Forgotten prior gen (PS4/XB1) games

crispy4000

7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

#1 wasn't really forgotten. It had it it's time in the spotlight and was mostly left in the dust because it had horrendous netcode. I mean they released Baiken in the damn game as DLC last year. That's big stuff

I can't remember it ever being in the spotlight.  Other than being a silly game to put on Stadia.

Thanks for reminding me about Samurai Shodown and Song of the Deep, because those are a couple of games that I’ve been wanting to get but that I kind of forgot about.

Strange Brigade is a fun third person adventure shooter that while can be played single player is unfortunately designed to be played co-op making it almost mandatory to play with at least one other player. It upsets me when developers don’t balance the difficulty properly for solo play in co-op games. They shouldn’t even allow solo play in co-op games if they’re not going to adjust the difficulty accordingly for it, because it can be too challenging to get through a game solo that was designed to be played with multiple players in mind. I reached a boss in Strange Brigade that was clearly designed to be defeated with multiple players, and as much as I tried I couldn’t beat it solo so I had to quit playing.

3 hours ago, stepee said:

wtf is Murdered: Soul Suspect 

Only you and I know. ;)

38 minutes ago, Dre801 said:

People want to forget Agents of Mayhem.  They want to forget the game they were given instead of another Saints Row(jury is still out on the new one).

I think that the new Saints Row game is going to be really good, the story and characters might not be quite as strong as previous games but I think that the urban open world gameplay is going to be a lot of fun. I might even buy it on day one for full price, and I almost never do that with games anymore. But I’m a big Saints Row fan, and I’m really looking forward to the new one. I hope that it delivers.

• True 1

1 hour ago, Phaseknox said:

A game has to be known at some point to be forgotten. :p

It was known. Some of us just remember games that aren't just mario & zelda.

The whole story/history of Granzella Inc. and Disaster Report 4 almost not coming to market is an interesting story.

1 hour ago, chakoo said:

It was known. Some of us just remember games that aren't just mario & zelda.

Perhaps Kyoei Toshi was known in Japan, but it wasn’t here in America because it didn’t come out here. If it did then I would have bought it, because I’m a big Disaster Report fan.

1 hour ago, chakoo said:

spacer.png

Reveal hidden contents

I’ve been waiting for this one to drop to $20 to buy it.

1 hour ago, chakoo said:

spacer.png

Reveal hidden contents

I really like the Valkyria Chronicles games, but I heard that this is bad. Is it worth getting IYO?

1 hour ago, chakoo said:

This one is less obscure but sadly not bought enough by people.

maxresdefault.jpg

1448_game_gravityrush2_01.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

This game definitely deserved more attention than it received.

5 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

Perhaps Kyoei Toshi was known in Japan, but it wasn’t here in America because it didn’t come out here. If it did then I would have bought it, because I’m a big Disaster Report fan.

Just because a game didn't get localized doesn't mean it isn't known. :batting:

I’ve been waiting for this one to drop to $20 to buy it.

$29 good enough? Unless you find a use copy somewhere for cheap or you're looking for digital it's better to buy while you can still find a copy.

https://www.amazon.com/Sakura-Wars-PlayStation-4/dp/B084RLFBHM

I really like the Valkyria Chronicles games, but I heard that this is bad. Is it worth getting IYO?

I don't know sadly because it's still in my backlog. =/ I bought it for cheap years ago but haven't gotten around to it. I generally like VC offshoots for trying something (including Shining Ark/Blade on PSP that used the VC 2 engine).

7 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Here is another easy one (I need to go back and finish my save)

maxresdefault.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

This is in my PS4 backlog along with like 700 other games, I’ll get to it eventually... maybe. :p

• Halal 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2022 at 11:00 PM, chakoo said:

Here is another easy one (I need to go back and finish my save)

maxresdefault.jpg

Hide contents

Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise

I've had the demo for this one sitting on my PS4 for years.  Never played it.   I love the anime though.   I'm sure the full game is dirt cheap now.

6 hours ago, Dre801 said:

I've had the demo for this one sitting on my PS4 for years.  Never played it.   I love the anime though.   I'm sure the full game is dirt cheap now.

Digital goes on sale every so often, physical you’ll find less frequent due to age. The game is yakuza in a fist of the north star skin.