Caillou is returning in a computer-animated reboot.

Fuck this little piece of shit show.

I had too babysit some 24yrs ago one summer for a week or 2. Can you guess what their little daughter liked to watch? Also Fuck You Teletoon Canada and never fucking changing the episodes for me at least. I swear they showed for the 10 days I babysat for, 3 episodes in total. Sometimes watched 3-4 times a day because they could also get the West Coast feed of (again Fuck You) TeleToon to watch him again.

Parents, please for the love of god don’t watch this shit, and go watch BLUEY. This show is actually pretty great and I love the little adult nods they get away with. If your kid has/needs to watch a bald headed kid cartoon. Get yourself an AppleTV account and watch Charlie Brown in the Snoopy Show. 

Having raised a child in the time of this original shows popularity I will say that Caillou, as a character, is a tool bag. My wife and I both loathed the fact that our son enjoyed watching this show and were very thrilled when he moved on from this crap to Daniel Tiger. Fuck. Caillou.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My daughter was raised on good old fashioned wholesome shows like The Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy, Courage The Cowardly Dog and Fosters. She also must have watched Scooby Do on Zombie island like maybe a thousand times. 

Also I know this makes me sound like a terrible parent but one of my fondest memories is me coming home at like 2 am on a Saturday Morning still high as kite, turning the TV on and its on Cartoon Network and playing Billy & Mandy. My daughter wakes up and we proceed to watch cartoons laughing our ass off for the next 2 hours until my wife wakes up and catches us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Having raised a child in the time of this original shows popularity I will say that Caillou, as a character, is a tool bag. My wife and I both loathed the fact that our son enjoyed watching this show and were very thrilled when he moved on from this crap to Daniel Tiger. Fuck. Caillou.  

I think the original concept was he was like a 3 year old cancer survivor or something?

5 hours ago, Jason said:

I think the original concept was he was like a 3 year old cancer survivor or something?

I wish the cancer had won. That show is chalk full of bad lessons on how to parent/raise a child. 

Caillou_Act52.jpg?fit=1170%2C838&ssl=1
CURRENT.ORG

"Pretty much everything on PBS is better than 'Caillou.'"

9 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I wish the cancer had won. That show is chalk full of bad lessons on how to parent/raise a child. 

CURRENT.ORG

Thank you. Caillou is awful and I don't understand who wants it to come back. I've watched a lot of PBS Kids programming. All of it, including the cancelled stuff, is better than Caillou. Daniel Tiger? Sesame Street? Pinkalicious? Alma's Way? Donkey Hodie? Peg + Cat? Nature Cat? Odd Squad? Ready Jet Go? Let's Go Luna? Arthur? Splash and Bubbles? Word Girl? Wild Kratts? Super Why? Curious George? Dinosaur Train? Elinor? Molly of Denali? Hero Elementary? Xavier Riddle? All of that is leagues better than Caillou. They teach better lessons, they teach them in more interesting ways, and they don't star little assholes. They're all a mix of live action, muppets, CG, and traditional animation. Kids don't care that much about the presentation.

I'd rather my son try to soar off the sofa watching PJ Mask than learn there are no consequences to being a brat like Caillou.

• True 1

8 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

CURRENT.ORG

I mean maybe I'm getting the specifics wrong but I remember that whatever it was, it was something that made it way way way more acceptable that Caillou is a little shit. Or that it took his behavior from making him look like a little shit to being age-appropriate behavior. Or something along those lines.

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

I mean maybe I'm getting the specifics wrong but I remember that whatever it was, it was something that made it way way way more acceptable that Caillou is a little shit. Or that it took his behavior from making him look like a little shit to being age-appropriate behavior. Or something along those lines.

Nope, sorry man. Go look it up. I've been down this rabbit hole before with other parents. He has no special condition by which his shit personality is validated. Regarding his hair, the series started with him as a baby, and when he got to the age that hair was normal they decided that adding hair to his head made him unrecognizable. This is according to the show runners:

Back-To-School-With-Our-Favorite-Caillou
WWW.THE-SUN.COM

CAILLOU is an educational children’s television series which began in 1997 and ended in 2010. The toddler is a fan favourite, encouraging viewers to follow him as he explores the world. …

42 minutes ago, Jason said:

Daniel Tiger is supposed to be the same age as Caillou. When Daniel or his friends are being little pricks, they sing a song about how that's not ok and what steps they can take to stop being little shits. Caillou is a little shit and it's treated as lesson on...nothing. There is no lesson because Caillou isn't educational programming. It's a not funny, not heartwarming, not endearing slice of life drama starring a precocious asshole that gets away with everything because his parents are really bad at setting boundaries.

Caillou is going to grow up to be a BMW owner who smacks his girlfriend around while giving highschool girls money for back alley abortions. There is nothing redeeming about this child and I REALLY hope this doesn't get added to PBS Kids' regular programming.

• True 1