Do you smoke/grow Marijuana

silentbob

I take it we have a few users here. I have been vaping for the past 5-6 months and it’s to help me sleep and relieve some pain. (Same for my mom and sister) Some strains I have tried work well/great and others just get me buzzed. With us Canadians making it legal in a months time I’m wondering if we have Canadians here who will be trying it for the first time or will be growing it themselves. I know some states also have made it “legal” and allow some to grow. So let’s see your plants if you grow and tell us why you use it and if you have some favourite strains. 

For me I’m an Indica/Hybrid guy and favs right now are Purple Urkle, Death Star, Black Gas, Cinderella 99 and Girl Scott Cookies.  Plus I have started my grow a bit early but can’t wait for them to flower and produce delicious smoke. Below is a Cinderella 99 clone I received 2 weeks ago and has just flourished after I trimmed her and put her in my grow tent. You can check my growing journey here that shows the other 7 strains I have on the go

YJw7hzi.jpg

kX8bRuZ.jpg

I recently got a medical card, which I used to get a little vape pen. It's a hybrid with ~70% THC, so it is strong as shit (one hit is all it really takes). Next I'm looking to get some lotion for the areas where I feel pain, and another vape pen with a higher CBD ratio (so I'm not zoinked out any time I want to relieve the pain).

I smoke it regularly. I have a portable vaporizer but only use it when I want to smoke in public. When at home I prefer to smoke the old fashioned way. I used to smoke cigs so something about actual smoke hitting my lungs feels nice.

My brother used to have a secret grow room in his house but he got so paranoid that he gave it all up after he sold his first harvest.

5 minutes ago, JosephManderley said:

Those of you who use it for pain, how effective is it?  I have destroyed my left hip and need a replacement.  In the mean time I am in constant pain, and use strong prescription painkillers.  I am sure these tablets are causing all sorts of harm and I want an alternative. 

It sort of works in two ways...Physically the pain is lessened, but not to a significant degree; mentally though, you literally just don’t care about the pain. Like an episode will hit me and I’ll think to myself, ‘I feel it, but I’m not going to let it bother me’ For me, that’s the part that helps the most. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Chris- said:

It sort of works in two ways...Physically the pain is lessened, but not to a significant degree; mentally though, you literally just don’t care about the pain. Like an episode will hit me and I’ll think to myself, ‘I feel it, but I’m not going to let it bother me’ For me, that’s the part that helps the most. 

That's similar to how my tablets work.  It's like I still feel the pain, but don't really care... 

14 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I have trouble keeping succulents alive.

I wish I could smoke or preferably, have the edibles, but I can't afford to lose my career, so I'll have to either wait for retirement or total legalization with an assurance we could consume it without fear of losing our licenses. 

Pretty much this.

4 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I've never done it, mostly because I've never had easy access. I'm totally down to blaze the sticky ganja tho, bra. 

It’s probably very easy to access and you just don’t know it yet. Download the app weedmaps and see what is available nearby. Most will probably be by delivery but you might have a few surprise storefronts. I have nothing in the storefront area in my town but to my surprise there are like 30-40 delivery services on the downlow. Nearby  town has like 10 storefronts in a 10 minute walking distance of everyone else

I use to have guys I worked with about 15 years ago at the theatre that would pretty much spend their entire pay check at a Burger King and other restaurants across the street from work. They would come into work, wonder where their money went and look into their pocket and just pull out receipt after receipt of fast food joints. 

Also happen to my uncle last year when working on an apartments drainage problem with some sinks. They were lighting up, came home and clean out the fridge of anything still edible.

Myself, I get them every now and then on certain strains and some actually make me NOT want to eat. Although those that give me the munchies, make chocolate taste so amazing :)