What backlogged games do you hope to beat in the second half of this year?

crispy4000

Piggybacking off @Phaseknox's thread, given that this this is a lighter year for releases.

Got a big list myself, but I'll keep it to the ones I'm confident I can get around to:

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Ori and the Will of the Wisps

✓ Call of the Sea
Mario & Rabbids 1 
Horizon Zero Dawn (if I can secure a PS5 this year)

• 2 weeks later...

I resurrected this topic because I'm pretty sure that my second half of the year is going to be primarily devoted to my far-too-extensive backlog, with the exceptions being God of War: Ragnarök and Company of Heroes 3.

While I can't say for absolute certain which ones I'll be able to get to, I'm currently playing Remnant: From the Ashes which I'm REALLY enjoying quite a bit and am genuinely surprised at the overall high quality of the voice acting and gameplay!  

I'm also SHAMELESSLY cheating my way through Sekiro : Shadows Die Twice -- AND ENJOYING THE HELL OUT OF DOING IT! -- because I'm too damned old and tired to actually "git gud" at the game! :p

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm currently playing Remnant: From the Ashes which I'm REALLY enjoying quite a bit and am genuinely surprised at the overall high quality of the voice acting and gameplay!

1 hour ago, crispy4000 said:

Are you playing Remnant solo?

Yes, I am!

I’m glad to hear that it can be enjoyed solo because I have it in my backlog and heard that it was designed to be played co-op, so I was concerned that it might not be a good solo experience for that reason.

I'm also SHAMELESSLY cheating my way through Sekiro : Shadows Die Twice -- AND ENJOYING THE HELL OUT OF DOING IT! -- because I'm too damned old and tired to actually "git gud" at the game! :p

I can totally relate. :lol:

54 minutes ago, stepee said:

My list is pretty huge so we will see what I get to. Some I really would like to fit in are Days Gone, Mass Effect Andromeda (i have an andromeda hoodie i wear all the time so i just gotta), AC Odyssey, and Batman Origins.

Days Gone, Mass Effect Andromeda and Assassin’s Creed Odyssey are some of my favorite third person open world games. However, I didn’t like Batman: Arkham Origins too much. It felt like a re-skin of Arkham City to me, and wasn’t as good IMO.

Just now, Phaseknox said:

I’m glad to hear that it can be enjoyed solo because I have it in my backlog and heard that it was designed to be played co-op, so I was concerned that it might not be a good solo experience for that reason.

Oh make no mistake - it's DEFINITELY designed to be played co-op through and through.

It's probably just case that my particular gaming sensibilities are able to overcome that in this instance...and it probably helps that I'm playing on the PC where I can cheat my way through parts that are overtly designed for co-op play.

18 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Oh make no mistake - it's DEFINITELY designed to be played co-op through and through.

It's probably just case that my particular gaming sensibilities are able to overcome that in this instance...and it probably helps that I'm playing on the PC where I can cheat my way through parts that are overtly designed for co-op play.

I usually do ok playing co-op games solo if they’re balanced for solo play, but sometimes they’re not which was the case with Borderlands 3 and Strange Brigade. I reached a point in them where they were obviously designed to be played co-op, and I couldn’t pass them solo. I was hoping that wouldn’t be the case with Remnant: From the Ashes, because I’ll be playing it on PS4 and won’t have the option to cheat my way through parts that are too difficult to pass solo.

1 minute ago, Phaseknox said:

I usually do ok playing co-op games solo if they’re balanced for solo play, but sometimes they’re not which was the case with Borderlands 3 and Strange Brigade. I reached a point in them where they were obviously designed to be played co-op, and I couldn’t pass them solo. I was hoping that wouldn’t be the case with Remnant: From the Ashes, because I’ll be playing it on PS4 and won’t have the option to cheat my way through parts that are too difficult to pass solo.

You should at least give it a shot as you're probably better than I am at getting past the difficulty spikes!

I'm currently playing Remnant: From the Ashes which I'm REALLY enjoying quite a bit and am genuinely surprised at the overall high quality of the voice acting and gamepla

Oh me @JPDunks4 and @ARZ played that to DEATH when it was out. Never did the DLC though. I assume you're playing on PC? This doesn't have crossplay right? it can be solo'd but it ain't easy at all. Great game though.

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Oh me @JPDunks4 and @ARZ played that to DEATH when it was out. Never did the DLC though. I assume you're playing on PC? This doesn't have crossplay right? it can be solo'd but it ain't easy at all. Great game though.

Yup - playing on the PC and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have cross-platform.

The solo play reminds me of the Vermintide games in that you can "theoretically" play solo, but you're gonna have a rough time of it! :p

9 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Yup - playing on the PC and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have cross-platform.

The solo play reminds me of the Vermintide games in that you can "theoretically" play solo, but you're gonna have a rough time of it! :p

That game may have been my GotY whatever year it came out, I enjoyed it that much.  Definitely the type of game I really dig.  I also bought it on PC but never really put a lot of time into it on there, a few other friends never bought it like initially planned.

I have had Far Cry 5 installed on my Xbox ever since it went live on Game Pass, but have yet to even launch it.  Hope to get to it.

Currently working my way through Metro Exodus

Maybe do a ME3 playthough.  I played through the first two of the Legendary Edition.

RE3 Remake.  Have done two playthroughs of RE2 Remake, but haven't touched this one.