U, but never finished. Wonder if the re-release is any better...?

I played the PC version (you remember they re-released this last year) that version is probably the version most people played.

5 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Oh yes I remember. Is it good on PC? Or mostly the same as Wii U? Did you play the Wii U version?

Yeah it's pretty good on PC. I remember they fixed some of the day one gripes like mouse controls for the camera. I did not play the Wii U version I never owned a Wii-U and my friends that did did not have Fatal Frame for it. :p

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah it's pretty good on PC. I remember they fixed some of the day one gripes like mouse controls for the camera. I did not play the Wii U version I never owned a Wii-U and my friends that did did not have Fatal Frame for it. :p

That’s fair. I’m in a very acute minority of people that actually bothered to get the game for Wii U. (Hey, if I got a 2TB external hard drive, I’m gonna make sure I make good use of it, damn it! :p )

• 1 month later...

I own this for the Wii - I tried it via the translation patch back when that was new.

Honestly I found Fatal Frame IV to be incredibly boring and dull, contrary to the hype I'd heard about the series. I was very disappointed with it. I dropped it around Chapter 3 or 4. Maybe it'd be worth revisiting someday... but it's not a very high priority for me.

• Thanks 1

• Keyser_Soze changed the title to FATAL FRAME: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse | Coming March 9, 2023

I don't know what it is... but if these games sold for about $20 I'd be all over them. The last Fatal Frame I played was Fatal Frame II on Xbox.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the hell out of it. But there's something about this series that just screamed "B-tier Resident Evil" and I know they're very different games. I've just always had a hard time buying them at full price. I've had Maiden of Blackwater on my Xbox wishlist for a while now and I think the lowest I've seen it was $30. Which I would pay if I wasn't a broke piece of shit. But I can swing a jackson if it came down to it.

Also... what's the order these go in?

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Don't get me wrong, I loved the hell out of it. But there's something about this series that just screamed "B-tier Resident Evil" and I know they're very different games.

Arguably (and maybe not even that) these are scarier than RE games. I had a friend who loved RE but I tried to get him to play this and he didn't last very long because he was so afraid of the first ghost, he would just snap away because he was so freaked out. :lol:

In any case the series goes

1, 2, 3, Lunar Eclipse ( this one), and Black Water (the one they brought out before this one :silly: ) that being said I don't think there is much continuity between them so it doesn't really matter the order you play them in.

I hear you on the price but $30 is a pretty good value for these. Maybe they will drop it sometime after this new one comes out.